Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Manolito

Familiar Face
Schott 618HH on the way !

618.JPG

618HH.gif
618HH.gif

Goel

A-List Customer
I've been looking at getting a wool jacket, but my experience with vintage pieces hasn't been the greatest (nice quality, they just don't fit well/too restrictive). Going through the mackinaw thread had me looking at those designs, Buzz Rickson and some other repro makers have done a lot of them and Private White VC had a really nice wool(-lined) jeep jacket. I ended up pre ordering a weathewool peacoat because it really is the nicest wool I've ever felt. But now I'm looking at some vintage pieces again, or maybe a BR 4 pocket peacoat that's 36oz melton.

ojaw

A-List Customer
I've been looking at getting a wool jacket, but my experience with vintage pieces hasn't been the greatest (nice quality, they just don't fit well/too restrictive). Going through the mackinaw thread had me looking at those designs, Buzz Rickson and some other repro makers have done a lot of them and Private White VC had a really nice wool(-lined) jeep jacket. I ended up pre ordering a weathewool peacoat because it really is the nicest wool I've ever felt. But now I'm looking at some vintage pieces again, or maybe a BR 4 pocket peacoat that's 36oz melton.
Might be a little different than the look you’re going for but there are still great deals to be had on NOS Swedish M39 jackets. I paid around $40 CAD for mine, though I also had to buy buttons because the factory back in ‘42 hadn’t gotten around to them yet.

The western 2.0 was a bust. Massive jacket. Think David Byrne in plaid. Seller is awesome and insisted on a return.
Two others have entered. Another cowboy will ride into Ravenswood before March.

This one just feels a size too big. Size 44” but fits like a 46”-48”.
Looks the part though and the condition is flawless. As new.
285E709E-A901-47E0-B77E-F5B6B38BB683.jpeg
BFE6CD7F-E511-4CF1-9739-A5DBDE6F4CB6.jpeg
130D40C5-2D62-4661-AE3E-FB0834A435D6.jpeg

I do really like these coats.

Last edited:

Observe

One Too Many
The western 2.0 was a bust. Massive jacket. Think David Byrne in plaid. Seller is awesome and insisted on a return.

View attachment 490510 View attachment 490511 View attachment 490512
What are the measurements for this jacket?

What are the measurements for this jacket?
24.5” pit
20” shoulder
25.25” Sleeve
29” back
It’s a real stunner man! I couldn’t be more bummed. One size down and this is the one.
For me I need these in a 40”-42”. 44” is just that little bit too much.

Observe

One Too Many
24.5” pit
20” shoulder
25.25” Sleeve
29” back
It’s a real stunner man! I couldn’t be more bummed. One size down and this is the one.
For me I need these in a 40”-42”. 44” is just that little bit too much.
24.5 p2p is too large for me as well, otherwise I'd be interested. Do you mind giving me a search term for ebay? I've liked a similar one from Mister Freedom for a couple years now but the price is too high.

24.5 p2p is too large for me as well, otherwise I'd be interested. Do you mind giving me a search term for ebay? I've liked a similar one from Mister Freedom for a couple years now but the price is too high.
Agreed! The mister freedom jacket is superb but just entirely too expensive (and frankly not as cool). Shadow plaid western is my saved search. Brings up lots of unwanted results. I gather these jackets are a bit scarce.

ojaw

A-List Customer
Agreed! The mister freedom jacket is superb but just entirely too expensive (and frankly not as cool). Shadow plaid western is my saved search. Brings up lots of unwanted results. I gather these jackets are a bit scarce.
Would ombre help or hinder the search?

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here

View attachment 490510 View attachment 490511 View attachment 490512

Honestly, looking at it, it is not such a bad fit. Sure it looks a bit too big but you still pull it off from what I can see in these pics. I would spend a bit more time with it to see if I can settle with it before selling it. What do you think?

Daniel Veit

One of the Regulars
It reminds me of my 40s Albert Richard

View attachment 491100 View attachment 491102 View attachment 491101

What's wrong with it? Looks great to me.
Hey Marc,
I am specifying my Field halfbelt (based on his Idaho) at the moment.
I came across your jacket in the classifieds ans was immediatly drawn to it.
Especially the pocket configuation is very appealing to me as is the very balanced back.

Would you mind to provide the exact measurements of the back? (upper backpanel, belt, kidney panel)

Also it seems that sidepanel is flared out, so that the back appears to be trim. I like that a lot, could you measure the width of the sidepanel? (top, middle, bottom)

Last thing: the length of the slash pockets and the breast Pocket, as the ratio seems ideal to me.

Your jacket to me is the epitome of a halfbelt to me, really gorgeous.

Cheers Daniel

PS: Is it horsehide?

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Hey Marc,
I am specifying my Field halfbelt (based on his Idaho) at the moment.
I came across your jacket in the classifieds ans was immediatly drawn to it.
Especially the pocket configuation is very appealing to me as is the very balanced back.

Would you mind to provide the exact measurements of the back? (upper backpanel, belt, kidney panel)

Also it seems that sidepanel is flared out, so that the back appears to be trim. I like that a lot, could you measure the width of the sidepanel? (top, middle, bottom)

Last thing: the length of the slash pockets and the breast Pocket, as the ratio seems ideal to me.

Your jacket to me is the epitome of a halfbelt to me, really gorgeous.

Cheers Daniel

PS: Is it horsehide?
Which jacket are we talking about, the ELMC Californian I've listed in the classifieds or the horsehide Albert Richard I posted above? ^^

hieu

A-List Customer
What's wrong with it? Looks great to me.
Maybe I'm picky but there are a lot of flaky bits around the shoulders that may be cracking leather (doesn't show up super clearly in the photos). Also I've been conditioning it with Lexol + Urad so it definitely looks better now than when I got it.

I was also thinking 40s/50s due to the arm fasteners. I haven't really seen those on later jackets.

Honestly, looking at it, it is not such a bad fit. Sure it looks a bit too big but you still pull it off from what I can see in these pics. I would spend a bit more time with it to see if I can settle with it before selling it. What do you think?
Nah it was entirely too big. It’s back with the seller now, refunded. Which is OK. Something else has presented itself. Something really special!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana