Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Dav

One Too Many
I have developed a strong desire for an ELC Irvin, I'm sure there'll be one in the near future and a trip to the showroom to boot. :)

Graemsay

Practically Family
@JMax and @Edward if you're interested in vests, Pancho and Lefty have a good selection in stock. They're not cheap, though.

I particularly like this one by North No Name. It doesn't come in my size, though.

Vest.jpg

I like the same one, and the lone size will not fit. Dodged a bullet there, that vest is sweet. I do not know whether to thank you or curse you for adding such an expensive leather option to my “be on the lookout” list.

I will thank you. Very cool vest.

OldStrummer

Practically Family
Like many others on this site, I am awaiting delivery of an Aero Bronco W535AC29191 Type A-2 in russet jerky horsehide. Carrie at Thurston Brothers has been nothing short of fabulous!

New_Aero_Bronco_1.jpg

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Just got a "new" jacket by way of Fiebings Pro Black Dye, and Fiebings Resolene. Started out with a cheap brown Gap Trucker. Thought I would play around with trying to learn how to dye a jacket. Long gruesome process, but had fun. Sorry if thread is too picture heavy and drawn out, but someone asked for pics, so here goes.
Cheap brown Gap
Gap Beater.JPG

Dyed it panel by panel
Gap dye first panel.JPG

Soaked it up like a sponge, ran out of dye
Half Dyed Beater.JPG

Bought some more dye, and finished first coat. Let it cure overnight in front of my heater, then added a second coat.
Big dying mess.JPG

Let that cure overnight then hit with a coat of Resolene. Also ran out of that and had to wait for another delivery. Hit it with a second coat of Resolene, and it dried pretty quickly.
Black Gap Shiney Grain .JPG

Took some fit pics wearing a white tee shirt, no leeching of color
Black Gap Open.JPG

Black Gap back Flat.JPG

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Black Gap flat front .JPG
Black Gap back Flat.JPG

Still felt a little damp so I am curing it in front of my heater some more. Pretty shiny. Don't know how this will wear as far as leaching and building patina, but it is still showing nice grain in the cow hide.
I was about to pull the trigger on an Eastman Hartmann leather jacket with sleeves creases, beautiful brown colour, my size, right price and I had to wait befor I could use my credit card to be charged first of January...it didn't last that long. Almost coming to me!
What was that used Eastman going for, if you don't mind me asking?

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Funny, when I get drunk late in the night, I'm always super content with whatever jacket I'm having at the moment. I'm like "man, I don't need another jacket ever again in my life...".

I should drink more.

In the days when I used to get drunk late at night I was always super content with everything in my life - jackets included. That's why booze is so seductive. Everything seems better, women become more beautiful, other people become more interesting and all is right in the world. Oh, the trouble you can get into... ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran