Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

moktabe

One of the Regulars
Can you post some better shots of that leather. I’m thinking about battered seal if I return the above HB and go custom. I haven’t seen much of it in the wild.

Only phone pics I'm afraid.

Although I suppose the clue is in the 'Battered" part of the name it looks quite old and worn in straight out of the box.
6096D591-CC1D-4FF5-88E2-A5B234D5E11A.jpeg
B1253071-3D80-475D-92FC-F56A355BAB2B.jpeg
73E42FE6-D968-42EB-8999-CC20C92F75A1.jpeg

moktabe

One of the Regulars
WOW!!!! Gorgeous! You may have made my decision for me before I even get my hands on the fit jacket. That is a beautiful hide. Surprised we don't see more of it. How does it compare with vicenza? I know it's lighter than cxl....
I couldn't say as never handled vicenza. Very impressed with this leather though and yes, much lighter weight than CXL.

Edward

Bartender
Seabiscuit...Seabiscuit!!!!

Oh, hells to the yeah. I currently have a long list of about a dozen Aeros I "need", but the very pinnacle of my wishlist is a triumverate of a seal goat Seabiscuit, a black goat Rockefella, and a black goat Wilderness.

WOW!!!! Gorgeous! You may have made my decision for me before I even get my hands on the fit jacket. That is a beautiful hide. Surprised we don't see more of it. How does it compare with vicenza? I know it's lighter than cxl....

I couldn't say as never handled vicenza. Very impressed with this leather though and yes, much lighter weight than CXL.

I've not owned a Vicenza. I did, however, try on a halfbelt in it at the factory a few years ago. Very nice. Similar thickness to the CXL FQHH, but softer right off the blocks. Similar drape and hand to the mid-weight steer. Plenty solid - not something you'd have to work to break in, but equally not something you'd feel worried about leaning against a wall wearing. Definitely worth considering, assuming you don't mind the small upcharge. The other big difference from CXL was that it was a much more uniform colour all over, though I don't know if that would change with break in, or if it's like goat and stays fairly even with time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko