Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Khilij

One of the Regulars
I found a Schott 619 for sale locally at a good price. It's a really cool looking jacket, I can afford it, and the measurements are right. I think I might go for it.

As nice as I have seen of this most interesting style! A great label, great condition and a possible fit. That is the whole package. Like you, I've seen plenty of pics of these combo jackets, but many are in poor condition. They seem to use capeskin, which is most fragile at this age.

1941 Sears Roebuck catalog

View attachment 571356
1942 Sears Roebuck catalog

View attachment 571361

These guys always look like jerks and bullies.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Back to the basics, from big $$ to simple.

Yes, another leather I have been looking for, this simple Brooks vest.

I seen one other, but too small, this is a 46.
20231218_124514.jpg
20231218_124506.jpg
20231218_124525.jpg

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks guys. Pretty sure it’s a 613s with about .5” shorter back, fingers crossed for the fit!

Most likely a version of the jacket Marc got in Japan. (613S pattern, instead of shrunken Schott Japan pattern, brown horsehide, repro upward zippers and buckle); however this one has 618 aesthetics instead of the One Star. Seems like an excellent jacket.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Most likely a version of the jacket Marc got in Japan. (613S pattern, instead of shrunken Schott Japan pattern, brown horsehide, repro upward zippers and buckle); however this one has 618 aesthetics instead of the One Star. Seems like an excellent jacket.
That was my impression too! I actually reached out to @Marc mndt about the sizing on his before going for it because of their similarity.
Definitely post fit pics when you get it!
1000% will do

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Even with my thick vest, still feels a size too big. It’s a bummer. It’s insanely pretty leather. Simple design. Just too big.
View attachment 571702
If nothing else I have to get some decent pics of the hide. It’s positively monstrous!
Yeah I can see it bunching a lot in the armpit area here which is not a good sign sadly. A shame as I actually quite like the simple design.

jeo

One Too Many
First experience with Starglove. Much thicker and heavier than my later Cal. Closer to my Al’s in terms of weight. Really nice condition
View attachment 571790

I was waiting for you to get and post pictures. This looks incredible, much better than the pictures.

Was watching this one for a year. It was at $1200 for a long time which was way too high and the size was borderline big. When it got reduced to a little over $600 I was seriously thinking about and if I didn’t already own a nice SG I would have bought it.

Congrats man, I’d love to see fit pics!

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was waiting for you to get and post pictures. This looks incredible, much better than the pictures.

Was watching this one for a year. It was at $1200 for a long time which was way too high and the size was borderline big. When it got reduced to a little over $600 I was seriously thinking about and if I didn’t already own a nice SG I would have bought it.

Congrats man, I’d love to see fit pics!
Thank you. It is actually on the small side. 18 inches shoulder but 19.5 inches P-to-P. Seller missed the P-to-P by an inch therefore I cannot zip up. May fit you better but for the short sleeves.

Reactions: jeo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn