Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I have 10mm shearling and maybe a little longer on the Aero and that works great at 10 degrees Celsius downwards.
@MrProper Thanks. I really like your Aero Coastal Command with the yellow hood but honestly speaking 825GBP is too pricey for me after buying the Freewheelers Journeyman. Therefore I'm searching for second hand ones from well-known shearling jacket manufacturers. I therefore think that I will give Eastman a try but I'm not sure about their sheepskin quality compared to Aero, RMC, Irvin, etc.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
@MrProper Thanks. I really like your Aero Coastal Command with the yellow hood but honestly speaking 825GBP is too pricey for me after buying the Freewheelers Journeyman. Therefore I'm searching for second hand ones from well-known shearling jacket manufacturers. I therefore think that I will give Eastman a try but I'm not sure about their sheepskin quality compared to Aero, RMC, Irvin, etc.

I don't know how the quality is, unfortunately. But I can hardly imagine that eastman should have a worse quality than Aero. I would risk it. especially where the sleeves are already so beautifully used. Top.
I am planning another shearling in reddish brown.

El Marro

I therefore think that I will give Eastman a try but I'm not sure about their sheepskin quality compared to Aero, RMC, Irvin, etc.
Eastman sheepskin quality is top notch. Based on what I remember reading from people who own both Eastman and Aero is that they are comparable in quality with Eastman winning out a bit in terms of authenticity to the original jackets.

dlite90

Familiar Face
1. Sent in my payment for a custom Aero Maxwell through Thurston Bros. Think I'm going with Seal Vicenza. Gonna be a long time before that comes in.
2. Bought a cheap Aero Highwayman through a japanese auction. It's steerhide and a light color though so I bought it more to see if the Aero SZ 40 fits me rather than as a daily wearer.
3. Bought a goatskin A2 Bronco from FiveStar Leather this morning. I'm a little nervous about sizing but what can ya do. For $160 it's hard to turn down a good looking jacket like that.

Currently I only have a couple clothing-brand jackets so I'm apprehensive about my measurements.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Eastman sheepskin quality is top notch. Based on what I remember reading from people who own both Eastman and Aero is that they are comparable in quality with Eastman winning out a bit in terms of authenticity to the original jackets.
@El Marro Many thanks for your valuable feedback. Good to know that Eastman is top notch quality wise. I guess I will give the D-1 a try and if I don’t like it I‘m gonna re-sell which hopefully will not be the case. Thanks again. I‘ll let all know tomorrow how I decided.

It’s mine. Very special thanks to Alan at Johnson leathers for offering me a rock’n good deal on this bad boy. They are shortening the kidney panel by 1.5” and I’ll be GOOD TO GO. Ridiculously happy to be getting back into the cross zip game with this jacket.
67216D4F-87CC-40B4-9CDE-BB43901DF88B.jpeg
B34B2890-ACEB-4510-9450-2070F09EBDAB.jpeg
C47F960B-8A5D-4702-87B7-77447E4D5841.jpeg

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Not a huge fan of 2-tone in general, but this is spectacular. Best I've seen.

Agreed. I've said it before but I REALLY don't see what to upgrade with over this jacket. One could get something similarly cool but if one is to retire with only one jacket, this might as well be it.

El Marro

It’s mine. Very special thanks to Alan at Johnson leathers for offering me a rock’n good deal on this bad boy. They are shortening the kidney panel by 1.5” and I’ll be GOOD TO GO. Ridiculously happy to be getting back into the cross zip game with this jacket.
View attachment 285294 View attachment 285295 View attachment 285296
Ton,
I think you are going to be very happy with this guy! I tried on his cousin in size 44 made from the Horween overdye and I was very impressed. This is a great pattern, very similar to the Vanson Commando but a bit shorter and perhaps even a bit trimmer. This is actually the jacket I am talking to Damon about making with the NOS Crown zips I bought.

dannyk

One Too Many
Same here. I’ve had several ideas for a two tone over the years but never could quite get the equation right. When I saw this one I thought “yeah, that’s it”.
If I ever do two tone I’m going to do white and black or black and pink. Just touches like maybe lapels and epaulets in the white/pink. I’d like to look like those 50s-60s rock n roll/rockabilly two tone jackets. I probably won’t ever get around to it, but if I did, that’s it.

Kalmer

One of the Regulars
Ton,
I think you are going to be very happy with this guy! I tried on his cousin in size 44 made from the Horween overdye and I was very impressed. This is a great pattern, very similar to the Vanson Commando but a bit shorter and perhaps even a bit trimmer. This is actually the jacket I am talking to Damon about making with the NOS Crown zips I bought.

Where did you buy the NOS Crown btw?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto