Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Just wow... Really hope it works out!

Yeah it should be ready in about a month. I'm excited to say the least.

Wow! 1941-42 model, that’s the one we think might be an Albert-Richard. Sweet!

How could you tell so quickly?! That's impressive!

That jacket is damn nice Jake. Do you have any photos of the bottom hem?

Thanks! I can barely contain myself

Wow! Some of the best strips of leather I've seen.....

I was impressed by the leather. I hope the repairs go well.

AHP91

Practically Family
I bought this trashed police jacket. If anyone recognizes make, let me know. Came from a seller on the West Coast.
Picture 1 of 13

Picture 7 of 13

Picture 11 of 13

Picture 9 of 13

Yeah it should be ready in about a month. I'm excited to say the least.

How could you tell so quickly?! That's impressive!

Thanks! I can barely contain myself

I was impressed by the leather. I hope the repairs go well.
The liner! 1941 & 42 had "fleeced cotton" instead of the plaid or Navy Blue used in the Roughwear jackets.

Bluechel

Practically Family
Leather looks good, lots of stitching would need to be done. Thought it was worth a look for cheap
I think you and I are both "big" guy size? (I'm a 48-52 range), but was this a smaller one you just wanted to see?

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
The liner! 1941 & 42 had "fleeced cotton" instead of the plaid or Navy Blue used in the Roughwear jackets.
Ah, ok. Great to know, thanks! I wasn't sure if the jacket had been re-lined or not already. It's already had some repairs done. I'll obviously update with more info as the repairs are done and when I get the jacket.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Leather looks good, lots of stitching would need to be done. Thought it was worth a look for cheap
To be honest, I think you've bought a wall hanger, or a good project for 5* to have them reproduce the jacket using the original pattern.

Looks like the cotton thread is falling apart. Fix one seam another one will pop. I see at least $600 worth of repairs that need to be done.

Observe

One Too Many
To be honest, I think you've bought a wall hanger, or a good project for 5* to have them reproduce the jacket using the original pattern.

Looks like the cotton thread is falling apart. Fix one seam another one will pop. I see at least $600 worth of repairs that need to be done.
I'd love it if 5* got their hands on a straight zip CHP to clone if it became part of their catalog.

I bought this trashed police jacket. If anyone recognizes make, let me know. Came from a seller on the West Coast.
Picture 1 of 13

Picture 7 of 13

Picture 11 of 13

Picture 9 of 13

I had this exact model of jacket but I can't recall what was it. It was in such a shit condition that I threw it away. Retrospectively, I should've kept the hardware.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up

That is why I passed on it today, despite the price being good. Seams are goners.

AHP91

Practically Family

I considered that. Melikes it for a wall hanger for a while if so. Looks old to me, I like to check stuff out

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I found the thread in which you guys discuzsed all this. Youre right. The liner does look like what is likely the 41-42 liner. I'm going to be studying that thread closely until my jacket arrives.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Picture 1 of 13

Picture 7 of 13

Picture 11 of 13

Picture 9 of 13
I thought this jacket looked interesting. The Zipper stop says late 40s early 50s, pre-nylon lining. Unique button cuffs, cut in a sharp angle.

Not a Californian, the pockets are too low, the cuffs. The pocket position seems unique. A Police jacket for sure, badge holder.

West coast horsehide police jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn