How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Feb 12, 2017.

1. jpk_NJ

jpk_NJ Practically Family

In my quest for the perfect 42 black CR that fits me how I like, I just pulled the trigger on this one. Im assuming it's going to be too small in hopes that it actually fits! Seller says its black, but Ive also got an odd feeling this one is chocolate brown.
    schott.jpg

2. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead One Too Many

it's going to fit you perfect. I've got same one in 42. Killer jacket. I liked it so much I got a 641xx from Japan in black to match, although that one is a little bit shorter. Will definitely be tshirt only though, but surprising how much give those gussets got. Very comfortable. Pretty much same fit as my Enfield will be for you ;)

Jin431 likes this.
  3. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

I think you’ll need the Flieblings to make it black, but these are great jackets.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  4. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

I got the same model Schott a couple of months ago on the cheap and am surprised how much I like it. Very comfortable mid-weight CR. The only thing missing for me is an internal pocket for my wallet, but that is an issue with many CRs. They took the form-fitting thing seriously back then, not even a wallet could protrude!

5. jpk_NJ

Theres always the "not as described" if it ends up being truly brown / not black, and or doesn't fit! Also have this one on the way, which is definitely Black and I know will fit. I think my June jacket splurge is done until I sell some more of mine.

Attached Files:

Jin431 likes this.
  6. Marc mndt

Marc mndt My Mail is Forwarded Here

Incoming: mystery maker CHP, now fitted with detachable mouton collar made from a vintage old ladies coat.

2BC17615-5A1E-465D-BD4A-2B324D461C8C.jpeg CBC1B862-129E-422E-956F-6603F10F8D76.jpeg 92B43D63-583C-4F8B-B3B2-CA7850279F39.jpeg 8DBA96D7-E053-4C9C-9228-47A0671D1DE3.jpeg

7. Mysteryo

Mysteryo One Too Many

Rings a bell! very nice

8. marker2037

marker2037 A-List Customer

Jin431 and Marc mndt like this.
  9. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman One Too Many

Canuck Panda and Marc mndt like this.
  10. jonbuilder

jonbuilder Call Me a Cab

Marc mndt likes this.
  11. Pandemic

Pandemic Practically Family

Jin431, Canuck Panda and Marc mndt like this.
  12. Pandemic

Pandemic Practically Family

Given that this opens up a wider range of ethical options, what are good furs to use for a mouton jacket collar? Rabbit? Mink?

Jin431 likes this.
  13. Marc mndt

Just go for the fanciest shearling. They come in different qualities. As you can see, the dark brown and honey brown are much nicer than the russet. There's only one catch, sometimes these old coats are dry and brittle and the hide falls apart when you fold it.

B26497F0-836D-4362-B443-834B491E53F2.jpeg 370F6A8B-F6FA-49F2-8803-BEAC89B45931.jpeg

14. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Jin431 and Pandemic like this.
  15. thedebonair

thedebonair Familiar Face

Currently have two Thedis on the way; a hercules in Tambonato brown deerskin and a mackinaw in brown Italian horsehide. Can't wait to receive them.

torfjord, Psant25, Mrfrown and 6 others like this.
  16. jpk_NJ

So it arrived, and yeah, completely chocolate brown. Kind of dissapointed but expected in a way. Just shouldn't have been advertised as a Black jacket. That was the entire reason I bid on it! However, this one is by far the best 70's Perfecto hide Ive ever handled. By a mile. And this is before I condition it. So even back in the glory days of jackets, hides varied greatly from batch to batch..

handymike and Mrfrown like this.
  17. Mrfrown

Mrfrown Practically Family

You going to attempt to make your own blackened brown?

handymike likes this.
  18. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

Just search for “mouton jacket” on ebay and you will find a ton of options. Since mouton was made from sheepskin it is perhaps the most ethical choice and also much less expensive than mink or beaver.
    I think you will be pleasantly surprised by how inexpensive some of these jackets are. Since you are only going to be using sections of the coat for collars it is not a big deal if there is a bit of moth damage or small stains here and there.
    81EBE63F-CCB3-472E-8CBD-F69FB934A155.jpeg
    Here is a shot of the mouton coat I purchased years ago before it went to the tailor to begin its new life. It must’ve belonged to a short stout woman!

19. Marc mndt

Looks great on you hehe. Here's mine lol.

BDBD112F-ECDA-47B6-BA9B-0263DF39A751.jpeg 0971C4CC-3502-4000-B5CB-599B1D58E904.jpeg 000BD803-7823-4A6A-8DE1-49F411ABEA7D.jpeg

20. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up