Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

hondurasdave47

Practically Family
Custom Aero Hooch Hauler in Midnight Blue CXL FQHH
Pics courtesy of Carrie at THurston Bros
View attachment 164046
View attachment 164045
Specs
Midnight blue CXL FQHH
Black stitching and black buttons
Coin pocket and throat latch (hiding under collar)
Isle of Sky Tartan and blue sateen sleeves
Did a slight taper at the hem (original hem spec 19.5 inches reduced to 19 - equates to 1inch reduction in hem diameter)
Nickel hardware

I wanted to make a jacket in midnight blue ever since Ton’s Midnight blue HB. I wanted a cross zip but wanted it more vintage than biker. I was thinking of a STF BL with a D pocket initially but when the hooch hauler came out, the back style caught my eye. I went with a coin pocket instead of a D pocket to compliment the elaborate back since I felt a D pocket would be a bit much with that back. The added throat latch also gives it a vintage aviator feel imho.

Hopefully it fits as well as it looks and once I receive the jacket, I’ll post a more detailed post with fit pics.:)
You might have just sold me on a Midnight Blue Crosszip.

I have this Headwind A-1 Racer coming. The price was irresistible! Looks like a fantastic quality jacket. Hope it fits.
xRI0w7i.jpg
Can’t wait to read your write-up...This jacket was very tempting. Great catch!

Edward

Bartender
AERO HIGHWAYMAN
Recieved my Aero Highwayman HH today in dark brown. More than happy. Had this custom made with extra sleeve length and slightly longer at the back. View attachment 164159
Lochcarron wool lining plus added inside pocket. View attachment 164162
I'm fortunate that I live nearby the premises where these are made and popped in personally to see Ken, Lydia and the team. I was made to feel very welcome and had a look around the premises and met the staff.
Great company ! Amazing quality. View attachment 164160 View attachment 164159 View attachment 164160 View attachment 164161

Beautiful jacket. I'm very tempted, once I clear some stuff out, to pick up a brown stablemate for my black HWM. I know, I know.... I want it ALL! (My favourite dream is one where I win the Euromillions jackpot, and just roll up at Gala - "Two of everything, please!")

Your lining looksl ike it might be the ancient / weathered version of McLeod tartan? Don't lose your head wearing it! ;)

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Wow, this looks really nice for maybe half of the price of a FW San Mateo. What's the backside design? Perfecto, Cafe Racer, San Mateo style? Is it 4oz (more/less) burgundy Horween HH CXL? Anyway, congrats! Makes me to want one too but I'm done with leather jackets ;-)

When it rains, it pours...

QBD1xcE.jpg

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow, this looks really nice for maybe half of the price of a FW San Mateo. What's the backside design? Perfecto, Cafe Racer, San Mateo style? Is it 4oz (more/less) burgundy Horween HH CXL? Anyway, congrats! Makes me to want one too but I'm done with leather jackets ;-)

The backside design is the same as the original Peter's Aviator style but with an added back panel to make it lower. We designed it that way so that it works better in my riding position.I also did away with the side laces in favour of double straps. Will post pictures later when I get the chance!
And you're pretty much spot on, about 3.5oz burgundy Horween HH CXL. Never say you're done with jackets, because you never know :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner