Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

nickv

One of the Regulars
Thank you so much, needless to say I'm very happy and excited on this one and hoping it fits better than my last jacket made with FL (I requested for the waist/hem to be slimmer for this project).

That Thedi pattern is so cool and my style too! Can't wait to get my waxed black canetto so I can share with you how that looks out in the wild. Maybe show Theodoros a photo of the mouton, I'm sure it will be easy for him to source it considering his contacts. Are you keeping the two way main zip or just a regular riri one way zipper? Any other design you will change here?
Im going with the zipper as in the pics, the 2 way brass zipper. Cannot wait to see your Cannetto jacket as well. Yes i did indeed send Theodoros these pics, his reply " Great work with photos my friend, I was impressed" :D

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Im going with the zipper as in the pics, the 2 way brass zipper. Cannot wait to see your Cannetto jacket as well. Yes i did indeed send Theodoros these pics, his reply " Great work with photos my friend, I was impressed" :D

Got it, that will be functional and will likely last forever. That's a great sign, I'm sure he will deliver with the preferred fur color. I wonder if Theodoro's look at other makers work too for comparison/inspiration. It's been about 4.5 months since I placed my order so hopefully I get it soon, it's about 6 month average wait time for his work completion right?

nickv

One of the Regulars
Got it, that will be functional and will likely last forever. That's a great sign, I'm sure he will deliver with the preferred fur color. I wonder if Theodoro's look at other makers work too for comparison/inspiration. It's been about 4.5 months since I placed my order so hopefully I get it soon, it's about 6 month average wait time for his work completion right?
I ordered my first jacket in June last year and received in Feb this year, Covid & lockdowns wouldn't have helped the in the process. Im sure yours will be quicker now. Im in no hurry for this next one.Im geting in early & placing the order now so i can have for next winter,meanwhile i get to wear my first one this winter.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
That looks awsome Jin, congrats cant wait to see the fit pics when you receive. I particularly like the shade of brown on that mouton. I couldn't wait and am ordering my next Thedi and am going for the Cannetto cowhide like you . I too am adding a brown mouton to my jacket , i just hope he can get the brown as close in colour as your sample, the ones i have seen seem too reddish/brown fro my liking. I have mocked up some pics of how i hope the jacket will look.
View attachment 339396 View attachment 339397 View attachment 339398 View attachment 339399 View attachment 339400
another beauty. Wow. Trifecta today LOL

Just realized I pretty much have the same jacket but with a beige collar and different hardware. I love how that brown looks though. Going to reach out to them to just order an extra collar. Really gives the jacket a whole other look. Stealing your idea :)

nickv

One of the Regulars

Just realized I pretty much have the same jacket but with a beige collar and different hardware. I love how that brown looks though. Going to reach out to them to just order an extra collar. Really gives the jacket a whole other look. Stealing your idea :)
Thanks. If you do reach out to Thedi, i would be interested to know how much it would cost just for a mouton collar to be made to order.

nickv

One of the Regulars

Thanks. If you do reach out to Thedi, i would be interested to know how much it would cost just for a mouton collar to be made to order.
I'm going to take a guess and say close to $200 with shipping and everything. I'll ping you once I find out.
I reckon it might be closer to the price of a fivestar jacket:eek:

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
yikes!!!! Well I just sent a note to him. I'll keep you posted. Obviously there's a point of diminishing returns here. It's definitely a nice to have. There's some trusted vendors that can probably pull it off, but obviously would love to get from Thedi since it has all the cool hardware, snaps, etc.

nickv

One of the Regulars
yikes!!!! Well I just sent a note to him. I'll keep you posted. Obviously there's a point of diminishing returns here. It's definitely a nice to have. There's some trusted vendors that can probably pull it off, but obviously would love to get from Thedi since it has all the cool hardware, snaps, etc.
Will be happy if its around your estimate.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
@TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead @nickv i paid an extra €150 for the detachable mouton collar to be placed on the grizzly pattern. Although Thedi had to completely change the stock shawl collar to a standard collar so I was charged with a pattern change with that €150, so maybe/hopefully the detachable collar will be a little cheaper than that.

This is what color fur I went with.
IMG_3582.jpg

IMG_3583.jpg

powerserge

One of the Regulars
Here it is the completed 3-in-1 Field Leathers modified Manhattan J24 with leather togs back/sleeves and detachable black&brown mouton collar. Greg is super cool and lovely to work with. The extended wait time is worth it for me

View attachment 339318

View attachment 339319

View attachment 339320
This looks so nice! It came out really well and excited to see how it looks once you have it. I wasn't the biggest fan of the J-24L that McCoy's does mostly because of the collar but both the black and brown collars on your jacket look great! I think the brown shade is much nicer and the black is a nice option to blend in
Forgot to post pics f my Good Wear B-6. I was able to wear it a couple days, but now we're getting 90F+ days here in Seattle, so next wear might be after the summer...
The jacket looks great! Out of all the military shearling jackets the B-6 is the one that always catches my eye. It seems to me to be easier to wear than a B-3. May need to pick one up before next winter

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Looks fantastic! I'm sure it will also be a great fit.
Thank you! It will be trimmer in the waist/hem so I hope it's not too tight there lol but still not as trim as the five star light deerskin so I'm hopeful!

This looks so nice! It came out really well and excited to see how it looks once you have it. I wasn't the biggest fan of the J-24L that McCoy's does mostly because of the collar but both the black and brown collars on your jacket look great! I think the brown shade is much nicer and the black is a nice option to blend in
Thanks man. The project was in great hands. Greg was eager to tackle the design changes with how to make them blend in to one pattern and the added challenge of making a detachable collar which is a new task for him. I agree the brown fur is so much for interesting and the black fur looks classic.

Perfection once again!
Thank you kindly. Greg sets a high standard for himself and his work and he is very detail oriented as you know!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk