How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

@Marc mndt Good question, I don't actually know as I really like both. At the first glance they are black leather coats but at the second glance they are different in many ways and I think both fit me quite well. I'm not sure if I would regret selling one of them. I definitely don't regret that I sold both LW carcoats due to reasons already mentioned. Honestly speaking there is no reason to sell one of both Freewheelers

Marc mndt likes this.
  2. JCSD

JCSD A-List Customer

Really like this one!

Robbie79 likes this.
  3. Albe64

Albe64 New in Town

After a very short waiting, my first B3 has arrived...and of course it HAD to be a .50cal Concho ELMC, best B3 EVER, in my personal opnion. The things I love most are their accuracy in sizing (we exchanged 4 mails with measures and opinions), the fit of the jacket and the leather which is NOT shiny at all (a thing I hate in all the B3s, B6s, Ds I have seen). It seems an old jacket in many ways 20201207_120156.jpg

4. red devil

red devil My Mail is Forwarded Here

Deerskin is a great hide and this jacket looks perfect! Congrats :)

Keep both, it is a no brainer... although you need to keep in mind this is coming from someone who has the J24 in both HH and deerskin.

Considering your thoughts, it seems pretty likely you would regret letting go of such a good looking jacket that fits you so well.

Edit: formatting

Mrfrown, Zoo, Robbie79 and 1 other person like this.
  5. jeo

jeo Practically Family

Got in last night. Man this is so nice!

IMG-6036.jpg IMG-6037.jpg

6. Marc mndt

Marc mndt My Mail is Forwarded Here

jeo likes this.
  7. JCSD

JCSD A-List Customer

jeo likes this.
  8. jeo

jeo Practically Family

Yup this is the Tenjin Works. Thanks man! I got really lucky just to find one for sale and most importantly one that wasn't too far along the tanning/darkening process so now I can make it mine!

Thanks, the fit is good but I wouldn't say it's perfect. It's cut like a Flat Head jacket, generous in the shoulders and tight in the chest, very "V" shaped with short front and back lengths. I won't be able to layer much under this one.

Marc mndt and dannyk like this.
  9. Mrfrown

Mrfrown Practically Family

The vest I got from JL had really high armholes to start, we lowered them about an inch or so. Even without sleeves it would have been pretty constrictive under my arms.

10. ton312

ton312

jeo likes this.
  11. JCSD

JCSD A-List Customer

Yeah, those Japanese brands are hard to work with at times. My RMC J-100 looked perfect on but still felt restrictive.

jeo likes this.
  12. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

@red devil Thank you so much for your positive response and comments! I appreciate it! Aaahh, I remember that you were the guy owning the two J24 different hides;) I‘m 99% sure that I keep both as both fit me well IMO.

Zoo, Marc mndt and red devil like this.
  13. red devil

Yep

[​IMG]

And I will have another such combination next year :oops::rolleyes:

14. Colin G

Colin G One Too Many

Freewheelers Track Walker just came in. Now to knock some of the newness out of it.

thumbnail_IMG_0385 (2).jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0386 (2).jpg

15. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

@jeo Congrats! Lucky guy, you found a second hand one which looks like it was custom made for you! Beautiful jacket and perfect fit. I‘m curious how it will look after a bit of sun tanning...hopefully next Summer.

jeo likes this.
  16. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

17. ton312

ton312

Cornelius, jeo and dannyk like this.
  18. jeo

jeo Practically Family

Thanks man! This is probably my most comfortable jacket. It just feels so good on. This Tenjin cowhide is something else!

Unfortunately for my bank account, the Japanese brands are the only otr sizes that work for me. Otherwise I have to go custom. Good thing for Yahoo Auctions Japan where I can get these jackets second hand at great prices.

Let's see your J-100!!

Thanks man, I truly did get lucky. These almost never come up for sale.

I've had other natural veg tan leathers and from my experience the sun doesn't do much at all to darken these leathers. Maybe in the beginning a little bit, but it's more so the dirt/pollutants in the air and then when you touch the leather, the oils in your skin that darken these jackets. I imagine the best way to accelerate the process would be to ride a motorcycle (besides oiling or conditioning the jacket)

Robbie79 likes this.
  19. jeo

jeo Practically Family

20. red devil

Tested and confirmed :)

jeo likes this.