Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

3.14nche

One of the Regulars
That's a lot of passes!

Kidding aside had it been a black or a brown one I wouldn't have given the color a second thought.
So there's no reason to single that one out.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My Cat's Eyes arrived. Sleevs shortened so only 2 buttons but it fits.
IMG_20220822_144842.jpg
IMG_20220822_144848.jpg
IMG_20220822_144906.jpg
IMG_20220822_144925.jpg
IMG_20220822_145450.jpg

yellowfever

One of the Regulars
Stu just sent me a closeup of the buttons:

p6tkbef.jpg

I don't think comparing the leathers like that is fair, the LW is pictured under bad artificial lightning and the Field next to a nice sunny window...

Also, i am going to ride in that jacket, and i would not ride in a shinki jacket, it's just no tough enough...
I'll post "better" pics when i get it, i just sent Stu a shipping label, shoudl be here next week.
Part of me feels it’s entirely unreasonable, even outrageous, that a jacket maker, however illustrious, feels it’s OK to overrule a paying customer (and a well informed regular paying customer at that in this case) on his carefully researched , chosen and sourced button choice on a jacket he is after all paying good money for. He who pays the piper calls the tune.. Sure Advise the customer, discuss and even steer the customer in what you feel is the right direction. But to ultimately insist on overruling him? Just no.

But then, based on the pics so far, I‘ve gotta say I like Stu’s button choice, they look absolutely awesome!

So whilst I’m quite sure corozo buttons would have been great, I just can’t see them matching these mother of pearl ones. Still a natural material like the corozo, but just with an extra touch of class and interest and a nice contrast and interplay between the tough jacket and the jewel like buttons….

FWIW And with no disrespect to your original button choice, these are a clear win in my book! Maybe letting an experienced maker who’s after all on the spot run with it (as you’ve done) is not such a bad thing….

Anyway the whole jacket looks awesome, looking forward to fit pics and review…

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Part of me feels it’s entirely unreasonable, even outrageous, that a jacket maker, however illustrious, feels it’s OK to overrule a paying customer (and a well informed regular paying customer at that in this case) on his carefully researched , chosen and sourced button choice on a jacket he is after all paying good money for. He who pays the piper calls the tune.. Sure Advise the customer, discuss and even steer the customer in what you feel is the right direction. But to ultimately insist on overruling him? Just no.

But then, based on the pics so far, I‘ve gotta say I like Stu’s button choice, they look absolutely awesome!

So whilst I’m quite sure corozo buttons would have been great, I just can’t see them matching these mother of pearl ones. Still a natural material like the corozo, but just with an extra touch of class and interest and a nice contrast and interplay between the tough jacket and the jewel like buttons….

FWIW And with no disrespect to your original button choice, these are a clear win in my book! Maybe letting an experienced maker who’s after all on the spot run with it (as you’ve done) is not such a bad thing….

Anyway the whole jacket looks awesome, looking forward to fit pics and review…

That jacket is actually being remade...
A few hours after i posted these pics, Stu messaged me sayign he had noticed thay had gotten the angle of the pocket wrong... He asked me if i wanted to take this one with the "wrong pockets" or get a remake with correct pockets.
I asked for a remake with correct pockets and the Corozo buttons i had picket originally.
No idea when that will be ready...

yellowfever

One of the Regulars
That jacket is actually being remade...
A few hours after i posted these pics, Stu messaged me sayign he had noticed thay had gotten the angle of the pocket wrong... He asked me if i wanted to take this one with the "wrong pockets" or get a remake with correct pockets.
I asked for a remake with correct pockets and the Corozo buttons i had picket originally.
No idea when that will be ready...
Well then I can save my outrage on you being overruled on your own jacket and be happy that the customer is always right in the end, even at LW! It’s your jacket so it should be how you want it to be. I will be curious to see how it looks when you (eventually) get the re-make. it will have to go some to beat the “not quite right” one in my book!

Edward

Bartender
The work on my Schott is finished, ready to be shipped. 'The Bandits Golden Belts' has done an amazing job.

View attachment 445596 View attachment 445597 View attachment 445599 View attachment 445598

Looks fantastic - would be great to see a full jacket view when you get it. I like the spiderwebs. My Johnson D pocket has a few embellishments like that, though nothing as cool as that webbing. I like the look - a real, old school Americana, rockabilly feel to it, bit of flash but more subtle than the later, Brit Rocker jackets.

Edward

Bartender
View attachment 445982 View attachment 445981

I posted about wanting to buy some nice new Johnson/Lost Worlds/Vanson jacket and Alan reached out and offered this 3.75 oz brown clx hh jacket to me. Measurements spot on, interesting new style, couldn't resist.

This is really nice. Love the red undertones in that brown. Years ago I'd have thought it madness to have a bike-style jacket in anything other than black, but nowadays I have a real inclination towards something like this. One of those things that's always a lucky ebay find or three jackets down the wishlist, and then in all probability turns out an absolute favourite when it arrives, you know?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk