Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

My CXL HH 1950 HB will arrive on Wednesday, I am positive that I won't purchase any jacket after that, except if I sell my Lost Worlds Suburban or Vanson model b.
giphy.gif

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I got a email from Carrie on Saturday saying that my jacket from Thedi should be shipping out to them this week I ordered this one back in early December and I have been surprisingly patient with the wait this time around, I think I have also bought about six jackets during this time period!

El Marro

Im not sure that qualifies as being patient lol
I suppose you're right. I just know that this is the first time I have placed an order through Thurston Brothers where I have managed to avoid sending passive-aggressive emails, followed by weekly phone calls asking "where is my jacket, why is it taking so long?"
You can see that I set the bar pretty low as far as patience is concerned!

Fonzie

One Too Many
I suppose you're right. I just know that this is the first time I have placed an order through Thurston Brothers where I have managed to avoid sending passive-aggressive emails, followed by weekly phone calls asking "where is my jacket, why is it taking so long?"
You can see that I set the bar pretty low as far as patience is concerned!

You’re doing great, it’s the small wins that count, taking one day at a time.
Getting rid of addiction is a slow process... [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MET

A-List Customer
I got a email from Carrie on Saturday saying that my jacket from Thedi should be shipping out to them this week I ordered this one back in early December and I have been surprisingly patient with the wait this time around, I think I have also bought about six jackets during this time period!
Thanks for letting us know the waiting for Thedi is around 3½ months.

El Marro

Thanks for letting us know the waiting for Thedi is around 3½ months.
No problem MET. I don't know if this is always the case with Thedi, but it seems to be the case with all of my custom jackets so far. Both of my Aero's, as well as my Johnson Leathers jacket, took about 3 1/2 months.

Reactions: MET

Fonzie

One Too Many
Thedi is worth the wait. I have the shawl collar model and it’s an amazing jacket (thanks Handymike).
You won’t be disappointed.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
I got it from Abramsantique, an EBay seller recommended by fellow lounger Thugee, he got a couple of ELMC from him.
He didn’t have my size in Havana Brown when I ordered, so I put a deposit and he ordered from Eastman. Should be here in April. Can’t wait.

@Fonzie would it have been more expensive/difficult if you ordered directly from Eastman? Im curious how an Ebay seller could offer you a better price than the manufacturer on a new jacket..

Fonzie

One Too Many
@Fonzie would it have been more expensive/difficult if you ordered directly from Eastman? Im curious how an Ebay seller could offer you a better price than the manufacturer on a new jacket..

It’s because the Australian custom fees (we get hit hard depending on the delivery carrier chosen by the seller) and the exchange rate at the time with GBP and USD vs. AUD.
I was recommended by a fellow Aussie member here that bought a couple of ELMC’s through this seller and found it more affordable and reliable.
I haven’t received the jacket yet so I still could be wrong and my plan goes to nowhere, fingers crossed I’ll be fine.
I’m not sure how pricing works, but there’s a retail store in Sydney that sells new ELMC products (didn’t have my size though) and the prices are cheaper than in Eastman’s website.
Go figure.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
It’s because the Australian custom fees (we get hit hard depending on the delivery carrier chosen by the seller) and the exchange rate at the time with GBP and USD vs. AUD.
I was recommended by a fellow Aussie member here that bought a couple of ELMC’s through this seller and found it more affordable and reliable.
I haven’t received the jacket yet so I still could be wrong and my plan goes to nowhere, fingers crossed I’ll be fine.
I’m not sure how pricing works, but there’s a retail store in Sydney that sells new ELMC products (didn’t have my size though) and the prices are cheaper than in Eastman’s website.
Go figure.

It's not that uncommon for retailers to discount their prices from the msrp. I assume they do it through volume, but I guess it depends on other factors as well. I regularly see new Eastman jackets on ebay for less than Eastman sells them directly.

ProteinNerd

@Fonzie was that Eastman retailer Blue Man Clothing? They are out of stock and don’t when when they will get more “probably quite a while” was their response.

It’s the only official Eastman supplier listed on the Eastman page and after contacting Gary at Eastman there aren’t any others here currently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points