How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Feb 12, 2017.

1. torfjord

torfjord One Too Many

I think @Robbie79 have started a green trend here :). I haven't requested any modifications to the design, so I'm going with the two-way zipper.

2. Cornelius

Cornelius Practically Family

navetsea and MrProper like this.
  3. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

I would ask for the wrist straps a bit lower, especially if you are going for the European sleeve length.

jonbuilder likes this.
  4. MrProper

MrProper One Too Many

lol Many Thanks.
    But only almost. P2P and Hem are exactly by the tolerance of 0.5" too wide, but I was aware that this could be so and I had factored in. I think, however, that this is not tragic with this leather.
    I like this unfinished HH leather very much. Stiff, but not too heavy and feels great. A really velvety grip.
    With the light color, however, it is easier to see the places where the seams are not so perfect. But overall I like the jacket very much and it is just as I imagined it to be.

Mrfrown, Zoo, handymike and 3 others like this.
  5. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

Looking good @MrProper! Congrats on another amazing jacket and the fit is perfect as usual

All in good time!

Green, just in time for Spring (hopefully). Collar looks amazing. Congrats

navetsea, MrProper and torfjord like this.
  6. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

navetsea and Jin431 like this.
  7. Peckinpah

Peckinpah New in Town

@MrProper

Jacket looks incredible, mate. Congratulations!

Was this the one you had mentioned had gone into production? How long was it in production for before it was ready for delivery?

Jin431 likes this.
  8. MrProper

MrProper One Too Many

many thanks :)
    I think it was around 3 weeks in production before delivery.

Zoo, Jin431 and Peckinpah like this.
  9. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Call Me a Cab

I have been thinking about getting a nice racing shirt for some time. Not one that looks new and shiny but something with character. I really like the distressing on this Thedi so therefore Thedi was a strong contender. I'm not a huge fan of the two-slider zip and the ventilated side panels but those could easily be changed. However, I really prefer a racing shirt without side panels at all.

338AE959-1211-4A1E-83B5-EA4318B3BBF6.jpeg C0B6A505-88D3-44B9-8463-5C3573D0A06D.jpeg

I love the look of this 60s Schott cafe racer so I asked Greg whether he could do a remake of it using the Route 66 as a base. I think Field Leathers' grainy Shinki will add just the right amount of character. He was happy to accept the project so I just ordered yet another Field Leathers :)

57C81A0D-DF1B-4A46-BE42-B7A0E70CBFE8.jpeg 93158662-19FD-4A51-916F-9CB98D02435A.jpeg 70D0EC04-1AAA-4742-A4BE-4F8F8ABF1520.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    marker2037, Mrfrown, JCSD and 16 others like this.
  10. Monitor

Monitor

If Schott kept this quality and leather, the entire market would look a lot different now. This seriously devastates anything out there in terms of, well, everything.

11. Graemsay

Graemsay Practically Family

@Marc mndt are you thinking of an unlined jacket?

I swapped a couple of emails with Greg about one like that, and am just making a decision.

Jin431 likes this.
  12. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Call Me a Cab

I chose black quilted nylon lining for this one.

Graemsay likes this.
  13. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

Great choice, Marc! I think both do look good, both Greg's grainy Shinki based on your VTG Schott and Thedi's distressed cowhide (I like the look of the ventilated side panels but also the more plain back panel of your VTG Schott). What's the current waiting time? I bet 9 or 10 months already or still 8 months?

Marc mndt likes this.
  14. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Call Me a Cab

I have no clue. I just hope we'll be able to travel again when it's finished so I can go pick it up on person.

TG3, MrProper and Robbie79 like this.
  15. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

The vintage Schotts are great jackets! I would consider removing the shoulder gussets for a cleaner look if you don’t need them. The length could also loose an inch or so, but a good jacket to base a remake.

Marc mndt likes this.
  16. torfjord

torfjord One Too Many

I’m hoping this one will be the cross zip equivalent of my Brooks. Sears Oakbrooks on the way from Barcelona. Not even Fjorde could keep me from wanting this one. Measurements show a that it’s going to be a pretty tight fit, but I think it’ll work.

467751AF-C76F-45AD-87D1-B5C93EE18FB7.jpeg

17. torfjord

torfjord One Too Many

I think we can definitely call this a full on relapse into the TFL effect now

Superfluous, handymike and Fonzie like this.
  18. dannyk

dannyk One Too Many

They don’t get enough love. You can usually find them for 150-250 with only the nicest of the nice conditions above that. Yet they are a classic cross zip d pocket design, well put together, and with decent enough leather for the price that is. So in that range I wasn’t disappointed in my purchase in the least. I did end up selling it but that’s because of the much discussed TFL effect. You know had to sell it to fund the next jacket which will be sold for the next one. So I’m wishing you all the luck that this hits the same sweet spot as your Brooks.

torfjord likes this.
  19. torfjord

torfjord One Too Many

Thanks Dan! No one can beat the TFL effect in the long run ;)

dannyk likes this.
  20. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman Practically Family

Love it! Any particular reason you opted out of the deerskin?