Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

SinSir

A-List Customer
If anyone here just won the Brown Thurlow on eBay and it doesn't work letme know.

Screenshot_20200121-104735_eBay.jpg

Kuro

Practically Family
I have ONE potential jacket.

I am looking at a Harris Tweed Blackwatch and black leather trim halfbeltish type cross zip.

I will share more if I make it happen. The maker is willing to do it, I just have to say yes.

@tmitchell59

And everyone else who finds this interesting.

This jacket inspired me several years ago:

https://www.thurston-bros.com/produ...legger-sz-40-tweed-wool-and-vicenza-horsehide

Then late last year I learned that Schott made a Harris Tweed Blackwatch Perfecto.

Harris Tweed? CHECK
Blackwatch? DOUBLE CHECK

Suddenly I was looking down a rabbit hole... Where did the hole go?

While recently looking to see if anyone was currently selling a Harris Tweed Blackwatch jacket, I found two hits.

One was a Brooks Brothers walking coat. Not bad.
Two was Himel Bros... They are currently making a Chinook out of Harris Tweed Blackwatch.

Inspiration occurred, so I asked Himel Bros if they would consider making me a half belt out of the Harris Tweed Blackwatch?

The answer is that they will make a Ross Mk. 1 with black oil tan Shinki HH trim.

I said yes please.

So I look forward to sharing this journey as we go!

@tmitchell59

https://www.thurston-bros.com/produ...legger-sz-40-tweed-wool-and-vicenza-horsehide

Then late last year I learned that Schott made a Harris Tweed Blackwatch Perfecto.

Harris Tweed? CHECK
Blackwatch? DOUBLE CHECK

While recently looking to see if anyone was currently selling a Harris Tweed Blackwatch jacket, I found two hits.

Two was Himel Bros... They are currently making a Chinook out of Harris Tweed Blackwatch.

Inspiration occurred, so I asked Himel Bros if they would consider making me a half belt out of the Harris Tweed Blackwatch?

The answer is that they will make a Ross Mk. 1 with black oil tan Shinki HH trim.

I said yes please.

Damn man. That does sound insanely cool. I almost jumped on a wool/ leather mixed media bootlegger many times. Bought/returned an absolute disaster RMC. Look forward to your end result. Sounds special.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
@tmitchell59

Harris Tweed? CHECK
Blackwatch? DOUBLE CHECK

I said yes please.

Yes, keep us posted.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
My perfect leather vest quest continues. Just bought this. Looks cool, I really like it and apparently, it's very heavy. Leather ought to be 2mm thick. And supposedly, Friendship Leather makes good stuff. I dunno. We'll see. It was cheap, if nothing else.

62260a.JPG

I can't say I'm a fan of the braid work look, but 2.0mm = 5 oz. if this maker has other styles, they'd be worth looking into.

I can't say I'm a fan of the braid work look, but 2.0mm = 5 oz. if this maker has other styles, they'd be worth looking into.

Braid-work made me first stop scrolling! :D Then I saw the measurements are spot on and... Figured I'd give it a try. Friendship Leather seems to be a Thailand maker. Seems they do nice stuff. Fun name, too.

barnabus

One Too Many
A bit of a weird one, but it had been on my "curiosity list" for a while and a cool one in my size just came up for a lower than usual price.
I give you, Swedish weirdness at its finest, apparently it weighs 7lbs unboxed, looking at the wrists it looks super thick:

Rj5RgK7.jpg

bbDm0j0.jpg

0VJSpmF.jpg

kFIXdz8.jpg
I've only seen similar to that style in the olive canvas before, never in leather. Looks ace.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Yup, that's the style I've previously seen in the canvas. It's really cool I reckon. I don't know how wearable it is, but I love it.

I have one of the canvas ones, it makes me look like a crazy person!
It's straight out of "12 Monkeys":

9alK3Qw.jpg

Since it's a bit small for me i gave it to my GF its a great cold weather jacket for wood walks and garden work.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab

9alK3Qw.jpg

Since it's a bit small for me i gave it to my GF its a great cold weather jacket for wood walks and garden work.
I also really like following one which is made of Italian HH but 2200€ is too much
upload_2020-1-23_20-22-55.png

Jejupe

Practically Family

9alK3Qw.jpg

Forgetting the background I imagine this a look a starving 19th century arctic expeditioner gave to his mates before turning them into dinner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk