Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am pretty sure this M fits like a 42, these are the measurements given by HH121 in his thread:

Shoulder s to s: 19.29
Back from base of collar: 25
1/2 bottom: 19.68
pit to pit: 22.04 Fits much larger than measurement suggest
Sleeve straight from shoulder seam: 25.59

That's a perfect fit for me and i am usually a 42.

The pit to pit is exactly what stopped me from buying this!!! Go figure!

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes- and very excited.
Straight zip Langlitz Timberline (Sidewinder) in horsehide.
sidewinder-no front yoke.jpg

BUT no front yoke and no arms zippers.

Would you say that a Pike Medium would fit a 40-42R (closer to a 40R or a 42R)? What about the RMC, what would be the "number" for a 40-42R?
My medium Pike bro’s is not a trim fit but not loose either. About 20” across the shoulder and 24” p2p. I could swing a sledge in it all day unrestricted. I’m 5’11 215lbs. I think I’d be swimming in the large but unable to put on a small. So the medium is my Goldilocks.

Logician

One of the Regulars
My medium Pike bro’s is not a trim fit but not loose either. About 20” across the shoulder and 24” p2p. I could swing a sledge in it all day unrestricted. I’m 5’11 215lbs. I think I’d be swimming in the large but unable to put on a small. So the medium is my Goldilocks.
In December I wrote to Pike Bros to inquire about correct sizing for a N-1. I gave them my mensuration (5'9, 160-165 lbs, muscular built, long arms, flat stomach, etc.).

This is what they replied in an email:

"thank you for your email.
It is always hard to say, you are between M and L I think.
So you have to know, that the body from this jacket is not slim, it is more wide.

Maybe a size M is correct, but I´m really not sure, I'm sorry.
thank you for your email.
Viele Grüße
Best Regards
Andrea Huber"

Now there is more than 2 inches and 50 pounds difference between you and me. Your chest also appears somewhat wider (I've seen some of your pics with the N-1). I usually wear a 40R suit (waist 30-31) and a 40-42R jacket/coat, depending on the maker and design (FYI A LW 40R Suburban is very slim, a 42R leaves plenty of room for layering). After reading your previous posts concerning the sizing of your Pike N-1, I was a bit puzzled. I believe I have to go with the medium (I did order the medium), but I'm afraid it might be too blousy, even though I want to wear a thick submariner wool sweater under my N-1, not just a t-shirt or a shirt. Hopefully, my particular color back-ordered and there is still time for me to change my order. But should I?
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
In December I wrote to Pike Bros to inquire about correct sizing for a N-1. I gave them my mensuration (5'9, 160-165 lbs, muscular built, long arms, flat stomach, etc.).

So you have to know, that the body from this jacket is not slim, it is more wide.

Viele Grüße
Best Regards
Andrea Huber"

Now there is more than 2 inches and 50 pounds difference between you and me. Your chest also appears somewhat wider (I've seen some of your pics with the N-1). I usually wear a 40R suit (waist 30-31) and a 40-42R jacket/coat, depending on the maker and design (FYI A LW 40R Suburban is very slim, a 42R leaves plenty of room for layering). After reading your previous posts concerning the sizing of your Pike N-1, I was a bit puzzled. I believe I have to go with the medium (I did order the medium), but I'm afraid it might be too blousy, even though I want to wear a thick submariner wool sweater under my N-1, not just a t-shirt or a shirt. Hopefully, my particular color back-ordered and there is still time for me to change my order. But should I?
View attachment 206425
I’d start with the medium. For a layer it might well be perfect. I can get a flannel under mine but not a thick hoody or sweater. While it’s certainly warm enough for just a T underneath...it’s far too itchy for me.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up

Viele Grüße
Best Regards
Andrea Huber"

View attachment 206425
Med is right for you with a heavy sweater. You could put on a small over a tshirt and fashion model but not live in it. A large would be a joke. I’m 5’10” 150# I started with an xs and it was as described, ok for a picture but lousy to live in.
Fwiw these were never meant to be trim jackets and if you want a somewhat accurate representation of the original design it will be a bit boxy.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Med is right for you with a heavy sweater. You could put on a small over a tshirt and fashion model but not live in it. A large would be a joke. I’m 5’10” 150# I started with an xs and it was as described, ok for a picture but lousy to live in.
Fwiw these were never meant to be trim jackets and if you want a somewhat accurate representation of the original design it will be a bit boxy.

It's crazy to think someone 5’11 215lb and someone 5’10” 150lb would fit the same size so well!
Your jacket looks like a great fit and i would never have guessed you wore the same size as Tony.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana