Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Gamma68

One Too Many
Man that would frustrate me so much I'd blow my stack and have a stroke. I know what I would do....pen an email that would extract a pound of flesh...enough to give a $200 and two year wait worth of F-U. Even if only as catharsis. I'd be boiling if I were in that queue. I love GW jackets but man I'm not cut from that cloth. At a certain point, knowing a large part of his customer base is here, he could have easily addressed and alleviated fears. But totally ignoring your fan base... That's a recipe for absolute failure and at this point the window of opportunity for amends seems to be closing fast.
That guy has already lost me as a customer. And I've never placed an order with him.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
3AEUnr9.jpg

well... I was planning a crosszip several time, been trying to draw some, but too much asymmetrical in the design overloads me... so I dose it down to this frankenstyle aviation-biker jacket, it has a wide windflap and less symmetrical collar and sleeve pocket.. maybe it will unwind my taste a little.
This maybe is going to be my final or semi final jackets. HOPEFULLY
it has 3 collar modes... training myself to like a collared thing too..

3AEUnr9.jpg

well... I was planning a crosszip several time, been trying to draw some, but too much asymmetrical in the design overloads me... so I dose it down to this frankenstyle aviation-biker jacket, it has a wide windflap and less symmetrical collar and sleeve pocket.. maybe it will unwind my taste a little.
This maybe is going to be my final or semi final jackets. HOPEFULLY
it has 3 collar modes... training myself to like a collared thing too..
I'll take a size 44" please!

Jejupe

Practically Family
It seems to me that GW is not interested in answering emails/calls that don’t bring in immediate cash, or in worst case would require them to return some deposits.

I’ve seen in the past similar behaviour from companies / individuals who has gotten into serious financial problems.

Jejupe

Practically Family
It seems to me that GW is not interested in answering emails/calls that don’t bring in immediate cash, or in worst case would require them to return some deposits.

I’ve seen in the past similar behaviour from companies / individuals who has gotten into serious financial problems.

Naturally, I have no idea if this is the case with GW. Just saying that not being able to put out jackets for a while must have its affect on their cashflow.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I had an email from John last month. He's beavering away, the new button hole machine has sped up his work rate but that's cold comfort for anyone still the queue.

Remember John is a one man band. With that scenario it might not take much to upset and overwhelm operations from various sources of disturbance. I'm sure that is not much consolation for those who can't even get their emails answered. However, I've known John for years on various forums and through personal emails. He was always a super nice down to earth guy. I feel like something quite dramatic or several things must have happened to make him act this out of character. He would be the last person who I feel would ever be devious or underhanded. Maybe what got him behind or out of sync is just something difficult for him to explain or rectify right now. There just has to be something very unusual happening to cause the silence IMHO.
HD

dannyk

One Too Many
View attachment 140092
I know a jacket like this is not highly regarded here on FL, but goat looks better and better with age, the jacket fits me to a "T" and consider the price: $45 incl shipping. My last one is retired for failure of the collar after twenty-five years. Can't seem to rotate the image - sorry. View attachment 140091

It’s not looked down upon. Especially for that price! That’s where people have issues. When fashion brands/mall jackets that last two seasons and fall apart and charge 1,000 dollars. That’s the issue. If you can score this for 45 including shipping well then good on you friend![/QUOTE]

I don't think that kind of jacket is necessarily looked down upon here especially if you like the hide and fit. Some here are just happy that they found the custom makers because of their build. Long arms or torso among other things. I have long arms and many standard stock jacket sleeves often seemed closer to my elbow than my wrist. Now that problem is solved for me with jacket makers who are willing to make a jacket to my measurements. I also will pay the higher price. Of course they also offer different styles and an assortment of hides as well. However, if you don't need a custom fit or unique style, then a stock jacket saves you a ton of money...and good for you..!!;)
HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner