Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Johnson’s Leathers Corp. Custom Cross Zip

I drove across the bridge and picked up my first custom leather jacket today and could not be happier. I visited JL last August just to get some hangers and ended up ordering an M-500 in 2 ½ -3 oz. naked cowhide. I put in side tabs from the M-200 instead of side lacing, and took the zippers out of the slash pockets. It has YKK antique brass zips. #10 main zip and #5 sleeve and chest pocket zips, as well as antique brass snaps. I replaced the quilted lining with cotton and used satin in the sleeves. The jacket weighs about 4 lbs.

I came armed with exact body measurements, as well as exact specifications from the many jackets that I had at the time. Alan put me in a 44 off the rack that was way too big for me, pulled at it in a few places and made his recommendations. I asked for a little longer than may be traditional, and also asked that there be some room for layering in colder weather. He took the biceps in a bit and eyeballed the jacket on me with his 30 +- years of experience and came up with a great fit that is just what I wanted!

The leather is very soft and pliable requiring no break in, yet seems fairly strong and relatively thick. It shows nice pebbling, does not have tons of texture or grain, but is very comfortable. The cut is long and loose as requested, and has quite a lot of flexibility due to the shoulder gussets. The three outside pockets are all fairly large and have leather pouches, and one inside unzipped pocket is fairly large as well.

Alan and JL do a great job, and offer a very high quality product. Alan pointed out with pride that in celebration of their 50th anniversary they had put in the original Johnson Leather tag that they had not used in 30 years. They have a reason to be proud and celebrate 50 years of excellence.

Brovo JL!
07b4e8a1673be180c11b8f3f5d681118.jpg

b5796cdefdff49f8cf9581d6ca715366.jpg

c68cd58102087db392a89de9afa1de5e.jpg

848def7c1e4dd2304362bbf3074b51aa.jpg

a4ac53dd85a6afe6d41b98b926ce54c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

willyto

One Too Many
I don’t baby my stuff but i wouldn’t lean on a brick wall in the sale picture of a thousand dollar leather jacket.
I don't see anything wrong with that. Is not like these jackets are made of paper or something. It won't even leave a scratch in the leather.

If anyone doesn't buy a jacket because of that then there's a lot of paranoia going around!

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
I don't see anything wrong with that. Is not like these jackets are made of paper or something. It won't even leave a scratch in the leather.

If anyone doesn't buy a jacket because of that then there's a lot of paranoia going around!
I’d do it to my jacket, i just wouldn’t buy one that someone else did it to unless it was a crazy good bargain.
If i were selling a car i wouldn’t show a picture of me driving it over curbs.

Bigbenbs

A-List Customer
I've started fantasizing about a café racer in brown CXL Steerhide. Any pictures to feed the beast?

I'd be interested in adding a full action back and board racer collar.

Edward

Bartender
Might as well have been a full on custom made just for you but man, if that a Long size... I can't imagine how Regular could've ever worked for anyone, especially on a bike. These are extremely cool. I wonder why the belt looks are so huge, though... Can't be they just wanted to be sure every belt would fit?

Possibly. Or maybe allow the height at which a thinner belt is pulled tight to vary?

I've heard that it can get really cold in Chicago: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Buzz-Ricks...h=item1eed630403:g:LPUAAOSw1XFb0Kj5:rk:3:pf:0

VjNQMap.jpg

Cough cough @ton312

I'm not enabling :D

I'd love a B2. I remember someone put the feelers out to Aero about one years ago, but they felt at the time there wasn't enough interest in them - apparently Japan is the only really big market. Gorgeous jackets - I remember handling one that belonged to Rufus Dayglo some years ago. Beautifully made. Warm, though not quite so much so as a shearling or shearling lined jacket.

Hh121

Banned
Model E coming on next Tuesday from fall river, package weights 10lbs according to UPS! Even heavier than my rock and roll (package weight 9.37 lbs)

It's been exactly 5 years (the color of my beard says it all) since I sold my LW j23 to mysteryo. As luck would have it, thanks to a wonderful trade between myself and all around stand up guy @AeroFan_07 I have the one jacket I regret selling coming back home! Couldn't be happier and can't wait to throw this thing on and tame a t-rex.
IMG_6158.JPG
IMG_6161.JPG

dannyk

One Too Many
It's been exactly 5 years (the color of my beard says it all) since I sold my LW j23 to mysteryo. As luck would have it, thanks to a wonderful trade between myself and all around stand up guy @AeroFan_07 I have the one jacket I regret selling coming back home! Couldn't be happier and can't wait to throw this thing on and tame a t-rex.
View attachment 142974 View attachment 142975
You sob you! You’re just getting such great things these days. The E, The HD that was better than expected. Now this. Congratulations! Don’t mind me I’ll be over here sulking about my genetics cursing me to be this small and missing out on 95% of the trades and sales around here. Haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner