Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Bronson just dropped a bunch of 'new' or updated jackets... B-10s, Deck jackets etc...
I wish they made an unstenciled Navy A-2...I was tempted to buy one from Pike but I already have their N1 and my redundancy threshold isn't as high for these as leather jackets. Price is so good on Bronson stuff.

dannyk

One Too Many
Bronson and Bob Dong seem to really have a lot of bang for the buck. I’m considering getting either one of their Tanker Jackets. Doing the math on the measurements for each and will just go whichever will fit better.

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
Fitcheck on this size 46 eastman californian. What do you guys think?
Screenshot_20191015_152240_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Bronson just dropped a bunch of 'new' or updated jackets... B-10s, Deck jackets etc...

Any indication they'rte upping the size range?

Bronson and Bob Dong seem to really have a lot of bang for the buck. I’m considering getting either one of their Tanker Jackets. Doing the math on the measurements for each and will just go whichever will fit better.

They certainly look good. I've yet to take the plunge at the measurements always seem to suggest I'd need one size larger than their range goes, but hopefully they'll catch on the the bigger sizes thing as their Western market grows...

dannyk

One Too Many
Any indication they'rte upping the size range?

They certainly look good. I've yet to take the plunge at the measurements always seem to suggest I'd need one size larger than their range goes, but hopefully they'll catch on the the bigger sizes thing as their Western market grows...
I’ve been in contact with an eBay seller of both brands. He runs an eBay store that stocks almost all products they both make across the range. I can shoot him a message and see if he’s heard any ring for you.

Edward

Bartender
I’ve been in contact with an eBay seller of both brands. He runs an eBay store that stocks almost all products they both make across the range. I can shoot him a message and see if he’s heard any ring for you.

That'd be great - I'm not expecting a 44waist anytime soon, but a C46 jacket size (pit to pit 48-50") would be fantastic!

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
7785d3d7d3ab1743_Front500.jpg

I really really really resisted. I failed. I've been awake too late at night looking at this one for several weeks.

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=4399

Measurements look pretty spot on for me, with the exception of sleeves which are slightly shorter than I prefer. But the shoulders are wide and the leather is on the softer side, so it should work.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab

I really really really resisted. I failed. I've been awake too late at night looking at this one for several weeks.

Measurements look pretty spot on for me, with the exception of sleeves which are slightly shorter than I prefer. But the shoulders are wide and the leather is on the softer side, so it should work.

With that particular style, I'd prefer the Lewis Leathers. It's their flagship style after all and I like the Dominator better with no seams on the chest.

Edward

Bartender
I just messaged him. I’ll let you know when I hear something!

Cool, thanks!

Ah, the 59er Highwayman.... Interesting model. Not, as some assume, a repop of the Lewis Dominator (which closely resembles it), but in fact a repop of an original Highwayman-brand jacket from 1959, made by Rivetts of Leytonstone, East London. Back in 1983, Ken made the first HWM as we know it now for a customer. It started off as being based on that original jacket, but per the fashion of the 50s revival then in swing, Ken Americanised the fit, made it a bit looser, changed the cuffs. This version is faithful to the original. Rivett's were Lewis-Aviakit's big rivals for many years - crucially, they were making this style, which became ubiquitous among the ton-up set in a way cross-zips never quite did, for several years before Lewis introduced their Dominator and Corsair models. Lewis ultimately bought out Rivetts (never been able to find out exactly when), but at some point left the brand unused, which is why the Highewayman mark was available for the Aero jackets by the 1980s.

I already have a standard Highwayman, but I'm always sorely tempted by this version whenever I see one....

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
With that particular style, I'd prefer the Lewis Leathers. It's their flagship style after all and I like the Dominator better with no seams on the chest.

I really like the Dominator as well. Like you, I think chest pockets are a little bit nicer than a front yoke. But I much prefer the back design of the 59'er over the dominator. And it's 230 GBP difference in price...

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I really like the Dominator as well. Like you, I think chest pockets are a little bit nicer than a front yoke. But I much prefer the back design of the 59'er over the dominator. And it's 230 GBP difference in price...
They pop up on ebay every now and then. Seen two Dominators in 40-42 size range in the past year orso.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko