How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

Haha, I didn't read the last sentence from @Monitor :p

2. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

I wear Thedi size M

3. Monitor

Monitor

Lol credit for the Zeus thing goes entirely to @navetsea ! XD

4. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

think Ton said it before in another thread.

ton312 likes this.
  5. ton312

ton312

Confirmation email from Aero received. Should have Midnight blue V.2 in 14-16 weeks.
    I’ll need some appetizers before the main course.

Edward, jonesy86, jonbuilder and 7 others like this.
  6. ton312

ton312

When I saw this picture...I mean the dude looks carved from marble. If I could have that hair for a week I’d sacrifice a couple of years off my life! LOL.
    E6178C2B-A79E-49CC-860D-9A94A7A930A6.jpeg

7. Monitor

Monitor

Ditto for the beard... Not that patchy crap I'm stuck with. Or Ship John mustache. That'd do.

Will Zach and ton312 like this.
  8. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

guy should stamp the cap of the snaps with side portrait of his face

Cornelius, Will Zach, Monitor and 3 others like this.
  9. Jin431

Jin431 A-List Customer

Incoming semi vegetable tanned seal brown trucker jacket from people over at five star.

IMG_1358.JPG

IMG_1359.JPG

IMG_1361.JPG

IMG_1360.JPG

10. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Practically Family

I haven't see one in the flesh but those 5 star jackets look great for the money. I just think they should change their label, get rid of the 'genuine leather' thing. To me 'genuine leather' is for mall jackets, which this obviously isn't.

11. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Mich486 and ton312 like this.
  12. ton312

ton312

13. Jin431

Jin431 A-List Customer

Yep, I almost requested to have them cut out the "genuine leather" part on the label which I'm sure they'll do. If it really bothers me, I'll just remove them lol

ton312 and tmitchell59 like this.
  14. ton312

ton312

The first appetizer fresh from the classifieds shipped today. I’m excited about the hide. I’ve read about Horween LUX but have never handled it. It’s very similar to my Bates, which depending how this guy fits will be headed to the classifieds cafeteria, I can’t see keeping both. Kudos to @trainspotter for being a really great guy to deal with.
    F6710151-8080-4696-9445-A1E9BE89C910.jpeg

15. Torstein

Torstein New in Town

@ton312 I don't think you'll be disappointed. My leather knowledge is limited, but I had this jacket before trainspotter and strongly considered keeping it...the way it draped somehow made it work despite the jacket being one size too big. Not lightweight by any means, but still soft. Excited to see how it looks on you!

Jin431 and ton312 like this.
  16. ton312

ton312

Man that’s right up my alley! Really reminds me of the jerky HH Aero has in terms of grain and character. I swore I was done fighting with jackets but had to go one more round with CXL midnight blue. Really looking forward to this and hope it fits!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    Psant25, Torstein and Jin431 like this.
  17. Torstein

Torstein New in Town

Hmm, that's interesting. Maybe jerky HH is the way to go when/if I order a jacket from Aero. I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the hide; if I remember it I'll urge you to make a comparison to CXL/jerky HH/vicenza.

I doubt you'll have to fight this one, though. Your curiosity for new leather jackets, on the other hand... :)

Jin431 and ton312 like this.
  18. jonbuilder

jonbuilder One Too Many

I like it ton hope it fits you

ton312 likes this.
  19. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Practically Family

My Field leathers modified Idaho project has been on hold for a couple of weeks because I decided I wanted brass hardware, which had to be ordered from Japan. 801EECF0-F736-460C-BE93-AB0BCC3EE731.jpeg The hardware arrived yesterday. Greg has also made changes to the pattern to address the issue I had with the front shoulder: CCB861B2-723E-4E03-8A7F-090527AED7FD.jpeg
    He took one cm off each inner shoulder tapered down to nothing. He also told me he made some minor alterations to the neckline. Not sure how or what, but the jacket will be ready by the end of next week so I'm going to see the end result pretty soon. Can't wait :D

marker2037, Zoo, El Marro and 8 others like this.
  20. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

What size is the main zip you got from Japan? Is it a Talon repro? May I ask how much they charge for the main? Thx.