Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Observe

Practically Family
Indeed I do! Mine is a Thurston Bros jacket however and it was considered a "modified" version.
So they would do it for TB but not otherwise? I don't think the pocket is a deal breaker tbh, it's not super functional but I do like the look. I could live without it though.

So they would do it for TB but not otherwise? I don't think the pocket is a deal breaker tbh, it's not super functional but I do like the look. I could live without it though.
I'm not sure but I feel like all of the Hercs I've seen from TB have the chest pocket and raised HB belts.

Observe

Practically Family
I'm not sure but I feel like all of the Hercs I've seen from TB have the chest pocket and raised HB belts.
I like the belts at the bottom so I can cinch it in there if needed.

Aero told me they recommend a 42 for me in the og herc, saying that thr 40 would be too small. I did send them my desired measurements so I hope this is enough information for them.

I like the belts at the bottom so I can cinch it in there if needed.

Aero told me they recommend a 42 for me in the og herc, saying that thr 40 would be too small. I did send them my desired measurements so I hope this is enough information for them.
Yeah I think the 40" I recieved was actuallly what a 42" should be....I've seen smaller 42"s on Aero's site...Size tag with them is often useless. There's a 44" 30's HB on the sale page that is smaller than my 42"!

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

AFAIK, Ken decides on such optical mods pretty much by himself. I once got denied zip-sleeves on a premier HWM, only to see @ton312´s midnight blue premier HWM two weeks later - with zip-sleeves.

Why not tell them very politely that you saw the chest pocket on a regular customer of Aero´s and liked the look of it very much.
I can asbolutely see the sense in trying to maintain the core of the historical patterns, but I don´t think small mods are "0" or "1".

nattevagten

One of the Regulars
Aero just got back to me saying that they may not approve a chest pocket on the original hercules. I could have sworn I've seen such makeups in the wild. In fact, a quick google search reveals several such makeups from TB.
Now I suddenly have a feeling that the chest pocket on my premier highwayman may not be approved either... Odd though, as their new website allows choosing a chest pocket when you go through the customisation process.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

I'm confused on this chest pocket. The Original, Original has a chest pocket. Aero does not include this chest pocket?

1663947633677.png

Spiney

One of the Regulars
Now I suddenly have a feeling that the chest pocket on my premier highwayman may not be approved either... Odd though, as their new website allows choosing a chest pocket when you go through the customisation process.
It already comes with a chest pocket?

Observe

Practically Family
Perhaps my phrasing was confusing as I meant the exterior chest, not internal pockets.

Observe

Practically Family
Yeah I think the 40" I recieved was actuallly what a 42" should be....I've seen smaller 42"s on Aero's site...Size tag with them is often useless. There's a 44" 30's HB on the sale page that is smaller than my 42"!
I saw that, it's a 46 with a 22" chest! Unless it's a typo, quite a strange sizing convention.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220923_140226.jpg
    Screenshot_20220923_140226.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 52

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Some vintage Hercs have chest pockets and some don't. I've seen both. I've also seen at least two different cuff styles on that thing. But I'd like to think the most original one was the one in the big ads that cost $7.79. This one has the chest pocket. AND THE WOOL COLLAR! And there is a storm cuff inside the same cuff Aero uses.

1263844_863469877016638_5340662149121290726_o.jpg

There is also "later" ones. I judged by the increase in price to $7.85. It seems they cheaped out and no chest pocket. Either cheaped out by mis print the catalogue or the actual jacket chest pocket was eliminated. It would also seem that the cuff went to the later pointy one and most likely without storm cuff.
images.jpg

On my next Hercules Remix Mk2 I am asking for everything in the original $7.79 jacket. Everything - down to the wool collar. And I hope I get it.

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
Some vintage Hercs have chest pockets and some don't. I've seen both. I've also seen at least two different cuff styles on that thing. But I'd like to think the most original one was the one in the big ads that cost $7.79. This one has the chest pocket. AND THE WOOL COLLAR! And there is a storm cuff inside the same cuff Aero uses.

View attachment 452994

There is also "later" ones. I judged by the increase in price to $7.85. It seems they cheaped out and no chest pocket. Either cheaped out by mis print the catalogue or the actual jacket chest pocket was eliminated. It would also seem that the cuff went to the later pointy one and most likely without storm cuff.
View attachment 452995

On my next Hercules Remix Mk2 I am asking for everything in the original $7.79 jacket. Everything - down to the wool collar. And I hope I get it.
Just send them the ad as a specsheet :)

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
That's exactly what I will do. I think in their old website they had that exact ad photo. The wool rain collar is a must for me. Such cool feature.
Yeah. The feeling of cold leather against your neck on a rainy day is why I had a sheepskin collar added to my Schott 689. I've only seen this feature on Terry's Rough Wear Rough-in before. Most genious!

Observe

Practically Family

View attachment 452994

View attachment 452995

I may use this image to support my argument for the pocket should they tell me it's a no go lol.

Bonasera

One of the Regulars
Yes, that is another suspect, also in the mid west, Chicago, Illinois.
Yes, Blatt may be a maker too. Local to HD. Always so many possibilities. The Blatt that looks like the HD jackets is awesome.

I have a photo of it somewhere. Per us usual, I can’t find the SOB in all of my cloud services. Too many unorganized pics.
I've just got a Blatt D pocket jacket which looks like HD cycle champ by chance.
Belt has been removed by previous owner, but I like this jacket shape

_20220924_223238.JPG

_20220924_223052~2.JPG _20220924_224024.JPG

Hide'n'seek

One of the Regulars
I'm confused on this chest pocket. The Original, Original has a chest pocket. Aero does not include this chest pocket?

View attachment 452975
The original in our Archives and what our repro is based off does not have a breast pocket.
We can add a breast pocket on request, to the poster above who says they were told they couldn't have there must have been some confusion as it is certainly possible.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Yeah. The feeling of cold leather against your neck on a rainy day is why I had a sheepskin collar added to my Schott 689. I've only seen this feature on Terry's Rough Wear Rough-in before. Most genious!
THIS is the patented Collar of which you speak. We believe it is the original patent for RoughWear's adjustable collar and it was originally in their jackets. We think it may have been licensed to other manufacturers for a period of time and that it was a fairly short lived feature.

1664036002209.png

View attachment 452994

View attachment 452995

There are certainly a couple of small variations. I got lucky enough to snag an OG Hercules jacket. It seems to be a later model as it does not have a grommet reinforced zipper base or the throat button closure on the collar. It DOES have the chest pocket and the adjustable collar label is there but the collar itself is missing. Though mine has no maker label, we believe the ORIGINAL HERCULES was made by RoughWear. This conclusion is based on pretty definitive proof of the Adjustable Collar inventor's identity.

Attachments

• Front View.JPG
    Front View.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Label.JPG
    Label.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Rear View.JPG
    Rear View.JPG
    276.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Small Conmar Chest Pocket ZIp.JPG
    Small Conmar Chest Pocket ZIp.JPG