How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Feb 12, 2017.

1. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Edit: 3.5 miles.

2. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

“Double front quarters all around!”

ton312 likes this.
  3. Psant25

Psant25 Practically Family

She did not. Overall cost has to be high. Cant imagine they would charge less even if used own leather

4. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

That would be a deciding factor for me. I’m happy to assist anyone interested in pursuing this avenue. It’s literally a 15 minute ride for me to grab the skin. And my curiosity is more than peaked. A cordo model E with a brown mouton collar...that would put a dagger in the heart of this hobby for me.

I’ll take the laces in cordo too. Please and thank you.

5. Psant25

Would be a little nervous going this route. Aero is hand cutting and working this thick leather all day long. I dont think vanson is hand cutting anymore kim said when discussing patterns they make changes on the computers not the old wood patterns they had. I would think matching up grain and variations in thickness panel for panel is a real art. Vanson is using pretty heavily processed uniform leather. Who knows im trying to talk myself out of calling horween tomorrow and emailing kim back changing my mind

El Marro, Cornelius and ton312 like this.
  6. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

That’s a very good point. There’s definitely a risk/reward ratio heavily at play. The cost would be the deciding factor for me. But now that the seed of a cordo E has been planted. The sweaty madness can’t be stopped. I’ll be ringing up Kim tomorrow. I wish Nicole was still there. I worked with her primarily and she fully understood.

Psant25 likes this.
  7. Psant25

Man would love to see that.

ton312 likes this.
  8. Hh121

Hh121 One Too Many

Today's Vanson is not the Vanson used to be. You will receive vast disappointment if you expect too much from it.

9. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

I agree as far as the comp weight goes. The z/x150 and October jackets still look good. I probably would buy/return a new stock E just to be sure the pattern and size is still what I recall first.

Hh121 and Psant25 like this.
  10. Lantern

Lantern New in Town

I think Horween’s retail price per square foot for small quantities is around $15. Would make the jacket fairly expensive as I suspect Vanson’s credit offered, if any, would be based on their cost for base leather that they purchase at wholesale in large quantities.

Alan at Johnson Leathers worked with me to make a jacket with leather I sourced, but I supplied 2nd quality Horween from Maverick leather. Reasonable price but the leather definitely was not pristine.

ton312, JMax and Psant25 like this.
  11. crism1

crism1 New in Town

I have an Irvin in production from Aero and a house A-2 from ELC. It's gonna be a very broke Christmas

Psant25 likes this.
  12. red devil

red devil One Too Many

I am creating a thread for the Horween X Vanson, let's see if we can do a group order :)

13. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

I really wish the TFL Dehen sweater had happened. :(

14. red devil

red devil One Too Many

El Marro likes this.
  15. El Marro

El Marro One Too Many

I scooped up this Highwayman:
    3A2C8E06-2CBA-4AB7-87AA-9AE6B4D1572F.jpeg Saw it posted here in the finds and deals thread. If I’m not mistaken I believe it is made from the unfinished Italian horsehide that was all the rage around here for a little while. I actually have a Highwayman in this hide that I picked up off the bay but the fit is not as good as I would like and it doesn’t have a chest pocket. Here’s hoping the second time‘s a charm!

16. jpk_NJ

jpk_NJ A-List Customer

Early Xmas present to myself arriving this week. Vanson Colorado aka quilted CHP.

El Marro and Psant25 like this.
  17. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Post office lost my cop coat. They basically admitted it as I spent 1.5hrs there this morning. So I’ll have to pursue a refund on that one. In the meantime I threw an offer on this one.
    06670F7D-C96C-4E8B-BEDB-158B3A98BB99.jpeg

18. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

@ton312 the universe is telling you something here...let it go, buddy.

19. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

LOL. You might be right but it’s one of the few uncharted waters I have left.

JCSD likes this.
  20. Mandarin

Mandarin One of the Regulars

Makes sense.

ton312 likes this.