Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
@ALL Thanks a lot guys for your positive feedback. I really hope that there will be some opportunities to wear it during this Winter.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I'm just wondering what it will look like if the side adjusters are closed a little more?
@MrProper Actually I haven't tried it as I've just taken a couple of fit pics. Maybe tomorrow or in a couple of days. I'm already thinking about convincing my wife and daughter to spend the next Summer vacation in the Antarctic rather than in Greece, Italy or Austria....risk for C-19 infection will be much lower there anyway

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
@MrProper Actually I haven't tried it as I've just taken a couple of fit pics. Maybe tomorrow or in a couple of days. I'm already thinking about convincing my wife and daughter to spend the next Summer vacation in the Antarctic rather than in Greece, Italy or Austria....risk for C-19 infection will be much lower there anyway

Just go visit some tanneries in North Finland and Sweden, it is fun :)

jonbuilder

Here are a few pictures of the RMC B3 which I recently bought from @John Lever (many thanks again, very smooth and friendly "transaction" and communication).
This is definitely my Winter grail jacket and belongs to personal 3 favorite leather jackets/coats! It's a piece of art and I haven't handled a leather jacket with higher quality or at least the same as Freehweelers. The B3 jacket is in nearly new condition for that price if you consider that a new one costs about 3500€! Even if I don't have a comparison with other high quality B3 makers like Eastman, Aero, LW, etc. I can't imagine that it can get any better than this one - according to John the quality of these RMC NZ ones is even better than the new ones. Anyway, I'm really impressed and it's a shame that the temperature is that high at the moment (10-12C). If was really concerned about the actual fit as I normally wear size 40 (RMC and FW) and this is a size 42 but the fit is rather tight in the chest and waist area than loose. What do you guys think? Keeper or put on Classifieds?
Cheers,
Robbie
P.S. I forgot to open the two leather straps when take pictures as I guess the right way to wear it is with opened leather belts
View attachment 290448

View attachment 290449

View attachment 290450

View attachment 290451

View attachment 290452

View attachment 290453

View attachment 290454

View attachment 290455
You are branching out Cool

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I picked up this 70's AMF HD trucker pretty cheap on fleabay. Talon main zip, zippered sleeves. What does the Lounge think about the leather quality on these? Looks like it has some character to it; hope it is not flimsy.

View attachment 290193

That looks so cool to me! Zipper closure truckers are so cool! Hope you like it and hope it fits you well. Congratulations.

Here are a few pictures of the RMC B3 which I recently bought from @John Lever (many thanks again, very smooth and friendly "transaction" and communication).
This is definitely my Winter grail jacket and belongs to personal 3 favorite leather jackets/coats! It's a piece of art and I haven't handled a leather jacket with higher quality or at least the same as Freehweelers. The B3 jacket is in nearly new condition for that price if you consider that a new one costs about 3500€! Even if I don't have a comparison with other high quality B3 makers like Eastman, Aero, LW, etc. I can't imagine that it can get any better than this one - according to John the quality of these RMC NZ ones is even better than the new ones. Anyway, I'm really impressed and it's a shame that the temperature is that high at the moment (10-12C). If was really concerned about the actual fit as I normally wear size 40 (RMC and FW) and this is a size 42 but the fit is rather tight in the chest and waist area than loose. What do you guys think? Keeper or put on Classifieds?
Cheers,
Robbie
P.S. I forgot to open the two leather straps when take pictures as I guess the right way to wear it is with opened leather belts
View attachment 290448

View attachment 290449

View attachment 290450

View attachment 290451

View attachment 290452

View attachment 290453

View attachment 290454

View attachment 290455

Wow, that looks good on you. Shearling jackets go hard. Hope you have a frosty winter so you can wear that all the time. Congratulations on another great pick up

red devil

Continuing the red initiative :)

PeaCoatRedDeer-1A.jpg

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Yeah, managed to get some red deer :D
I suppose that Stu charged you 30-40% extra just for arranging the red deer. I remember when I asked him to choose Crown zippers instead of Talon for the Leathertogs the upcharge was massive (a couple of hundred $...and I wasn't that impressed) and much more than other makers would charge.

red devil

I suppose that Stu charged you 30-40% extra just for arranging the red deer. I remember when I asked him to choose Crown zippers instead of Talon for the Leathertogs the upcharge was massive (a couple of hundred $...and I wasn't that impressed) and much more than other makers would charge.

No the upcharge was reasonable cosidering the effort it required. You can see it on the website :)

Yep, Crown zippers are like $450. Someone once commented that you laughter can be heard all across Queens when someone orders one of those.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
No the upcharge was reasonable cosidering the effort it required. You can see it on the website :)
33% upcharge from $1500 (standard HH) to $2000 (red deerkin) but the result is excellent as usual. Of course I'm sure you're getting an extra discount as his best customer (or perhaps @Carlos840 is his best customer...I need to count both of your jackets ;)) :) I hope you receive it soon!

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Yep, Crown zippers are like $450. Someone once commented that you laughter can be heard all across Queens when someone orders one of those.
Imagine you can get almost a SB high quality leather jacket for the price of Crown zippers....I'm sure Stu is still laughing about my stupidity to accept the price he offered....

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up

BS, Crown main zippers are $250...
Personally i don't have a problem paying that price for them, he is one of the only makers providing them, he can charge what he wants.
If everybody else had them in stock for half of what he charges i would understand but this isn't the case.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
33% upcharge from $1500 (standard HH) to $2000 (red deerkin) but the result is excellent as usual. Of course I'm sure you're getting an extra discount as his best customer (or perhaps @Carlos840 is his best customer...I need to count both of your jackets ;)) :) I hope you receive it soon!

I have ordered 5 jackets from Stu, paid full price on all of them, no discount for me...

red devil

I don't think it is either of us, I am pretty sure he has some customers who ordered more than both if us combined :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Espasoner