Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

newtojackets

Practically Family
A few days ago o posed about an AMF jacket that I was interested in. Fairly certain it was made by brooks.

This jacket just arrived and it is glorious. Fits great and a far nicer leather than my other brooks gold label: IMG_3419.jpeg IMG_3420.jpeg IMG_3421.jpeg IMG_3423.jpeg IMG_3424.jpeg IMG_3425.jpeg

Ordinarily this would be a no brained to keep for me. However, I wanted to make sure of a few things first.

1. The jacket has a slight cigarette odour to it. I’m planning on soaking it in the tub then conditioning it (but if I do so I won’t be able to return it anymore if the scent doesn’t go)

2. There cuffs of the jacket show some peeling of the leather. I don’t care about wear, patina etc., I just want to confirm, this is not dry rot right? I shouldn’t expect this to worsen right?

IMG_3427.jpeg IMG_3429.jpeg
3. The leather is extremely squeaky, do brooks usually behave like this?

If these issues are nothing to worry about I will definitely be keeping

Attachments

• IMG_3428.jpeg
    IMG_3428.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 29

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
1. The jacket has a slight cigarette odour to it. I’m planning on soaking it in the tub
That will probably make the smell worse. You could try using an Ozone machine on it.
A previous owner probably (over)conditioned the jacket with a wax based product. My brooks doesn't squeak at all.

newtojackets

Practically Family
That will probably make the smell worse. You could try using an Ozone machine on it.

A previous owner probably (over)conditioned the jacket with a wax based product. My brooks doesn't squeak at all
Ah really? My other Brooks also had a smell (but mouldy rather than the cigarette smell) and the tub almost entirely got rid of that. Is it that the different odors react differently?

Also is the peeling cuffs something you would worry about?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Measurement completely off. Now I can pretty much confirm these 50s Bucos is only one size down from the tag size.
On your tag size 48 Buco jacket, Is it 46" or 47" if you measure it around the hem like this:
IMG_1003.JPG

You got a gem there. Not that many vintage jackets in the larger sizes around, and in that condition. I've only seen one other one here in a 46 from a Canadian member.

The full elastic back make these jackets impossible to measure correctly with a tape in photo. Only the fixed hem can give some indications combined with the tag size.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
On your tag size 48 Buco jacket, Is it 46" or 47" if you measure it around the hem like this:
View attachment 540703

You got a gem there. Not that many vintage jackets in the larger sizes around, and in that condition. I've only seen one other one here in a 46 from a Canadian member.

The full elastic back make these jackets impossible to measure correctly with a tape in photo. Only the fixed hem can give some indications combined with the tag size.
Sorry. Don't have a soft tape this long.

mumpy

A-List Customer
A few days ago o posed about an AMF jacket that I was interested in. Fairly certain it was made by brooks.

This jacket just arrived and it is glorious. Fits great and a far nicer leather than my other brooks gold label: View attachment 540672 View attachment 540673 View attachment 540674 View attachment 540675 View attachment 540676 View attachment 540677

Ordinarily this would be a no brained to keep for me. However, I wanted to make sure of a few things first.

1. The jacket has a slight cigarette odour to it. I’m planning on soaking it in the tub then conditioning it (but if I do so I won’t be able to return it anymore if the scent doesn’t go)

2. There cuffs of the jacket show some peeling of the leather. I don’t care about wear, patina etc., I just want to confirm, this is not dry rot right? I shouldn’t expect this to worsen right?

View attachment 540678 View attachment 540679

If these issues are nothing to worry about I will definitely be keeping
Nice find!

My Brooks was pretty squeaky but I applied some pecards on the seams around the armpit and that fixed it.

No jacket but after watching the Netflix documentary and subsequently pumping iron for hundred millionth time….
I had to.
IMG_9517.jpeg
IMG_9518.jpeg
IMG_9519.jpeg

Now all I need is 30lbs of lean muscle, a wig and roughly 30 years subtracted from my age. And some tren.
“When he wants the food, it’s there”
Absolute legend.

Nacho

Practically Family
No jacket but after watching the Netflix documentary and subsequently pumping iron for hundred millionth time….
I had to.
View attachment 540755 View attachment 540756 View attachment 540757
Now all I need is 30lbs of lean muscle, a wig and roughly 30 years subtracted from my age. And some tren.
“When he wants the food, it’s there”
Absolute legend.
Man, that was the golden era of bodybuilding - Arnie, Lou Fergino, Frank Zane, Mike Mentzer, Tom Platz, Dave Draper (RIP) to name a few. They looked better all around, not like these mass monsters these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany