Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
yeah seems a bit too wide and high for open pocket, pocket with zipper probably need a bit wider to give room for the slider to make it functional.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
yeah seems a bit too wide and high for open pocket, pocket with zipper probably need a bit wider to give room for the slider to make it functional.
It's going to be a double welted pocket with zipper and talon ball pull. Double stitch lines.
Handwarmer pockets also double welted but no zippers. Double stitch lines with triangular detail. Something like this :
4D0D6A1C-97D6-419C-A66F-113B617CC2C2.jpeg

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I like the design but I agree the pocket is too high. You won't be able to comfortably grab into it. The size is good, this way you can get more than two fingers in and actually make use of it, but yeh too high. Vanson does it right with their Model F and Enfield, maybe take a cue there..

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's going to be a double welted pocket with zipper and talon ball pull. Double stitch lines.
Handwarmer pockets also double welted but no zippers. Double stitch lines with triangular detail. Something like this : View attachment 254013
I am really liking this jacket Marc!
In fact I think I like it more than any of the models that Greg has up on his website currently. I’m feeling that old familiar urge to reach out and see about having something like this made for me as well. Can’t wait to see more photos as you guys bring this design through to completion.

Turnip

Couldn’t resist for half price, Armorlux Cap Sizun pea coat to arrive next week.

16262647_500_A.jpg

If it should fit, one jacket will have to go, probably the Berwick.

Cheers

Turnip

Reactions: Zoo

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I know at a lot of jackets they don't, but for some reason I think it looks better when the side tabs and the halfbelt line up.
I'm pretty sure that this is a copy of Freewheeler's Sunset, who probably copied a lot of design elements from Monarch.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I would say try deerskin, not as durable but feels very nice :)

Edit: I am biased lol
I have been searching for a vintage deerskin, but as with most vintage stuff it is too small and/or short for me. I sure like the FW Sunset which I have read is Shinki deerskin, but probably can't get one that would fit. I handled a deerskin RMC that was very nice, but as with most Japanese makers too small. Don't think Aero does deerskin, don't think SB does either. Himel has some on his web page under specialty leather, but have not heard much. I think Thedi has done some in the past, I will ask him when he gets back from vacation. Deerskin sounds like a good choice. Thanks for the tip.

red devil

I have been searching for a vintage deerskin, but as with most vintage stuff it is too small and/or short for me. I sure like the FW Sunset which I have read is Shinki deerskin, but probably can't get one that would fit. I handled a deerskin RMC that was very nice, but as with most Japanese makers too small. Don't think Aero does deerskin, don't think SB does either. Himel has some on his web page under specialty leather, but have not heard much. I think Thedi has done some in the past, I will ask him when he gets back from vacation. Deerskin sounds like a good choice. Thanks for the tip.

Thedi had deerskin when I asked before his vacation, and those I handled at the shop looked nice.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Deerskin really does feel absolutely incredible. I was a horsehide only guy for so long, but now my deerskin jacket is my favorite.

I really hope Freewheelers does more deerskin jackets in the future.

Himel does have some, but he is low on the stock of one of the colors. You could definitely send him an email or something and ask though. Otherwise I would echo @red devil and say go with Thedi. I saw Theodoros post some gorgeous looking deerskin on Instagram so that would probably be a good bet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo