How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Monitor

Monitor

It may not be a lifestyle one ought to live, though. We've all seen what fringes lead to and once you take that road, we're talking walking on the fringe of sanity here.

[​IMG]

jonbuilder, Jin431, JMax and 7 others like this.
  2. Mrfrown

Mrfrown Practically Family

Hmm I dug around in the pockets and can’t find it

3. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Mine is stitched into the leather facing in the right-hand handwarmer pocket.

Mrfrown likes this.
  4. Gamma68

Gamma68 One Too Many

All this talk about fringed jackets only serves as inspiration for me to wear my fringed suede Schott. ;)

Carlos840 and Mrfrown like this.
  5. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

I hate to say it but I told you so!
    Easy for me to say though, I have never grappled with a fringed jacket and I’m not sure that I would’ve handled it any different myself.

6. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

Good to see you back here man!
    I don’t know if I’ve just been missing your posts here and there but it seems like we haven’t seen you in a good long while.

Bfd70 and Gamma68 like this.
  7. Gamma68

Gamma68 One Too Many

Thanks! I’ve been in and out. Now that fall weather is here (and I can wear leather jackets more often) I’ll likely be posting more.

tmitchell59 and El Marro like this.
  8. TheOldFashioned

TheOldFashioned One Too Many

USPS raised their prices at the beginning of the month effective through Christmas due to increased volume for the holidays. A week or two later they also announced that delivery would be slower by 1-3 days due to cutbacks. So the only thing crazy is that you're paying more for crappier service.

Mandarin, Yamahana and JMax like this.
  9. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

I was packing another eBay sale today and looking at the FedEx prices— same, but now with a message to expect crappy service and delays. I went with UPS while I still can.

10. himelator

himelator Vendor

Well as I am one person, writing up little things here and there and assembling a website, it would be next to impossible for me to achieve complete clarity and consistency...I remember some freakout in the past regarding full grain and top grain....I used to read tanning books pre 20 century....there is rarely absolutely consistent description of any tanning process, as like trying to standardize wine making descriptions, a vineyard would have one unique description of each vintage and each year....there is faith involved in leather descriptions....I spend a whack of time in my tanneries, small producers doing it ethically and environmentally sound practice from as regular supply chains as they can manage trying to produce consistent products in an inconsistent world. So my customers have faith in my descriptions, experience and videos, blogs, social media.....i generate quite a lot of information for one guy trying to make a living making a couple hundred jackets custom and now other stuff...either you are on board or not I suppose, 99 % of my customers are not just happy they are ecstatic. The trolls will troll, either because they have a different tribe, don't want to spend the money or work for another brand....I never in ten years get hate mail, I have had five fingers worth of unhappy in ten years....that is a mark of success. Regarding new styles, I have a hard time keeping up with the old ones....nevermind the unwarranted few that seem to imagine themselves designers or historians writing critiques of the current lineup. That being said, I have multiple projects underway to attempt to get my message and my brand growing and changing so just pay attention to my personal and business social media and the message will form organically as they say....ramble done

11. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 I'll Lock Up

Laying around feeling puny today, bought a Black Suede Trucker size 44 on ebay. I've seen others in black suede but never the right opportunity to get one.

The smooth leather collar is the Icing on the Cake. Under $100 shipped and taxed.

I'm thinking this is going to be very nice in fit and finish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

navetsea, ton312, Gamma68 and 13 others like this.
  12. jonbuilder

jonbuilder My Mail is Forwarded Here

Lets see it

Gamma68 likes this.
  13. Leigh H

Leigh H One of the Regulars

Jin431, ton312, marker2037 and 5 others like this.
  14. jonbuilder

jonbuilder My Mail is Forwarded Here

I have purchased two of your jackets here on TFL classifies and happy with both in fact feel stupid for selling the Kensington. Keep up the creative work

himelator likes this.
  15. Leigh H

Leigh H One of the Regulars

I've just bought a vintage N1 deck jacket, fingers crossed its a good fit. I'll share fit pics when it arrives.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Mrfrown

Mrfrown Practically Family

Yeah I really like this one - my worry is about fit. The Shangri-La jackets all seem like they'd be too long for me based on their listed measurements.

I also like the look of their wool Varenne a lot.

Leigh H likes this.
  17. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

G1 inbound. Not sure I’ll dig it. I just moved on a very nice A2. I broke my rule of not buying jackets that look good in the mirror but are not fit right for living in. I really want to be an A2 guy but can’t find enough mobility in them. I’ve read that it’s a matter of finding the right pattern and size for your body. Again too bad there isn’t a local fine leather superstore.

El Marro, Psant25, Cornelius and 3 others like this.
  18. ojaw

ojaw Familiar Face

“Local Fine Leather Superstore”
    the dream

Cornelius and Bfd70 like this.
  19. Cornelius

Cornelius Practically Family

It is a bit odd, given Chicago's history of tanneries, quality leather jacket labels (e.g., Sears, Spiegel), inclement weather, railroad & steel mill culture, proximity to the home of Harley Davidson [Milwaukee, Wisconsin, just 90 miles / 145 km straight north] - and signiificant number of TFL members! - that there's not one store even remotely like Thurston Brothers here. To say nothing of a shop like Desperation Row!

tmitchell59 likes this.
  20. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

We had a Schott and they closed. Mild blend is good. Chicago in general dresses poorly.

El Marro, Cornelius and ton312 like this.