How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

@Imuricecreamman I've just seen that 5Star jackets are made in Pakistan. How is the overall quality (leather, stitching, construction) compared to your Aero? It does look really really good for a $200 jacket!!

jonesy86 likes this.
  2. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman Practically Family

You expect some imperfections in the se cheaper jacket. The leather is really Nice and I wish they offered a "non-distressed" version. The only crooked stitching I found was around the sleevebutton. They also don't seem to have a dedicated buttonhole machine. These are all faults I van live with. Screenshot_20200902_094814_com.android.gallery3d.jpg Screenshot_20200902_094823_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Sockeye, navetsea, Jin431 and 2 others like this.
  3. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

Thanks very much! Seems to be a real bargain and I agree that one can live with that minor faults/imperfections as the value for money seems to be very high.

4. Imuricecreamman

Quite incredible when you consider you can have a jacket made from scratch like Jonesy or take an existing pattern and alter it to your specific measurements.

jonesy86 likes this.
  5. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

Thanks. Buffalo is soft. I am 5'9, 150 (70 kg). According to the five-star chart I may need a 36...:0

I wear 38 in Aero, 40 in vintage sizing, 42 in Japanese sizing.

Ordering a 36 is a little scary...

Zoo and Imuricecreamman like this.
  6. Imuricecreamman

Yeah, the sizing on these are pretty wild, but you can always measure a jacket that fits you great and order by those sizes. I'd say the 42 sizing with the length of the 38 would be perfect for a more "vintage correct" look for me.

7. jonesy86

jonesy86 My Mail is Forwarded Here

The pictures look good, especially for the money. The customer service is amazing.

Imuricecreamman likes this.
  8. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

I think a TFL member @MrProper has a trucker from 5*, in custom heavy goat. Also very nice, albeit a bit more expensive due to custom leather. I am close to pulling the trigger on a Cossack. Shaun has been very responsive.

9. MrProper

MrProper Practically Family

Yes, I have the Trucker and a Cossack and a flight jacket from FiveStar.
    B5026F8D-904A-4417-BFCD-8A72CEFBC6A0.jpeg A29C0F1C-3A15-4139-ADD1-5C0A76F32068.jpeg 07AAA9FD-1282-4CFB-BED4-01112555F759.jpeg

marker2037, Tom71, seres and 8 others like this.
  10. jonesy86

I liked the Five Star premium goat texture but went with the lighter weight average version.
    Seal Brown Goatskin.jpg

JMax and steve u like this.
  11. ton312

ton312

Was never able to fully satiate my desire for a proper suede trucker. As luck would have it this came a knocking and I couldn’t refuse. Y’2 type II
    1A944B01-75C6-4E8A-9D4D-B7ABB312815C.jpeg

12. jonesy86

Is that the unlined 100% Steer Rough Out Suede Leather? I suppose Y2 is also expanding on the definition of suede.

jonbuilder likes this.
  13. ton312

ton312

It is! I know suede gets a bad rap around here and I get it. Nevertheless I really love suede. There’s something about it and the rust color is my absolute fav. I wanted this one when it was posted here in the classifieds originally but stalled. And subsequently messaged the seller that “if ever the day comes”...it’s a good habit to get into around here if you miss something you really like, as we all seem to share that same strand of DNA to some extant.

tmitchell59 and Zoo like this.
  14. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Just got back from Japan (via yahoo auction). About every other day I get an email with all my saved searches. I had not got on there for some time, I've done very well on ebay recently. Well...I went there today. Scrolled through my searches then got to my last search and there it was in my size and looking like new.

Check out this back, never seen anything quite like this. Another Bay Area Gem from the Golden Years. I've bought 4 Bay Area jackets in the last month, I had to send one back. Each one is unique in some interesting way, almost a war of creativity. Each must have known what the other was producing, they were very close. Their design and execution went well beyond purpose even when the jacket was made for a purpose. They added something beyond toughness even when the jacket has a badge holder.

Does anyone today do something like this?

i-img1200x1112-1598279275vhce4c2675686.jpg

15. Imuricecreamman

That is the Ferrari of trucker jackets.

ton312 likes this.
  16. gbg

gbg New in Town

How substantially does the price change once you start customizing with these guys?

17. VestCoast

VestCoast One of the Regulars

Let me know if the sizing on this doesn't work out. Stone cold stunner.

ton312 likes this.
  18. jonesy86

He charged $30 to make a new pattern, and another $30 for custom stitching. I am impressed so far, but I haven't gotten the jacket yet. Shawn answers emails quite quickly.

19. jonesy86

20. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 My Mail is Forwarded Here

you can only hope... like the Beard