Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
:(
@Marc mndt Thanks for your feedback and for sharing your experience with the bruciato HH...when looking at the Bruciato and dark Brown pony hair shawl collar combo I thought that this could also be an option for this jacket style. I‘m just not 100% sure if I really like the pony hair on hide and I‘m not sure if it would look good on me...but as it is my last one for 2021, it should be a „wearable“ jacket which is different and unique to others I already have. Believe me or not, I‘m enjoying next year when other members are posting their new leather jackets :) :(

I guess you will find out sonn enough, I think it is great you are going for that! I am biased fo course.

That being said I see this one more in black or a combination with black than brown, but that is only my opinion :)

Ayeteael

A-List Customer
My 5 starcaidia (2) was delivered today! On a Sunday no less! But with a 40 point Bears win I figure I’ll spread out the joy and wait until it’s scheduled delivery day (tomorrow) to open it. It’s an interesting test of self control.
View attachment 295450
That’s monk-like self restraint. I couldn’t do it. So are you team Mitch or team Nick?

That’s monk-like self restraint. I couldn’t do it. So are you team Mitch or team Nick?
Team neither, or team day drunk...But now they’ve really muddled the waters. Either way they can’t get both sides of the ball to play well simultaneously in a single game.
Today’s contest was no contest but the reg season finale against GB should be!

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Is it possible to replace pulls on sleeve pockets? I don't think so, there isn't an open side with a stop to remove.
I could cut the puller off and put a new one in the remaining ring but i don't think it would look right.
Yep, chest is massive:

Pit to pit: 24.5”
Back length: 24.5”
Front length: 21.5”
Bottom hem: 20.5”
Shoulders: 19.5”
Arms length:25”
Yes, it is possible to remove and replace the stops. JL had a seamstress do it for took about 5 minutes while I waited

Berto

One of the Regulars
Hey guys,
As one of my personal resolutions for the New Year is NOT to buy another leather jacket, I came to the conclusion that the so far last one should be special one which stands out from my other leather jackets. Therefore I've renewed my original thoughts about a ponyhair grizzly jacket. I would replace below camo cowhair with dark brown ponyhair, remove the chest pocket and replace it by two diagonal symmetrical chest pockets with ball on chain zippers. Moreover I would either choose horn buttons or leather buttons as I'm not sure how the 70s Military buttons would look like in reality. I would also choose the Bruciato horsehide as I like the color but I'm not sure how the leather is compared to others such as Shinki HH, etc. (below is this dark brown pony hair + Bruciato HH combination). I'm also considering the distressed thick/heavy black sheepskin + black pony hair on hide. Or do you have a better idea? What do you think? I'm open for ideas, both on jacket design modifications and leather types/colors in combination with pony hair on hide...and yes, I know I ordered pony hair on hide (exactly this jacket) in January this year and finally cancelled the order. Do you guys think I can pull pony hair on hide off or do you think it would be "too much"? Honest feedback please :) Many thanks in advance and I hope all of you are enjoying the holidays!

View attachment 295378

View attachment 295379

Robbie, you know it's never the last one :)

Ayeteael

A-List Customer
All the buzz around Johnson Leather recently had me trolling ebay, and I found this cafe racer with a modest buy now price under $300:
s-l1600.jpg

I sent seller an offer that was accepted, but the jacket's been in USPS limbo since 12/15/20. I opened a claim and the jacket was found at a processing station in MA. Hope to have it in hand by next week. It's tagged a 46 but the measurements are closer to a 42-44.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Incoming :

1) Eastman Californian in black
2) Y2 roughout type II
3) Chinese canvas / leather type II

EAB1A664-086C-4760-89EF-7C5DF7ACE0E1.jpeg

The above jacket is obviously inspired by Thedi's canvas/leather shawl collar. Normally, I'm not interested in buying knockoffs but this one is just loosely inspired by the original so I thought I'd give it a go.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I'm surprised that you bought one through Thurston. Since you live in Sweden I'd guess it would be easier to buy directly from Aero?

And with Thurston you’d probably get hit with import tax and customs fee as well.
Only reason I can think of for doing that would be to skip on the waiting list (assuming that it’s from Thurstons stock jackets).

Thurston will have Aero ship the jacket directly from the factory to the EU address, provided it's not something from their stock so it doesn't need to do a trip 'round the world but I still can't imagine why'd anyone go through them as it simply costs more.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Thurston will have Aero ship the jacket directly from the factory to the EU address, provided it's not something from their stock so it doesn't need to do a trip 'round the world but I still can't imagine why'd anyone go through them as it simply costs more.
Maybe because of their fit jacket service?

Maybe because of their fit jacket service?

I don't know, seems to me like it's still too much of a chore, getting the jacket back and forth, shipping costs, etc. I mean, maybe it's worth it if you want to make sure you're getting the right size but I'd still much rather deal with Aero directly.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I was on the phone with Vanson yesterday, my latest project is finished and shipped today!
It took much longer than planned because of Covid, but it is finally done.
Basically the love child of these two:

sP0wxGJ.jpg

3RtMe7P.jpg

CXL commando, stock gold rayon lining, deleted the ticket pocket and the right handwarmer, double stitched D pocket, modified the sleeve shape a bit (tighter wrists when zipped shut), removed 1" from body length, brass zippers (one way main zipper, i hate the double pullers zips), added Chopper style padding (modified it a little, inspired by Buco J-82) and removable fur collar.

I should have it next week, i cannot wait!

Last edited:

wild_balls

Practically Family
I'm surprised that you bought one through Thurston. Since you live in Sweden I'd guess it would be easier to buy directly from Aero?
Hi,

The simple answer is that The UK are leaving the European Union at midnight. From tomorrow as I have read the agreement we will have to pay tax and import tax with merchandise such as a leatherjackets in this price range. It probably cost a little more from Thurston, but this was a stock jacket in just the right size and options I wanted. It will arrive a lot sooner also.

Sometimes you have to follow your heart if you got the money to spend!

Cheers and a happy new year!

Joakim

Mandarin

Practically Family
Hi,

The simple answer is that The UK are leaving the European Union at midnight. From tomorrow as I have read the agreement we will have to pay tax and import tax with merchandise such as a leatherjackets in this price range. It probably cost a little more from Thurston, but this was a stock jacket in just the right size and options I wanted. It will arrive a lot sooner also.

Sometimes you have to follow your heart if you got the money to spend!

Cheers and a happy new year!

Joakim
I was fearing that. It's going to change the game completely. Unless UK based manufacturers lower their prices, they will all of a sudden be much less attractive, at least in Europe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou