Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

TLW '90

Practically Family
It is alway a great feeling when you find a vintage jacket in your size. I look for made in USA Jackets when I do a Jacket Search.
It's like my Hobby.
Best
Peter
That's the biggest draw of vintage for me, I like American made things.

I just couldn't pass on this one, I love the style and those sorta hidden hand pockets are a feature I've always thought was cool.
The position is great too, as far as quality goes theres nothing inherently wrong with my $65 flannel lined wranglers jacket that's made in Bangladesh but the hand pockets are too far out to the sides.

It's not a terrible looking jacket by any means

But look at the back of this vintage " trucker "

Now that's a good looking denim jacket.

Last edited:

Flying Monkey

New in Town
Virtually identical pattern jacket as your checkered lined Wrangler above is made by Lee. (Not positive, but I think Lee invented that pattern). New Lee stuff made...god knows where, older stuff US made. I'm considering buying a new, unlined Wrangler jacket similar to yours. Apparently the Bangladesh ones actually get pretty good reviews. Also eyeing a Schaefer Outfitters unlined Legend denim jacket as well, made in Texas. Of course they're sold out at the moment.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Knopf Just came in from the mid 40s. Beautiful finished goathide with 40 size tag. Doesn't fit me, will be looking for a new owner.

For those keeping score, this Knopf label goes back to the mid 40s.

upload_2022-1-3_15-21-29.jpeg

upload_2022-1-3_15-22-9.jpeg

upload_2022-1-3_15-22-49.jpeg

upload_2022-1-3_15-23-14.jpeg

I sent the seller an offer this morning and when I return from walking the dog he had sent offers to buy at my offer price to all watchers. I was 1st to accept
Looks like I will be hunting for some bars to replace the missing ones View attachment 392931
View attachment 392930 .

Well done. The S2S won’t work for me, or else I would have bought that puppy last year. Beautiful. I look forward to your thoughts on it. The hide reminds me of one of my Hercs. Really good looking in person and so easy to wear. So similar that I wonder if Blatt not only made jackets for HD, but also for Sears.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I sent the seller an offer this morning and when I return from walking the dog he had sent offers to buy at my offer price to all watchers. I was 1st to accept
Looks like I will be hunting for some bars to replace the missing ones View attachment 392931
View attachment 392930 .

This jacket has many curious admires. The wool lining just says late 40s, a real sweat spot. Condition looks excellent. Look forward to your report.

Well done. The S2S won’t work for me, or else I would have bought that puppy last year. Beautiful. I look forward to your thoughts on it. The hide reminds me of one of my Hercs. Really good looking in person and so easy to wear. So similar that I wonder if Blatt not only made jackets for HD, but also for Sears.

I have seen very few Blatt jackets through the years, I began to think they were only a label. This may be the only MC style with their name? I'm loosing track, but I have never seen many Blatt jackets. Not sure what to make out of that. Would they have the capacity to make for HD or Sears? HD products were very well marketed and well sold. I question some of the quality. Different suppliers is my answer. The few Blatt jackets I have seen have been rather work man like, sorta like All Weather in California. They appeared very sturdy, heavy, quality leathers. Just so few to think they were a huge concern.

This Blatt, in hand, will yield more information. I note the rivets on the belt loops are of interest to me. I've seen this on early Hercules, but need a better look to compare.

Another Puzzle to work on.

I've forgotten; why do we believe that Blatt was a Maker and not a label?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran