How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Monitor

Monitor

Aw man, all the good stuff is way out of my pay grade but they look FANTASTIC. Definitely keepin' an eye on it.

Turnip and dannyk like this.
  2. Tom71

Tom71 A-List Customer

Incidentally, I just ordered one in navy last Friday. Saw it on a colleague, and he was full of praise. The beast got delivered on Saturday, and I cannot recommend it enough. Runs pretty long in the body with an otherwise pretty neat fit. incredibly heavy too.
    Funny to see a post on this just now.

Turnip likes this.
  3. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

This looks like a serious size! How big? :)

4. jonbuilder

jonbuilder Call Me a Cab

46 feet 12-11 beam 24,000 ils

Zoo, Marc mndt, Psant25 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Monitor

Monitor

Heaven. You won't be needing a leather jacket next to this thing. Some years ago, life gifted me two days on a sailboat in an open sea and it's one thing I'll never forget. Just... Amazing. I know I'll never again in my life be able to relive that but whatever, nothing lasts forever and I'm happy.

El Marro and Zoo like this.
  6. Turnip

Turnip Practically Family

Maybe you’ll make it to Hamburg one sunny day. Drive down the Elbe a bit and visit their only store in Stade. If I’ll have time I pick you up and we make our noses red on the Reeperbahn afterwards...:)

I already got a Troyer from them which is perfectly made down to smallest detail, just stunning.
    Switching my clothing a bit from US to European stuff this cardigan is going to replace my Carhartt Berwick and possibly, combined with my chore coat, my arctic traditional coat of same brand.

Cheers

Turnip

Tom71 likes this.
  7. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

King B likes this.
  8. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

is this "journeyman" uniform, I remember reading article in wikipedia about apprentice of crafts there wear such uniform to take pilgrimage across the country to apply their skill... I thought wtf is this 21st century looks very steampunk cosplay meetup-ish, but got to say apart from everything else (velour jacket and top hat and stuff) their bootcut carpenter pants looks fashionably cool.

Tom71 likes this.
  9. Yes...absolutely perfect fit, Mich.
    Congrats

Mich486 likes this.
  10. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

Mich486 likes this.
  11. Tom71

Tom71 A-List Customer

I can assure you, it has nothing to do with cosplay. It´s the real deal.

You can freequently see young apprentices of the carpenter trade and related professions wandering cross my country in their traditional attire. Occasionally they will approach you for a free bed for a night and/or a meal. Your picture of a "pilgrimage" is accurate, I guess. It s a very old and "real" tradition in an ever more virtual world.

12. Tom71

Tom71 A-List Customer

upload_2020-10-13_11-36-39.jpeg

Pretty accurate Picture...

El Marro and navetsea like this.
  13. North_Star

North_Star One of the Regulars

It came and went, it was way too large. Even on the tightest adjustments. I was literally swimming in it:D.

14. Turnip

Just arrived today, Navy too here, what an excellent piece of craftsmanship!

:)

Cheers

Turnip

15. Marc mndt

Marc mndt One Too Many

That's a bummer! looked cool judging from Aero's photo's.

16. breezer

breezer Practically Family

stoked on my 'new to me' Stevenson Overall Co. jacket with custom TSPTR snoopy patch added.... Had this patch for ages, very excited to finally find the right place for it......new favourite jacket. ( shout out to Barcley who traded it with me. ). IMG_2774.jpg

17. MrProper

MrProper Practically Family

Shearling from Fivestar was ordered. I call it "Frankenstein" because its a mix of different jackets. :D

Hobbes1, Zoo, ton312 and 2 others like this.
  18. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

I love snoopy! always have...
    Here is my patch waiting for the right jacket:
    24F2E73B-7906-4618-9E37-16B7BD176AE6.jpeg
    I also have a hand-done skull chain stitched one I don’t know what to do with...
    567360F1-E862-4C2F-ADE7-E6379B9AFFB5.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    Turnip likes this.
  19. Claybertrand

Claybertrand A-List Customer

Beer and Ebay are a dangerous combo for folks with the leather jacket affliction...... Hopefully these end up being keepers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think the pics are lying a bit but hopefully these are nice. If not, I will try them on after a couple of beers to improve their fit. Sorry to anyone who was in on these. But they could hit the market again if they don't fit me.

Hoping to come up with something special in the next 6 months to have 5 Star make. Then I GOTTA shut down the purchasing. :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::(:(:(

King B, marker2037, Mrfrown and 7 others like this.
  20. Turnip

Skull&Bones...maybe onto some kind of „presidential“ jacket?