Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

She did not. Overall cost has to be high. Cant imagine they would charge less even if used own leather
That would be a deciding factor for me. I’m happy to assist anyone interested in pursuing this avenue. It’s literally a 15 minute ride for me to grab the skin. And my curiosity is more than peaked. A cordo model E with a brown mouton collar...that would put a dagger in the heart of this hobby for me.

I’ll take the laces in cordo too. Please and thank you.

Psant25

One Too Many
Would be a little nervous going this route. Aero is hand cutting and working this thick leather all day long. I dont think vanson is hand cutting anymore kim said when discussing patterns they make changes on the computers not the old wood patterns they had. I would think matching up grain and variations in thickness panel for panel is a real art. Vanson is using pretty heavily processed uniform leather. Who knows im trying to talk myself out of calling horween tomorrow and emailing kim back changing my mind

Would be a little nervous going this route. Aero is hand cutting and working this thick leather all day long. I dont think vanson is hand cutting anymore kim said when discussing patterns they make changes on the computers not the old wood patterns they had. I would think matching up grain and variations in thickness panel for panel is a real art. Vanson is using pretty heavily processed uniform leather. Who knows im trying to talk myself out of calling horween tomorrow and emailing kim back changing my mind
That’s a very good point. There’s definitely a risk/reward ratio heavily at play. The cost would be the deciding factor for me. But now that the seed of a cordo E has been planted. The sweaty madness can’t be stopped. I’ll be ringing up Kim tomorrow. I wish Nicole was still there. I worked with her primarily and she fully understood.

Psant25

One Too Many
That’s a very good point. There’s definitely a risk/reward ratio heavily at play. The cost would be the deciding factor for me. But now that the seed of a cordo E has been planted. The sweaty madness can’t be stopped. I’ll be ringing up Kim tomorrow. I wish Nicole was still there. I worked with her primarily and she fully understood.
Man would love to see that.

Hh121

Banned
Today's Vanson is not the Vanson used to be. You will receive vast disappointment if you expect too much from it.

Today's Vanson is not the Vanson used to be. You will receive vast disappointment if you expect too much from it.
I agree as far as the comp weight goes. The z/x150 and October jackets still look good. I probably would buy/return a new stock E just to be sure the pattern and size is still what I recall first.

Lantern

New in Town
I think Horween’s retail price per square foot for small quantities is around $15. Would make the jacket fairly expensive as I suspect Vanson’s credit offered, if any, would be based on their cost for base leather that they purchase at wholesale in large quantities.

Alan at Johnson Leathers worked with me to make a jacket with leather I sourced, but I supplied 2nd quality Horween from Maverick leather. Reasonable price but the leather definitely was not pristine.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I scooped up this Highwayman:
3A2C8E06-2CBA-4AB7-87AA-9AE6B4D1572F.jpeg
Saw it posted here in the finds and deals thread. If I’m not mistaken I believe it is made from the unfinished Italian horsehide that was all the rage around here for a little while. I actually have a Highwayman in this hide that I picked up off the bay but the fit is not as good as I would like and it doesn’t have a chest pocket. Here’s hoping the second time‘s a charm!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko