Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

morrison2951

Practically Family
Welp, I went and did it!

Said I was done for now and just found this Aero Maxwell in Bainbridge that's incoming.

BEAUTIFUL!

s-l400-110.jpg
s-l400-111.jpg

s-l400-113.jpg
s-l400-112.jpg

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
@tmitchell59 --- I picture this playing out as a movie scene with you hitting on a widow at her husband's funeral ===THEN paying your condolences to her..... LOL...... It just struck me funny......
Plot twist: right after the ceremony she took a one way flight to Europe to join up with her three best friends from high school. She lived happily ever after.

FC0F61A1-6613-4073-BC52-89296CD2CCF5.jpeg

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I don't get time to post in this thread but I am this time so I can throw a shout out.

Busy week. I got lucky a few times on some jackets (shout out to @Marc mndt who posted one I snagged!!!!).

Just got these 3 items Saturday:

Levis Vintage Clothing x Aero Capeskin "Beat Brown" Jacket (factory distressed)--pretty sure they were made in 2005........

1662334859284.png

1662335329113.png

CAL 6 Panel Cafe Racer -- *** Discovered by Dutch Explorer @Marc mndt **** Really seems largely unworn. My crap pics don't do it justice. A lot of glare makes it seem like its got more scuffiness than it actually has. Lighter hide but it does have some character. Better than expected. I thought it would be a really cheap sorta hide but its fairly heavy and very well made. Still---needs a main zipper and a mail side snap. Arms are probably an inch or 2 too long for a perfect fit but its otherwise good. May be something to send to CAL for a little work down the line but its a goodie.

1662335916994.jpeg

1662335941378.jpeg

Then I went in for some kind of double breasted Campus leather front sweater thing I think has a cool vibe to it (Honestly, I had just had a couple of beers so it WAS a BUI and perhaps a strange buy----but it fits great and is in really really clean flawless condition---you don't find vintage sweaters in perfect condition very often. It just needs a basic dry clean---and it wasn't pricey). Has a bit of a Goodfellas vibe to it in my mind for some reason......... (yeah ok---its a little different----no more drinking and buying!!)

1662336223965.png

I am awaiting these two as they will not ship til after Labor Day .................

This one is an early Spiewak Golden Fleece No-Buckle Half Belt.......... The company is still around making outerwear but this is a true vintage jacket from the region of production (Wisconsin). It has some mild Arcadia undertones to its front IMO with a sorta less graceful, multipiece back. Some minor edge wear but the hide is all good. Seller says the only "damage" is 3 small tears in the lining which looks to be an old material suggesting an older vintage jacket. I am awaiting shipping and will be able to get a better idea when I see the main zip.
1662410621323.png

1662410650290.png

1662410700318.png

Lastly, this strange jacket with Waffle-Triscuit pockets and odd shaped angles........ I picture this being something where the designers took too many liberties riffing off existing classic designs and just went too far. This was probably offered for a single year with few buyers and it was quickly removed from production like the Pontiac Aztec (which somehow has gone from Flop Car to Cool).....

1662411397579.png

Anyway, it just struck me as a unique style that could be really cool with the right outfit and attitude (Currently I seek the former and have too much of the latter) ----THE JACKET I mean.........NOT the damn car!!! I only posted the Aztec photo for reference purposes in case someone hasn't seen one or watched Breaking Bad...).

So here is Sir Waffle Triscuit-----I sure hope it fits. Price was pretty low for what seems like a quality made if pretty strangely styled jacket......that just HAD to be Burgundy......
1662410815942.png

Hopefully I don't see any more cool jackets for awhile................(not likely)

Could I simply stop looking??????????????? No. No I just can't.........I just CAN'T. I got that addiction gene goin on. Quitting is not an option....... The Bankruptcy Court can pay my creditors in Leather Jackets!!!!

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I dig the two upper pockets, reminds me of the Cat's Eye jacket. Looks like a square ended Talon pull with Talon down the middle of the stop. Looks like post war 1940s.

View attachment 449228
That's exactly what I thought too (regarding the Cat Eyes look). I didn't have a chance to look close at the zipper but the Seller says its original. The Seller said it was a late 40s jacket but Sellers are routinely off on dating so your expertise on that zipper date is a welcome piece of well informed judgment. I was preliminarily using the the look of the liner fabric to sorta date it. The texture of the liner reminds me of the liner texture in the Seattle Woolen police jackets. Almost like a cotton looking fabric that predated some of the blends and man made fabrics like Nylon.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Fits you like a custom jacket. Well done. What's their code name for this pattern? There is no side gussets right?

Thank you! Guess one of the advantages of being in the game for so long is that you have your numbers dialed down at some point and know what fits and what doesn't.

The code name for this pattern is Alt-43. It has no side panels. Very minimalistic design. It has very slim sleeves. I am reasonably athletic but I don't go to the gym and yet the sleeves are so tight in the biceps area that I am not sure if I can fit a sweatshirt under the jacket. That's pretty much the only thing I would change if I was to custom-order.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Just ordered this Aero RAF Coastal Command which has been on my list for 6 or 7 years now. However based on @John Lever 's review/recommendations I've ordered it in their superior RAF Russet Pebbled Grain Merino plus seal jerky HH trim. Also @MrProper influenced my with his pics (in a positive way) as pics of the Coastal Command are still rare on the Internet.

I'll receive it in November and will make a review then. As Aero now deducts their VAT for customers outside of UK and as they offer a 10% discount because of their new website, I've decided to order my first Aero jacket since Brexit.

1662469966953.png

Russet Pebbled Grain Merino
1662470142486.png

Cheers,
Robbie

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Just ordered this Aero RAF Coastal Command which has been on my list for 6 or 7 years now. However based on @John Lever 's review/recommendations I've ordered it in their superior RAF Russet Pebbled Grain Merino plus seal jerky HH trim. Also @MrProper influenced my with his pics (in a positive way) as pics of the Coastal Command are still rare on the Internet.

I'll receive it in November and will make a review then. As Aero now deducts their VAT for customers outside of UK and as they offer a 10% discount because of their new website, I've decided to order my first Aero jacket since Brexit.

View attachment 449314
Russet Pebbled Grain Merino
View attachment 449315

Cheers,
Robbie
Beautiful leather and not really pebbly which is a good thing imo

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
JL arrived. Off the rack size 40; there is some but little I would have done differently on a custom order.
View attachment 449192 View attachment 449193
Improved "tucked in shirt" shot to demonstrate the jacket is not too short, it goes way past the belt.
View attachment 449194 View attachment 449195 View attachment 449197

I love it! CXL horse, I take it?!

Only thing I would improve is that thing with nthe Bermudas. No shorts on a guy over 30 (safe for beach and sports).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk