Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Westride "Hercules" in goatskin and Jelado zipped A1 with the jacquard knits. The Westride Herc was a good deal (I think) at ¥35,000 ($260). Goatskin last forever. If anyone has the Johnson Leather Herc please post a few photos in the Johnson thread, and I am most interested about the torso pattern on the Johnson Herc jacket. What is the chest to waist to hem? The Japanese jackets usually runs on the slim straight so the chest is only 1" to 3" up from hem with a nip tuck at the waist. This Westride one is supposedly made in Niigata but the pattern has a 5" to 6" drop, very unusual for a Japanese jacket. From the timing and era I am assuming the original Herc has only a 2" drop from chest to hem like the A2 flight jackets, and much shorter than all these repros, which is really the L size of the original I think.
View attachment 495414 View attachment 495415
View attachment 495416

Westride "Hercules" in goatskin and Jelado zipped A1 with the jacquard knits. The Westride Herc was a good deal (I think) at ¥35,000 ($260). Goatskin last forever. If anyone has the Johnson Leather Herc please post a few photos in the Johnson thread, and I am most interested about the torso pattern on the Johnson Herc jacket. What is the chest to waist to hem? The Japanese jackets usually runs on the slim straight so the chest is only 1" to 3" up from hem with a nip tuck at the waist. This Westride one is supposedly made in Niigata but the pattern has a 5" to 6" drop, very unusual for a Japanese jacket. From the timing and era I am assuming the original Herc has only a 2" drop from chest to hem like the A2 flight jackets, and much shorter than all these repros, which is really the L size of the original I think.
View attachment 495414 View attachment 495415
View attachment 495416
I replied in the Johnson thread. Interesting so many duplicate this jacket, I find the pattern awkward. I think that is why it gets tweaked. It was a first in many ways and a transition from the older style of jackets. They kept it alive for several years, other styles were quickly added.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
The square dance partner to my other western wool arrived. Perfect fit aside from the length. I’ll have my tailor subtract 1.5-2” from the body and alaman left my way right out of this latest diversion from leather.
View attachment 495531 View attachment 495532
Boots would be required at the original length, hat remains an option.

Have you ever done/considered leather inserts, combo jacket using this as a base or any wool.?

IrishStu

One of the Regulars
Aero A2 in brown kelpie with rust knits on the way. This is definitely my last jacket......................
IMG_20230307_162107.jpg

Aero A2 in brown kelpie with rust knits on the way. This is definitely my last jacket......................
View attachment 495706
You uttered the words that all but assure you will buy at minimum 15 additional jackets. Never go full "this is my last jacket" Everybody knows that. Look at me, I went full "this is my last jacket....." probably 300 pages ago.

IrishStu

One of the Regulars
You uttered the words that all but assure you will buy at minimum 15 additional jackets. Never go full "this is my last jacket" Everybody knows that. Look at me, I went full "this is my last jacket....." probably 300 pages ago.
I have too many jackets already, all different types and I like 90% of them. My problem is that every time I go to thin the herd, I get that nice memory of why I purchased that particular jacket. The A2 hasn't even arrived and I'm on the lookout for a waxed summer jacket to cope with the Irish summers. I blame this forum, so many nice jackets

travelling evangelist vibe in this, i dont mean it in a bad way, just there is some strong righteousness feel to it maybe the very structured pointy yoke and its color
Nav, I think you are right. I was playing with how much to chop off the hem when the light of the Lord shined down upon me.
40FC09AB-6475-4B0B-A70E-9E869565EE4F.jpeg

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides
By the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men
Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will
Shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness…
LOL. Church of the Latter Day Wool.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Nav, I think you are right. I was playing with how much to chop off the hem when the light of the Lord shined down upon me.
View attachment 495851
Those clips work fine.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 495851
:D

but the length is more workable and less evangelist into a more modern cool cultist charm with the clips

MichaelRhB

One of the Regulars
Screwed again by Gibson & Barnes. No email or call by 1600 Pacific Time so I called to get the tracking number.

After being put on hold twice, Rodrigo tells me he doesn't know why my jacket wasn't shipped. Promises to email me when he finds out.

20 minutes later I receive the email telling me my jacket is being 'inspected' before packing and shipping. He says it will ship next week. No day given.

So for the recap:

1. Jacket ordered on 24JAN. Was told it will ship in 3-4 weeks. Great! I think.

2. End of the third week, I call to see how production is coming along. I'm told my order was not even submitted. Haven't even started on production. I almost cancelled the order right then.

3. Told my jacket would be priority and will ship in three more weeks. Email received says it will ship by second week of March.

4. Now shipping third week of March if they don't screw this up again.

I'm a patient man when I'm told the truth. If they had said in the beginning it was going to be 8 weeks, I would have said fine, make me a jacket. But don't lie to me and string me along because your company is incompetent and the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

There will be no more orders for anything G&B makes.

ojaw

A-List Customer
Screwed again by Gibson & Barnes. No email or call by 1600 Pacific Time so I called to get the tracking number.

After being put on hold twice, Rodrigo tells me he doesn't know why my jacket wasn't shipped. Promises to email me when he finds out.

20 minutes later I receive the email telling me my jacket is being 'inspected' before packing and shipping. He says it will ship next week. No day given.

So for the recap:

1. Jacket ordered on 24JAN. Was told it will ship in 3-4 weeks. Great! I think.

2. End of the third week, I call to see how production is coming along. I'm told my order was not even submitted. Haven't even started on production. I almost cancelled the order right then.

3. Told my jacket would be priority and will ship in three more weeks. Email received says it will ship by second week of March.

4. Now shipping third week of March if they don't screw this up again.

I'm a patient man when I'm told the truth. If they had said in the beginning it was going to be 8 weeks, I would have said fine, make me a jacket. But don't lie to me and string me along because your company is incompetent and the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

There will be no more orders for anything G&B makes.
I waited about a year for my custom (not G & B).
Ended up selling it because it didn’t fit as well as my otr jackets…

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I jumped ship into unknown waters. Hope I did OK. Real McCoys full size 44. Never been in the new denim world. Never thought I would do it. I have no idea about these jackets. I've got old ones, but not new like this and expensive.

I love this style. It seemed reasonable to begin with free shipping too, he had offer on it too, the he made me an offer lower than I thought of making the seller. So it is in the mail. $255 delivered.

1678517483733.png
1678517725334.png

IrishStu

One of the Regulars
I jumped ship into unknown waters. Hope I did OK. Real McCoys full size 44. Never been in the new denim world. Never thought I would do it. I have no idea about these jackets. I've got old ones, but not new like this and expensive.

I love this style. It seemed reasonable to begin with free shipping too, he had offer on it too, the he made me an offer lower than I thought of making the seller. So it is in the mail. $255 delivered.

View attachment 496744 View attachment 496746
Don't know anything about denim but that looks nice. Good colour and a couple of cool design tweaks like the vertical pleats.

mvilla

A-List Customer
Just got a new (to me) Aero 1930 HB from a forum fellow! Coming back to UK from US.
I'm thinking about grabbing a cheap A2 by cooper from Vinted as well... Then I realise I don't really need a new jacket, but I want it. WTH?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran