Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Johnson Leathers showed up a day early. Man is it nice. Probably the nicest jacket I’ve ever owned tbh. It’s trim but I think it’ll work. No more barley pop. I’ll get better pics in a thread. Jacket more than deserves it. I can see quite clearly Alan and co. have stepped up their game significantly.
8FDB9734-EEF6-47F3-B502-F1926340D30B.jpeg

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Johnson Leathers showed up a day early. Man is it nice. Probably the nicest jacket I’ve ever owned tbh. It’s trim but I think it’ll work. No more barley pop. I’ll get better pics in a thread. Jacket more than deserves it. I can see quite clearly Alan and co. have stepped up their game significantly.
View attachment 287229

That is definitely one of your best jackets

regius

Just pulled the trigger on a Magnoli Terminator II. After ruminating over 1. The Aero Indian Ranger ($900) 2. LW Buco or Tog ($1700) 3. Aero Elvis ($1000) 4. eBay 1994 NOS Bates T1 ($1100), I finally decided to give Magnoli a try. They seem to be easy to talk shop and custom-sizing, the chrome buckle looks heavy duty, and they “don’t use YKK” (??), and they will take my bicep and wrist measurement! Most of all, their T2 is the closest to Bates. Worst come to worst, $465 is not bad for an abuse jacket!

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 287229
@ton312 Oh Man, this is such a beautiful leather jacket and it fits you so well. I agree with others saying that this is one of your best jackets if not the best. I hope you'll keep this one!

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Freewheelers Journeyman (size 40) made of black deerskin has just arrived (bad light conditions today for taking good pictures). Condition is mint as described by the seller. Fits and feels like a deerskin glove :) I more and more prefer deerskin over HH, especially the heavy deerskin from Freewheelers! It makes me thinking now if I should keep my black Freewheelers Brakeman coat made of Shinki HH which is also in mint condition.
upload_2020-12-8_13-52-37.png

upload_2020-12-8_13-52-14.png

upload_2020-12-8_13-52-25.png

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 287229
The two tone looks really cool and the fit looks great. But those armholes also look very high. Is it sill comfortable?

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Freewheelers Journeyman (size 40) made of black deerskin has just arrived (bad light conditions today for taking good pictures). Condition is mint as described by the seller. Fits and feels like a deerskin glove :) I more and more prefer deerskin over HH, especially the heavy deerskin from Freewheelers! It makes me thinking now if I should keep my black Freewheelers Brakeman coat made of Shinki HH which is also in mint condition.
View attachment 287313

View attachment 287311

View attachment 287312
Very cool and great fit. Question is: Does the wife like it :) If I remember correctly, she wasn't a huge fan of you LW carcoat.

Edit: For some reason I take my gf opinion into account.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Very cool and great fit. Question is: Does the wife like it :) If I remember correctly, she wasn't a huge fan of you LW carcoat.
@Marc mndt Thanks! I think/hope so as she hasn't seen it so far. She didn't like the rather loose fit of my LW carcoats as well as the "old man brown" colour and the olive colour of the other one. I have to admit that I like this one much more than both LW ones. She has decide if I should keep both or sell one - here's my black Brakeman coat for comparison (this one is slightly tighter size 38 which allows less layering):
upload_2020-12-8_14-9-41.png

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
@Marc mndt Thanks! I think/hope so as she hasn't seen it so far. She didn't like the rather loose fit of my LW carcoats as well as the "old man brown" colour and the olive colour of the other one. I have to admit that I like this one much more than both LW ones. She has decide if I should keep both or sell one - here's my black Brakeman coat for comparison (this one is slightly tighter size 38 which allows less layering):
View attachment 287314
I'd say keep both. The Journeyman has flap pockets, this one doesn't :)

jonbuilder

Yes! It has this secret weapon:
View attachment 287327
these “underarm footballs” are such a great design element. I don’t know why they work, but they do. It’s like a hidden gusset.
That was my question also The fit looks good on you the way you seem to like to wear your jackets and the leather should stretch somewhat as it molds to your shape. If you have a good range of movment you have one sweet keeper.

That was my question also The fit looks good on you the way you seem to like to wear your jackets and the leather should stretch somewhat as it molds to your shape. If you have a good range of movment you have one sweet keeper.
I’ll get some better pics up soon!

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Do you feel like you have to let one go?
@Marc mndt Good question, I don't actually know as I really like both. At the first glance they are black leather coats but at the second glance they are different in many ways and I think both fit me quite well. I'm not sure if I would regret selling one of them. I definitely don't regret that I sold both LW carcoats due to reasons already mentioned. Honestly speaking there is no reason to sell one of both Freewheelers

JCSD

Practically Family
View attachment 287313

View attachment 287311

View attachment 287312
Really like this one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112