How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Feb 12, 2017.

1. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Maybe a “Cheney” tribute jacket :p

AbbaDatDeHat, El Marro and Turnip like this.
  2. Turnip

Turnip Practically Family

Haha, yes, but skip a DC tribute shape...:)

3. breezer

breezer Practically Family

nice patches.....I keep buying them but rarely get around to sewing them on....

handymike likes this.
  4. Mrfrown

Mrfrown A-List Customer

So it arrived. It’s in great condition. Overall vibe is like a longer Seven. Liner intact, mild whiff of old closet, a little scuff here and there. But that collar. Man it’s something in person.

But turns out the seller didn’t do a great job measuring (he even sent pics of the measure but not of the whole tape).

Chest measures 23.5 instead of the advertised 22. Womp womp.

5. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

The collar is a masterpiece!
    Pm me if you are interested in a size down.

Mrfrown likes this.
  6. patchmark

patchmark New in Town

I'll take it off your hands.

7. ton312

ton312

This one should be here today or tomorrow. The second to last entry in the Fall denim avalanche. 20oz black organic denim/flannel lined chore coat. I’ll need to remove the patch. Other than that it looks pretty darn solid and was a really good deal. This company is open to all manner of customization, so depending how this feels I might do a 30oz Sherpa lined type III.
    4B689B66-9839-4431-8626-AA7E88FEE8C6.jpeg

8. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

When you fire away at new jackets, you do it tommy gun-style. That's how its done. No little potshots at what you are looking for. This one looks very cool.

9. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Thanks to @Corky Corcovado I should be receiving an N1 shortly! Looks like my patch may soon have a home :).

10. North_Star

North_Star One of the Regulars

I can confirm that it was, it had a really nice leather (not too thick) and warm lining. If I would have fit in it better, it would have been a keeper.

11. jpk_NJ

jpk_NJ Practically Family

Not sure why I needed another jacket, but I just bought another Gold label Brooks CR off the bay. Black 42 in really good condition. Already own a brown and it seems the black ones are slightly less common. At least back when I was actually searching for one.

Zoo and handymike like this.
  12. jpk_NJ

eBay pic. With some conditioning and wear I have high hopes for this one....
    s-l1600.jpg

13. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

Well I was beginning to think the day would never arrive but I spoke to Nick at Vanson today and he told me that they had just finished my custom octagon Chopper! They have been working on this one for a long time and I can only hope that it fits well and looks half as nice as the one JMax owns.

14. Mrfrown

Mrfrown A-List Customer

When did you finalize the order?

15. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

I finalized the order back in April but at that point Vanson was not making jackets, only masks and other PPE. Production on my jacket started in July but it moved at a maddeningly slow pace.
    A couple weeks ago I was so fed up with the delays that I asked about canceling the order. I was told that would mean losing the 50% deposit I had put down when I placed the order. Nick also explain to me how Covid has impacted their production quite significantly, with some staff not returning to work after the shut down and other staff members out with illness or injury.
    I thought about this a bit and reflected on the fact that nothing about this year has been normal or routine for any of us, therefore why am I surprised that my jacket is taking longer than it should. Now the day has arrived and I am glad that I stuck it out. We are looking at record high temperatures here in Northern California over the next couple days but don’t be surprised to see a picture or two of me in my new Vanson Chopper.

Cornelius, Zoo, Mrfrown and 5 others like this.
  16. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Awesome EM. I'm wearing mine today, love it. I recall you mentioned some customizations, but I can't find the post. What were they? I look forward to the pictures. You will be quite happy, I'm sure.

17. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Coolest Maverick around. Beautiful. Great minds think alike..

Attached Files:

King B, Rob The Gob, Jin431 and 2 others like this.
  18. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

JMax, just got home from work but here’s a quick shot:
    4EC43AF0-02D8-448D-A99F-ADC2A37EADFF.jpeg
    Nothing too major in terms of mods:
    -added a snap on fur collar
    -olive drab contrast stitching
    -Japanese chambray lining (sorry @Rob The Gob, I must’ve gotten the last of it)
    -waist band straps facing to the back like your jacket
    I just tried it on for a minute but fit seems great to me, perhaps a little extra room but that is usually how I like my jackets anyway.
    More pics to come soon!

19. Mrfrown

Mrfrown A-List Customer

Man all this octagon goodness! Incredible leather.

Definitely a reward for your patience guys. Congrats on good choices and delayed gratification!

Rob The Gob, JMax and El Marro like this.
  20. jpk_NJ

Both excellent Vanson jackets! And looks like a nice batch of the Octagon. Not too orange.

Rob The Gob, El Marro and JMax like this.
  21. powersci

powersci One of the Regulars

Two new jackets for me this season.

The first is from AG Jeans. They used the khaki-like material for the outer part and lined it with real shearling. I've always wanted a jacket in this style with real shearling. This jacket is "hidden" on their site. You can only find it if you search for it by name on their site. It’s called the Silo jacket and comes in cognac (shown) or black. They had it on sale for 30% but one night it dropped to 70%. I went ahead and snagged it. Shortly after, the discount was back to 30% off.

[​IMG]

The second is from Coach. This jacket is a shearling version of the vintage coach's jacket. Got a huge discount on it from buying it second hand. It's lined with a thick, soft, straight gray shearling. The outer leather is extremely soft.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    ton312, jonbuilder, El Marro and 5 others like this.