Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
Gamma68,
I tried to stretch a medium weight cowhide Langlitz jacket by wearing it with a couple wool vests and a sweater on underneath. I found that although this might have stretched it a wee bit, the jacket was still too tight for me.
Be careful, that "technique" might tear apart some seams or the leather right along seam traces.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm very pleased to report that after a soak, stretch and dry routine, the waist width on my Cascade increased from 17.5" to 19". I see no problems with the hem stitching.

Before and after pics below. You *may* be able to see a little expansion from the back. It's subtle visually, but the fit is much more comfortable now. Unqualified success.

BEFORE
136677-0fcd0847cd4be6d9d3d3546594ea2c0c.jpg
136678-b167d363e4758e33ffe88c0e3f466d0c.jpg

AFTER
View attachment 144252 View attachment 144253
Congrats on success. Well worth it!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
One of these should be arriving in about 3 months, but in a medium shade of brown cowhide. I may change the chest pocket to a flap style with a button closure.

I'd definitely remove the breast pocket. It's positioning looks odd and too high. Look at this Half-Belt: http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=8

Apart from that, it's a nice jacket. I don't understand why so many makers, some of the really big names included, have such a problem with breast pocket positioning.

Colin G

One Too Many
I'd definitely remove the breast pocket. It's positioning looks odd and too high. Look at this Half-Belt: http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=8

Apart from that, it's a nice jacket. I don't understand why so many makers, some of the really big names included, have such a problem with breast pocket positioning.

It does look a bit high. The Aero pocket is also angled so that won't make it look as high as the Thedi.

I had an Aero 30's half belt to try and the chest pocket was freakishly small. I could get maybe 3 fingers in it and it needed to be at least an inch wider, and I have small hands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112