Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Nah, man. When you work in the office, you get the jacket delivered to your job. That way you don't have to wait until the evening to pick it up. Big brain time.

Well, I don´t care about the comments from the colleagues, but with the way our internal post system works, it would be two weeks before I have the jacket. If it doesn´t get lost or stolen in the first place...

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Well, I don´t care about the comments from the colleagues, but with the way our internal post system works, it would be two weeks before I have the jacket. If it doesn´t get lost or stolen in the first place...

The opposite is true for me- items get stolen from the porch when delivered home, so office is the only choice.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab

Ah, that sucks. My place, if you had something delivered the reception would just take it and send you an email to ask you to pick it up. You would sort of have to live with the girls in the reception thinking you were a bit weird. But hey, I am a bit weird.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have had this experience a few times myself. Most recently with my Thedi cross zip. I wasn’t wild about this one when I received it and it has seen very little wear but a couple weeks ago I pulled it out of the pile and I’ve worn it to work a few times. Kind of starting to like it actually!
View attachment 312762

Wait until it gets some proper sun exposure, it will become love :D

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I have had this experience a few times myself. Most recently with my Thedi cross zip. I wasn’t wild about this one when I received it and it has seen very little wear but a couple weeks ago I pulled it out of the pile and I’ve worn it to work a few times. Kind of starting to like it actually!
View attachment 312762

What was it you didn’t like about it at first?

El Marro

What was it you didn’t like about it at first?
So the front zipper is kind of wavy and there are a couple bulges in the leather along the front which make it look a bit sloppy to me. One of these is right in the stomach area which gives the illusion of a potbelly which I particularly dislike.
44C10743-7EB3-424E-9334-ADA0719C63F1.jpeg
I think this occurred as part of the washing process used by Thedi to add character to the leather. I also think that it will diminish and perhaps even disappear with some good honest hard wear.
It also seemed a little long to me when I received it, it is exactly the length I specified but I thought I had messed up. Looking at it now I think it is just fine length wise.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
So the front zipper is kind of wavy and there are a couple bulges in the leather along the front which make it look a bit sloppy to me. One of these is right in the stomach area which gives the illusion of a potbelly which I particularly dislike.
View attachment 312823 I think this occurred as part of the washing process used by Thedi to add character to the leather. I also think that it will diminish and perhaps even disappear with some good honest hard wear.
It also seemed a little long to me when I received it, it is exactly the length I specified but I thought I had messed up. Looking at it now I think it is just fine length wise.

Understood! The bulges, yeah it would look a lot nicer without them. I think you’re right in that they should go away or at least become less pronounced with time. I think the length looks good.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
I have not tried that Marc. I may give it a go if just wearing the jacket doesn’t take care of it
this is good advice. I did something similar when I went a little overboard shrinking my Schott 519 and developed the waves. It helped some, but I know if I tried again it would work even better.

I have a Thedi as well, and it has the waves. It's definitely from the washing process with those leather treatments.

As I'm "lowering" my perfection standards, I think these are character bits for the jacket. All of the hand vintaged Schott jackets have them and a lot of the older jackets I buy 2nd hand have them with all the years of wear, especially if they were used on motorcycles.

El Marro

As I'm "lowering" my perfection standards, I think these are character bits for the jacket. All of the hand vintaged Schott jackets have them and a lot of the older jackets I buy 2nd hand have them with all the years of wear, especially if they were used on motorcycles.
I think this is one case where lowering your standards can only lead to greater happiness. I realize that I still had some of the unrealistic “grail jacket” delusions in mind when I ordered the Thedi and at this point in my jacket career I should have known better. It is a very well-made jacket and it is comfortable to wear and what more does one need really.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 312823 I think this occurred as part of the washing process used by Thedi to add character to the leather. I also think that it will diminish and perhaps even disappear with some good honest hard wear.

IMO there isn't enough tapering at the waist.
The bottom hem is too wide and looks a bit messy.
It's somethign i see on a lot of Thedi jackets, both on his website and on TFL fitpics, IMO there is usually a bit of bottom hem overhang going on.

Last edited:

Mich486

One Too Many
How could you know which part to work on beforehandIf I undertand correctly, the treatment is adapted to the jacket part, i.e. this should be this done on the lower sleeve, this on the shoulder, etc...?

I was going to say the same thing. It depends on the treatment and some can’t be applied to the hide before being cut into a jacket. For instance burnishing the edges and distressing can only be done at the end.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
It's somethign i see on a lot of Thedi jackets, both on his website and on TFL fitpics, IMO there is usually a bit of bottom hem overhang going on.

Mine has it too and it really bugged me when I first got the jacket. It really is hour glass shaped, whereas most of my jackets are V-shaped.

A4C2B3D8-4828-4FA6-9DE8-1BFCC9FE4809.jpeg

6C554EAC-7DBA-4E99-BDF2-C03D1E65C4E1.jpeg

After owning the jacket for a year, I actually have come to appreciated it and it doesn't bug me anymore. It goes well with the overall style of the jacket. But if I had the choice, I would prefer an inch less bottom hem width.

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
Mine has it too and it really bugged me when I first got the jacket. It really is hour glass shaped, whereas most of my jackets are V-shaped.

View attachment 312939

View attachment 312940

After owning the jacket for a year, I actually have come to appreciated it and it doesn't bug me anymore. It goes well with the overall style of the jacket. But if I had the choice, I would prefer an inch less bottom hem width.
When somebody has a preferred fit I often feel that even though the jackets have different style and aesthetics the overall silhouette gets a little bit too similar. Having different type of silhouettes bring the different jackets to life on the person wearing them. And I have to admit this one really gets me in the mood for a Thedi.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
When somebody has a preferred fit I often feel that even though the jackets have different style and aesthetics the overall silhouette gets a little bit too similar. Having different type of silhouettes bring the different jackets to life on the person wearing them. And I have to admit this one really gets me in the mood for a Thedi.

I have to agree. Plus, I do find jackets with an hourglass shape/flare at the bottom hem rather elegant. The tricky bit is to size it just right, as this means the jacket will inevitably run a bit tight at the stomach area (or you are bound to end up with too much of a flare). No good propects if your planning to grow a beer muscle...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21