Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Just came in from Idaho. I was going to call it 4 pockets, but now it is Cat's Eye I will do a thread on this jacket after a closer examination.

DSC01650.JPG
DSC01671.JPG
DSC01661.JPG

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
to answer @Marc mndt 's question...one Thedi will probably this one made of cocoa brown washed Buffalo (not the pictured brown goat) with slightly modified pocket design and removable black shearling collar. This one is more physical / fittet cut than normal Pea Coat design as Pea Coats are too loose for my taste. Not 100% sure yet if I rather change the order but on the other hand this jacket/coat design would be a perfect addition to my collection. In other words I don't need another HB, cross-zip, Cafe Racer, etc. and I always wanted a tight fitting Pea Coat.
View attachment 262198
too long for a waisted coat for men.... I dunno the combination of round collar, and hourglass silhouette look a bit feminine to me, I LIKE waisted jacket but not that long

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Damn that is sweet Terry. Wards?
View attachment 262350

Excellent work! Your eye is keen. I do believe it is the same 4 Pocket Cat Eye. The Lining in my jacket does look old, but not original. The pocket bags have the original black lining as in the MW jacket. It was fairly light and delicate for a leather jacket.

These jackets are very popular in the 40s, more aviation themed that Motorcycle.

The Seller thought it was a Seattle Woolen Co. jacket. I own several of their jackets and it does not have the look/style.

Styled and Made in California Love that Slogan.

this guy is a size 38/40 and weighs a surprising 5 pounds .

DSC01670.JPG

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
to answer @Marc mndt 's question...one Thedi will probably this one made of cocoa brown washed Buffalo (not the pictured brown goat) with slightly modified pocket design and removable black shearling collar. This one is more physical / fittet cut than normal Pea Coat design as Pea Coats are too loose for my taste. Not 100% sure yet if I rather change the order but on the other hand this jacket/coat design would be a perfect addition to my collection. In other words I don't need another HB, cross-zip, Cafe Racer, etc. and I always wanted a tight fitting Pea Coat.
View attachment 262198

I think a double breasted coat is a cool addition to any collection! However just like Navetsea, I'm not too sure about the details of the one.. slightly too long for my taste and with the rounded lapels, narrow shoulders, waisted midsection and that particular length it looks feminine to me. Also no handwarmer pockets on a peacoat.. man if you can't do "that" pose, it takes away 90% of the cool. :D Also, in all seriousness, my Aero Veste de Rallye also has only these flap pockets and whenever I wear it, I don't know where to put my hands.

If you want a double breasted coat, I would look at Lost Worlds Pea Coat, that one has more desirable features imho and is cut trim with 21" ptp in a size 40.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I think a double breasted coat is a cool addition to any collection! However just like Navetsea, I'm not too sure about the details of the one.. slightly too long for my taste and with the rounded lapels, narrow shoulders, waisted midsection and that particular length it looks feminine to me. Also no handwarmer pockets on a peacoat.. man if you can't do "that" pose, it takes away 90% of the cool. :D Also, in all seriousness, my Aero Veste de Rallye also has only these flap pockets and whenever I wear it, I don't know where to put my hands.

If you want a double breasted coat, I would look at Lost Worlds Pea Coat, that one has more desirable features imho and is cut trim with 21" ptp in a size 40.
@jacketjunkie @navetsea Thanks guys for your honest feedback. To be honest with you I'm not a huge fan of the traditional Pea Coat design as it simply doesn't look good on me (makes me look like a dwarf in a leather coat :p) - I like Pea Coats on others. That's why I considered the Thedi version with more waisted midsection and details on front and back plus my modified pocket design. Of course I have no clue how it will look in reality. I'll therefore consider to discard my plans for a modified Pea Coat and will perhaps again choose a shorter jacket. An order cancellation is not possible as I paid a deposit already a couple of months ago.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
@jacketjunkie @navetsea Thanks guys for your honest feedback. To be honest with you I'm not a huge fan of the traditional Pea Coat design as it simply doesn't look good on me (makes me look like a dwarf in a leather coat :p) - I like Pea Coats on others. That's why I considered the Thedi version with more waisted midsection and details on front and back plus my modified pocket design. Of course I have no clue how it will look in reality. I'll therefore consider to discard my plans for a modified Pea Coat and will perhaps again choose a shorter jacket. An order cancellation is not possible as I paid a deposit already a couple of months ago.
I still think this Thedi could be cool. Especially with the mouton like you mentioned. Maybe give it some extra 'Thedi' wash to make it look extra rugged.

I'm not sure this is a good comparison, but this is one of my shorter trench coats, with mouton collar. Why wouldn't this look cool in leather?
188BD091-735D-4FE2-9513-C025AFD414F3.jpeg

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I still think this Thedi could be cool. Especially with the mouton like you mentioned. Maybe give it some extra 'Thedi' wash to make it look extra rugged.

I'm not sure this is a good comparison, but this is one of my shorter trench coats, with mouton collar. Why wouldn't this look cool in leather? View attachment 262423
@Marc mndt I like yours and the mouton collar and it suits+fits you very well! I also think that it looks cool on Theodoros. That's why I ordered it as it looks special. As far as the shearling/mouton collar is concerned (I asked him for a detachable one but he needs to check if this is possible) I chose this black one and the leather would be handdyed cocoa brown buffalo hide and I guess/hope that it will looked rugged. I also requested him to change the pocket design to look similar as the Freewheelers Journeyman. Not sure if ths combination would look good and would suit and fit me well. At least here's one person (you) who thinks that this modified Pea Coat design could look good.

upload_2020-9-18_11-48-5.png

@Marc mndt Thanks, I also think that it's cool but I'm still concerned about the length and consider to ask Theodoros if he can make it shorter...not sure if it would then fit. I also consider to remove the halfbelt on the back.

Robbie, but that's a bona fide coat, there really are no benefits of having it shortened. Not saying it cannot look cool but this'd mean turning one item of clothing into another. Not sure it's even possible, TBH. You made a good call to scrap it for something else but I'd definitely not mess with the length of the coat - On the other hand, as @jacketjunkie says, there's always room for a cool coat in anyone's collection and actually, I think it's kind of essential.

Look at the one Zeus is wearing above, no way that'd look any less cool with the Jodhpurs on you.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Pre-corona Thedi used to have a stand at the Selvedge Run trade show in Berlin, which took place every January and June if I'm not mistaken. I'm don't know if there will be another one any time soon, otherwise I'd advice going there and try on some of his coats. that's the best way to find out whether something works for you, or not.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Pre-corona Thedi used to have a stand at the Selvedge Run trade show in Berlin, which took place every January and June if I'm not mistaken. I'm don't know if there will be another one any time soon, otherwise I'd advice going there and try on some of his coats. that's the best way to find out whether something works for you, or not.
You're basically right. I don't have an opportunity to fly to Thessaloniki in the coming months and as far as I know Selvedgerun in Berlin is only a B2B show. I think I'm gonna take the risk and will not change the order to another one as there is simply no other jacket which is as appealing as to me as this one.....worst case I have to resell at lower price...

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Looks good on him, hard to see from an action pose. I m sorry @Robbie79 i didnt follow previous conversation that you already made order on it, i thought you re still brainstorming the idea. Thigh length peacoat works for @Marc mndt up there. I think it works on people with smaller head to body proportion, probably works better in the era where people wear hat since it cover half the head, i have bigger head/ wider face for my body being asian and wearing something seamless down to my thigh highlight my head to looks even bigger.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I think I'm gonna take the risk and will not change the order to another one as there is simply no other jacket which is as appealing as to me as this one.....worst case I have to resell at lower price...
Sometimes taking a risk pays off. Look at your beautiful jodhpurs.

If I were you, I wouldn't make it too short and I would keep the belt. We're not the same size, are we? That's too bad :) otherwise you'd know who to call if for some reason you don't like it :p

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Robbie, but that's a bona fide coat, there really are no benefits of having it shortened. Not saying it cannot look cool but this'd mean turning one item of clothing into another. Not sure it's even possible, TBH. You made a good call to scrap it for something else but I'd definitely not mess with the length of the coat - On the other hand, as @jacketjunkie says, there's always room for a cool coat in anyone's collection and actually, I think it's kind of essential.

Look at the one Zeus is wearing above, no way that'd look any less cool with the Jodhpurs on you.

Zeus, lol!

Bingo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch