Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
That may be your best one yet. Incredible.

I noticed no crown main zip?

I hesitated a lot, but with this leather i didn't feel like i "had to".
With the thick HH i feel like the Crown is a safer bet of never having zipper failure. With the moose i think a more traditional zipper would be enough.
I already have so many Crowns, i thought i would try something else.
I hope i don't regret that decision when i get the jacket...

With the thick HH i feel like the Crown is a safer bet of never having zipper failure. With the moose i think a more traditional zipper would be enough.

The large Talons are really good too. I’m guessing it’s a Talon. Incredible jacket. His J-24 is a perfect choice for the hide. I look forward to more pictures.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I just received these pics from Stu, i am in awe, she is an absolute beauty!
The hide is a custom batch of anthracite grey moose hide from Finland, 2.2mm thick. Unfortunately this hide is never going to be available as standard. I cannot wait to handle this beast and see it for real, she looks amazing!

zUP56W7.jpg

sjxCs5E.jpg

noa7SWY.jpg

There are no words for this one! Off every chart. Mike-drop. End-game. And one-of a kind! :)

Can't wait to see the full review, fit photos, etc...

Just picked up this vintage model e for a great deal.
First Vanson from the 80s, i look forward to seeing what it is like.

wpUTXTv.jpg

7Mgedip.jpg

That tag was short lived. Few years only, late 70s to 81 or something. I look forward to your pics. I have an early 80s C with US flag on the label, talon zips throughout and the rivets on the loops. Would like to compare with yours. Mine does not have a serial number. Love it and won’t ever sell it.
0733D2D7-0165-4611-857E-93E5F11B4685.jpeg
D0C1CD03-3348-46EF-B390-EAB0994E83C1.jpeg
CE0C6E14-FDFB-432F-BAAD-2B78F0A6AA2B.jpeg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I just received these pics from Stu, i am in awe, she is an absolute beauty!
The hide is a custom batch of anthracite grey moose hide from Finland, 2.2mm thick. Unfortunately this hide is never going to be available as standard. I cannot wait to handle this beast and see it for real, she looks amazing!

zUP56W7.jpg

sjxCs5E.jpg

noa7SWY.jpg
woah full on regalia with the blings, congrats!!!
the thickness of the collar and lapel looks yummy indeed

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think you made a good decision with the zip. A brass spring-loaded crown might clash and take attention away from the great spot work

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Definitely. Same here. I am hoping for a Chinese 5Star with Western tanneries level leather. Fingers crossed. So far it doesn't seem like a scam. Still waiting for tracking number from this seller.

I was inspired to also reach out to this seller. While waiting for them to get back to me with a price quote I found the same jacket on AliExpress.

It was a lot cheaper on AliExpress than the price I was eventually quoted by reb_bel so I ended up ordering it from AliExpress instead. I have no idea why there is a price difference or if the same company is behind the IG account and the AliExpress shop or if I was scammed by someone using another shops pictures. Guess I’ll know in a couple of weeks.

upload_2021-9-20_8-49-14.png

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I was inspired to also reach out to this seller. While waiting for them to get back to me with a price quote I found the same jacket on AliExpress.

It was a lot cheaper on AliExpress than the price I was eventually quoted by reb_bel so I ended up ordering it from AliExpress instead. I have no idea why there is a price difference or if the same company is behind the IG account and the AliExpress shop or if I was scammed by someone using another shops pictures. Guess I’ll know in a couple of weeks.

View attachment 362851
Such a cool jacket. Looking forward to your review.

Some time ago I ordered a Thedi inspired type II from AliExpress. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of material and construction. The issue though was sizing / proportions, and color. I received a different color than ordered, different size too. But that was ok, apart from short sleeves the jacket was perfectly wearable. What ruined it was the huge neckhole. Totally out of proportion.

33C4E06C-098F-47DD-A1C6-5CA7E4F74E08.jpeg

torfjord

Call Me a Cab

Some time ago I ordered a Thedi inspired type II from AliExpress. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of material and construction. The issue though was sizing / proportions, and color. I received a different color than ordered, different size too. But that was ok, apart from short sleeves the jacket was perfectly wearable. What ruined it was the huge neckhole. Totally out of proportion.

View attachment 362862

I'll post my thoughts once I have received it. Hoping mine has a normal neckhole and no other super weird issues either. Too bad, because it looks like a nice jacket otherwise.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 362851
That is also a Cidu jacket I believe. And Aliexpress would cost quite a bit less than Rebel.
After ordering my jacket from Rebel, I went deeper into the world of Aliexpress and Taobao, unsure how everything will turn out. There is always the risk of product not matching the photo...etc. And the shipping takes forever. But I will post the results here in the lounge.

View attachment 362862

What's the brand tag on that jacket?

These copies are rushed out of the factory before getting the pattern right. The Taobao customers are paying less than what we would pay for H&M for these products. But the low prices and the photos lured me in. It's like buying lottery tickets, I know I will never win, but sometimes I still buy one just for fun.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
That is also a Cidu jacket I believe. And Aliexpress would cost quite a bit less than Rebel.
After ordering my jacket from Rebel, I went deeper into the world of Aliexpress and Taobao, unsure how everything will turn out. There is always the risk of product not matching the photo...etc. And the shipping takes forever. But I will post the results here in the lounge.

What's the brand tag on that jacket?

These copies are rushed out of the factory before getting the pattern right. The Taobao customers are paying less than what we would pay for H&M for these products. But the low prices and the photos lured me in. It's like buying lottery tickets, I know I will never win, but sometimes I still buy one just for fun.

Yep, that is a Cidu jacket. I really don’t understand why the same jacket would cost 1/4 on AliExpress but I’m not complaining (yet).
I’m looking forward to hearing your impressions of your jacket from reb_bel. I really like some of the stuff they’ve posted.

Leigh H

Practically Family

View attachment 362851

So i have this jacket, in a darker leather. I bought it from Taobao (The chinese online shopping platform) out of curiosity because it looked great and it was so cheap. Overal the jacket is not bad, you get what you pay for. Fit its a little tight in the arms and the leather is stiff as hell and has a cheap leather smell (which it is). But you can't complain for the price.

Don't buy anything from reb_bel he just orders the jackets from Taobao and then doubles the price.

IhbrQde.jpg

I haven't shared any pics wearing it yet.

So i have this jacket, in a darker leather. I bought it from Taobao (The chinese online shopping platform) out of curiosity because it looked great and it was so cheap. Overal the jacket is not bad, you get what you pay for. Fit its a little tight in the arms and the leather is stiff as hell and has a cheap leather smell (which it is). But you can't complain for the price.

Don't buy anything from reb_bel he just orders the jackets from Taobao and then doubles the price.

IhbrQde.jpg

I haven't shared any pics wearing it yet.
Please do share a pic. I’ve waffles on these. I had one Cidu jacket but the leather was super flimsy and smelled like a petroleum refinery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB