Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Question for those whom have placed recent orders with Aero directly. Do they still send a spec sheet to review before production? In the past I have always submitted my specs, Aero reviews them and creates their own sort of punch list they send to me to review, we agree and it goes into production.

With my latest, I submitted my spec sheet, paid my deposit, but have yet to see Aero’s punch list. I suppose I am to assume they caught all the tweaks (a small number in this case but significant nonetheless). Just curious if this is simply how they operate now. I’ve been more than a bit frustrated by this process and it for damn sure ain’t my first rodeo.

A brand new Aero!?!?!?
A brand new wool Aero, yes. The final frontier. A modified version of this:
F5294D70-CB92-4DE9-9A3E-600AB16238B5.png
395F5C59-CE51-4F2C-82B7-8FD68D8B8A97.png

Stormlord

New in Town
Hey there
My only leatherjacket is a motorcycle driving jacket. Extremely strong, but you look like batman :)

It's not that expensive like quality jackets but from the material perspective, it's far stronger than any mall jacket. Up to 2.6mm thick leather.

But by reading this, I really need an Aero jacket. When I buy, price does not matter. So i'll take a flight end of the year and buy in Scotland directly in the store. I need them to take my measurements and then go for it.

Why next year? I want to take some time for a diet ;)
I'm not fat, 89kg by 186cm but the model I choosed seems to be slim fit.

It is the board racer from Aero in chrome excel horse leather in black. Together with my 18oz Japan denim would be a great match I think

I just don't want to order online. It should be perfect. My only one. Forever ;)

Attachments

• 41CHSBvFigL._SL500_.jpg
    41CHSBvFigL._SL500_.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 50

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Is this the Ralphs-Pugh pattern? He’s getting really good!
Not exactly RP repro. I wanted a Hercules style back because I don't have one yet. And he added extra topstitch in the front. I should get the jacket soon.

Question for those whom have placed recent orders with Aero directly. Do they still send a spec sheet to review before production? In the past I have always submitted my specs, Aero reviews them and creates their own sort of punch list they send to me to review, we agree and it goes into production.

With my latest, I submitted my spec sheet, paid my deposit, but have yet to see Aero’s punch list. I suppose I am to assume they caught all the tweaks (a small number in this case but significant nonetheless). Just curious if this is simply how they operate now. I’ve been more than a bit frustrated by this process and it for damn sure ain’t my first rodeo.
Yes. Chloe is their communication person from the factory. They upgraded their system too. So you get an email with something like this attached instead of just words:

Image1.jpg

That was pretty quick (lead time), your wool HB jacket.

Not exactly RP repro. I wanted a Hercules style back because I don't have one yet. And he added extra topstitch in the front. I should get the jacket soon.

Yes. Chloe is their communication person from the factory. They upgraded their system too. So you get an email with something like this attached instead of just words:

View attachment 430163

That was pretty quick (lead time), your wool HB jacket.
Honestly, I thought I would have the jacket by now. I started the discussion in early April, was told 2-3 weeks delivered "once finalized" and have yet to see this sheet^. I have paid my deposit, emailed multiple times to ask if I can simply SEE THE AERO SPEC SHEET. And now multiple weeks have passed again. So I have no idea what I'm getting. I did make changes, wool sleeves with leather HWM style cuff, wool collar w/ leather underside, lining change and some slight measurement tweaks (important ones). Maybe they have it all recorded off my spec sheet and it's no big deal....but maybe not. I'll be honest, as much as I do want the jacket, it's leaving a really bad taste. I am not a new customer with a bunch of dumb ass questions. I know how to do my part, make the sheet and pay. I just want the acknowledgement that all the tweaks have been reviewed and approved BEFORE they start building it!

Last edited:

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Honestly, I thought I would have the jacket by now. I started the discussion in early April, was told 2-3 weeks delivered "once finalized" and have yet to see this sheet^. I have paid my deposit, emailed multiple times to ask if I can simply SEE THE AERO SPEC SHEET. And now multiple weeks have passed again. So I have no idea what I'm getting. I did make changes, wool sleeves with leather HWM style cuff, wool collar w/ leather underside, lining change and some slight measurement tweaks (important ones). Maybe they have it all recorded off my spec sheet and it's no big deal....but maybe not. I'll be honest, as much as I do want the jacket, it's leaving a really bad taste. I am not a new customer with a bunch of dumb ass questions. I know how to do my part, make the sheet and pay. I just want the acknowledgement that all the tweaks have been reviewed and approved BEFORE they start building it!
That sucks man, nothing gets me steamed faster than poor (or nonexistent) communication. Here’s hoping they hit you up soon.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Hercules style back is definitely one of the coolest jacket backs around, up there with Langlitz pinstripes as far as I’m concerned.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Shawn has ruined you in the customer service department. JK. Perhaps this is a wake up call for Aero (and others) to include some type of instant chat into their new system. I am not a fan of FB or Insta but I like how the messaging function works. Hope you get some resolution with your Aero jacket soon. It's a very cool jacket, sans the CS problem.

Shawn has ruined you in the customer service department.
This is absolutely true but in all honesty, I don’t ask for much. The absurdity of ordering a wool jacket at the start of summer is not lost on me. I don’t even care how long it takes to make. I can’t wear it until November. I just want to make sure they get it right the first time, so my jacket doesn’t end up on the sale page (like my PHWM did). Luckily they caught their errors before it shipped to me but I had to laugh at that.

Okay I have been chasing this particular model Perfecto for awhile now , even went as far as to call it my grail piece. The tag size and measurements all seem to line up to being a good fit and now I wait. Will it be what I have dreamed of? Or wind up in the Classifieds?
View attachment 430417 View attachment 430418

Best part about this obsession is that the answer to that is 100% entirely up to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ