Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Really interested in your thoughts. That model keeps talking to me big time.
Your more than fit to handle the heavy stuff, so this will be interesting: first time I handled ELC horse I was mighty surprised (disappointed??) how lightweight it is. After A while I couldn’t get it off my back as it’s so very versatile and ages gloriously. Need one back at the stable eventually.
The weight of these ELMC jackets differs between badges. My first Californian was a featherweight. My current ones are much thicker and heavier.

Leather Walker

Practically Family
This beautiful Cal on the way! Very worn. I like the lightbrown sewing. Talon zippers on cuffs and pockets, the main one was replaced at some point with a brass YKK. I can't wait to receive it!
IMG-20210920-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20210920-WA0008.jpg

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
This beautiful Cal on the way! Very worn. I like the lightbrown sewing. Talon zippers on cuffs and pockets, the main one was replaced at some point with a brass YKK. I can't wait to receive it!
View attachment 363247 View attachment 363248
fantastic. please post pics when you get. I'm doing something with Greg next year. Going to be a padded cross zip of some sort. Trying to get a sense of the various patterns, especially on the back.

Gwen from Cal Leathers told me they can do the padding 3 ways. The usual puffed out, one with the pattern but the puffiness on the inside so it's more flush, or completely hidden underneath.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Where do you find the padded X-zips? I must be searching all wrong. Great find. Beautiful jacket.

i was wondering the same and eventually gave up on waiting for a jacket my size to come around lol

fantastic. please post pics when you get. I'm doing something with Greg next year. Going to be a padded cross zip of some sort. Trying to get a sense of the various patterns, especially on the back.

I asked for the same request before I had my JL padded CHP commissioned lol Greg is making another cross zip for me by November so thinking of what I really want out of that project as well

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
I asked for the same request before I had my JL padded CHP commissioned lol Greg is making another cross zip for me by November so thinking of what I really want out of that project as well
Nice. I got about a year as I just signed up a couple weeks ago. Although hoping now that his shop is set up, he'll start cranking them out. I'll probably change my mind 10 times before then LOL, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up with some kind of Buco inspired j82/j24L, throw in some Cal and Togs, and come up with a masterpiece :cool:

My Thedi racer has the padding and at first I was kind of on the fence about it. But now I really like it. I got so many cross zips now and even D pocket cross zips that if I do another, it's going to have to be something unique. In an odd way, even though it's clearly made for moto riding, there's a certain elegance to it that makes it high end fashion.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Nice. I got about a year as I just signed up a couple weeks ago. Although hoping now that his shop is set up, he'll start cranking them out. I'll probably change my mind 10 times before then LOL, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up with some kind of Buco inspired j82/j24L, throw in some Cal and Togs, and come up with a masterpiece :cool:

My Thedi racer has the padding and at first I was kind of on the fence about it. But now I really like it. I got so many cross zips now and even D pocket cross zips that if I do another, it's going to have to be something unique. In an odd way, even though it's clearly made for moto riding, there's a certain elegance to it that makes it high end fashion.
That's really another way of looking at it and hopefully it doesn't take that long to complete lol that will be a cool project with the details of those jackets all rolled into one and it certainly will be a one of a kind piece. advanced congratulations brother.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Just got a second round of higher res pics, the hide looks incredible:

jvn6gHm.jpg

H0EnCSV.jpg

xjPxExV.jpg

pNVFcwE.jpg

It made it to the website in the end...

"Buco J24 in Customer-Supplied 5.0+ Oz. Dark Gray Finnish Moosehide Tanned To Order..
A One-Of-A-Kind Lost Worlds Jacket.
"

Edit: I spoke to Stuart, apparently the stud work alone took an entire day to complete. He says the sponginess and thickness of the hide made the operation very technical compared to working on the usual horse hide.

Last edited:

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab

jvn6gHm.jpg

H0EnCSV.jpg

xjPxExV.jpg

pNVFcwE.jpg

"Buco J24 in Customer-Supplied 5.0+ Oz. Dark Gray Finnish Moosehide Tanned To Order..
"
This one looks fantastic with all the studs and the thick+heavy moosehide. Must be a tank of a jacket and my favorite one of your massive collection. I'm looking forward to your fit pics soon. Is it vegetable or chrome tanned moosehide and natural or printed grain?

BlueSteel

One of the Regulars
Last edited:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
This one looks fantastic with all the studs and the thick+heavy moosehide. Must be a tank of a jacket and my favorite one of your massive collection. I'm looking forward to your fit pics soon. Is it vegetable or chrome tanned moosehide and natural or printed grain?

Thanks Robbie, the hide is chrome tanned (good luck getting Stu to use anything veg tanned!), natural grain.

This is where it came from:

https://www.kokkolan.com/

Mysteryo

One Too Many
WoW! Man, it's so beautifull, I wouldn't dare to wear it!
The hide looks really thick!
When do you receive this work of art?

jvn6gHm.jpg

H0EnCSV.jpg

xjPxExV.jpg

pNVFcwE.jpg

"

Edit: I spoke to Stuart, apparently the stud work alone took an entire day to complete. He says the sponginess and thickness of the hide made the operation very technical compared to working on the usual horse hide.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
WoW! Man, it's so beautifull, I wouldn't dare to wear it!
The hide looks really thick!
When do you receive this work of art?

Thanks, it does indeed look very VERY thick, i can't wait... I have worn moose hide before and it is super nice to wear, same stretch and comfort as deer but thicker and heavier.

Well, this work of art is actually part of a new pair of jackets, i am also having a Leathertogs A made in the same hide.
The LT/A is "currently in the works", as soon as they are both done they will be shipped, probably in a week or two.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here

jvn6gHm.jpg

H0EnCSV.jpg

xjPxExV.jpg

pNVFcwE.jpg

"

jvn6gHm.jpg

H0EnCSV.jpg

xjPxExV.jpg

pNVFcwE.jpg

"

Awesome. Too much bling bling for my taste, but the rest is insane.
From this hide a cafe racer… *dreaming*

navetsea

I'll Lock Up

jvn6gHm.jpg

H0EnCSV.jpg

xjPxExV.jpg

pNVFcwE.jpg

"

wow it is really look thick, congrats.

maan that 2 studs near the tip of the belt will you be able to not get annoyed by them to slide in and out the buckle everytime, especially since it is a narrow garrison buckle, if the buckle is C shaped or wider rectangular or more oval it might be a lot easier to navigate through

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot