Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

dwilson

A-List Customer
Yeah I go back and forth on the Freewheeler's A1 on a nearly daily basis. I really need to remind myself (1) the measurements don't look right for me and (2) an A1 does not fit my style at all.

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
I've got 2 vintage Schott A2ish jackets enroute. We'll see. Got them cheap so low risk. Every once in awhile I see a pic of someone wearing it well and I dream lol. But most times it ain't probably going to crack my rotation. Those higher end ones like Eastman, rmc, etc. Sure do look great though.
I think they look great, but they are crazy impractical with the flat, small pockets. I always grab something else when I run out the door.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
I think they look great, but they are crazy impractical with the flat, small pockets. I always grab something else when I run out the door.
Check out the schott is674 and the various offspring--184 and 174. They have hand warmer slots as well. So you get the look but more function from them. It's probably more G1 than A2, but has elements of both.

My issue is more about the potato sack torso. I think this can be helped with maybe a longer length so the knits stay put around the hips and keep everything stretched. Or maybe I'm wrong and just creating more material to bunch up. I'll soon find out lol.

Reactions: Zoo

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
Check out the schott is674 and the various offspring--184 and 174. They have hand warmer slots as well. So you get the look but more function from them. It's probably more G1 than A2, but has elements of both.

My issue is more about the potato sack torso. I think this can be helped with maybe a longer length so the knits stay put around the hips and keep everything stretched. Or maybe I'm wrong and just creating more material to bunch up. I'll soon find out lol.
I have 3 infact...A vintage civilian A-2 with handwarmer pockets, but that jacket is so short I can hardly get my hands that high :D

Screenshot_20210607_190812.jpg

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
I have 3 infact...A vintage civilian A-2 with handwarmer pockets, but that jacket is so short I can hardly get my hands that high :D

View attachment 340035
nice. good fit in the body, but yeah, you need a couple more inches on the back and sides. Although that looks like a good front drop position.

I always see this ad on here with this pic. If my incoming Schotts fit like this, I'll be pretty happy. Although this guy is entering epic Thedi-esque hair, so I got no chance in hell of that LOL.

il_794xN.3120780279_hwpu.jpg

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
I prefer it when the leather sags over the wrist knit halfway (see left sleeve below). I’m uncomfortable when the knit is at the wrist but the leather stretched entirely back. Overall I prefer them sized 1 up.

Wanted to share this here as it just arrived and I'm honestly floored how cool these trousers are!

They've been listed for quite a while on a Germany-based eBay store that's got like 10 million leather pants and while all the other are like 30-50 Euro's, these were sitting at the top at over 100 EUR for quite a while. I could tell immediately these pants looked better than the rest but the junk photos & even worse, generic description, wasn't telling me much so I figured I'd just take my chance and pulled the trigger.

So this is a perfect example of what I've been saying all along, that there are many more options out there that we don't know about because these are a work of art! Details, construction, leather... Just masterclass piece! Especially leather as it's freaking gorgeous! Full of character all over. Not to mention heavy.

I found out that they're made by a leather shop in Germany called Stark aus Leder and you can check out their work here, if you're interested; https://www.facebook.com/starkausleder
Anyone in love with leather ought to be, though.

Anyway, few photos of these awesome trousers!

20210610-191837.jpg

20210610-191935.jpg

20210610-191852.jpg

20210610-192148.jpg

20210610-191912.jpg

20210610-191917.jpg

20210610-191926.jpg

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Selling my brown FW Mulholland to @Jin431 left a pretty large hole in my collection, but I finally found another one in black in size 34. Can't wait!

View attachment 340509

Congrats man! That is really great news to hear, happy you found the right size Mulholland!

Wanted to share this here as it just arrived and I'm honestly floored how cool these trousers are!

They've been listed for quite a while on a Germany-based eBay store that's got like 10 million leather pants and while all the other are like 30-50 Euro's, these were sitting at the top at over 100 EUR for quite a while. I could tell immediately these pants looked better than the rest but the junk photos & even worse, generic description, wasn't telling me much so I figured I'd just take my chance and pulled the trigger.

So this is a perfect example of what I've been saying all along, that there are many more options out there that we don't know about because these are a work of art! Details, construction, leather... Just masterclass piece! Especially leather as it's freaking gorgeous! Full of character all over. Not to mention heavy.

I found out that they're made by a leather shop in Germany called Stark aus Leder and you can check out their work here, if you're interested; https://www.facebook.com/starkausleder
Anyone in love with leather ought to be, though.

Anyway, few photos of these awesome trousers!

20210610-191837.jpg

20210610-191935.jpg

20210610-191852.jpg

20210610-192148.jpg

20210610-191912.jpg

20210610-191917.jpg

20210610-191926.jpg

Lovely grain!

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Update on one of my favorite topics, "things that went wrong and how they were dealt with":

The Aero Orig. Herc. in black Badalassi arrived last week. A beautiful jacket in a stunning hide, expertly executed by Julie Leitch. Unfortunately it had fit issues, so I had to send it back.
Now, this is a frustrating situation, both for the buyer (me) AND for a small family business. I want to say that not only have I been sorted out promptly and forthcomingly. The jacket is already in production again too, so all I will have lost is 1-2 weeks and some expenses.

Since it has come up a few timed in the last months: It´s NOT about making zero mistakes. We all make them. It´s how you deal with them. Once again - as always in the past - Aero really has proven to be a "no worries" operation highly recommended to everybody who likes their styles.

P.S.: Aero now (test?) stocks YKK zippers. I will have them on the OG Hercules.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto