Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Soon on this carcass…

4c6aabf8-a949-4826-a484-143e5bbc2d00.jpg

Hh121

Banned
Here it is, a OK jacket, don't understand why the upper sleeve is so big, entire jacket is like oval shape instead of inverted triangle beqof those huge upper sleeve. Weigh 8 lbs but it is same thickness as my highwayman.
Also, can somebody explain to me why it has 25 pit to pit while I request no more than 24!!????
I also asked full hem protect, they forgot to do it.....
40756373-BA89-4B52-A0F7-71CA38A3AE66.jpeg
75AB6CDF-E887-4BC7-9FD6-BDE62E10D89A.jpeg
99C625CD-5565-42BB-A009-2EE5BAA1F032.jpeg

Last edited:

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Here it is, a OK jacket, don't understand why the upper sleeve is so big, entire jacket is like oval shape instead of inverted triangle beqof those huge upper sleeve. Weigh 8 lbs but it is same thickness as my highwayman.
Not sure if I should sell it. View attachment 454459 View attachment 454460
Yeah the Aero motorbike jackets have some extra room especially in the upper arm area, I think they are about 8 to 8.5" so 16" to 17" circumference. I was shocked at how wide they were the first time I tried on.

The torso fits good. You nailed it there. And 8lbs this one is heavy.

The bottom band and belt delete is a nice custom touch. I should have not mess around with Daytona and got the KOTR instead. It has more features than the J106/Daytonas.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Are you sure it's more than 24?

View attachment 454462
Aero Motobike jackets in size 42 will come with 25" P2P. And 23" to 24" for the size 40. I've always ordered mine stock and that's how they come. Very large. But they also taper very fast.
The best way to check their exact size is to measure out the hem. I found this the same with Vanson too and many other motorcycle jacket brands. The ease at the chest is basically the bottom sweep plus whatever the ease is. The hem gotta be wind tight.

AerGuitar

A-List Customer
Also, can somebody explain to me why it has 25 pit to pit while I request no more than 24!!????
View attachment 454461 View attachment 454459 View attachment 454460
Even though larger than you expected in the chest and the large upper sleeves, I think it still looks great on you. My Sheene in brown CXL had the same sort of oval shape in the shoulder and upper sleeves initially until it settled down with some wear, and eventually looked great... Until I dieted myself out of it and it was all together too big.

Hh121

Banned
Thanks, I think it needs lots of wear. It just did not meet my expectation (or imagination?) of this particular jacket.
I need to think about if I should sell it or give it a chance, gonna write a review of those Aero jackets I got.

Pandemic

One Too Many

Did you intend for the D pocket to sit up high like that?

Aero Board Racer in black CXFQHH coming to me eventually...Really excited about getting my first Aero!

I’m still really tempted to order a J100 BR while the sale is on.

AerGuitar

A-List Customer
Aero Board Racer in black CXFQHH coming to me eventually...Really excited about getting my first Aero!
Aero’s J100 is still my absolute all time favorite jacket. I have one in BB Vicenza, and one in Tobacco Badalassi. Very versatile between being casual with a t shirt and some chucks, or with a dress shirt and a pair of double monks.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I think the KOTR is Aero's version of the Herc 3.0 with added passenger hand warmers to differentiate it enough from their other motorcycle jackets that looks similar.

Please do a review HH. This is the one that got away from me. Every KOTR jacket I've seen has the J106 front and not the original front.

I think JMax and TMitchell has all three versions...

I don't know why the Hercs are not as popular as the Bucos.

vintageleatherjackets001420000.jpg

vintageleatherjackets001420001.jpg

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I think the KOTR is Aero's version of the Herc 3.0 with added passenger hand warmers to differentiate it enough from their other motorcycle jackets that looks similar.
If that's indeed the case then those wide upper sleeves are true to original.

This is my Herc and the sleeves on it are HUGE.

Like others have mentioned, it's probably just the stiff steerhide that needs to settle.

EFF55D38-67A3-4457-AA52-5689C528C5D5.jpeg
630D3446-7C87-4173-BCDA-E619FA32EB2D.jpeg
A7DD0733-8780-4E24-BBC3-6E7256B5096C.jpeg

To me this looks a size too large. You should’ve ordered a 40” (I assume this is a 42”). This is a 50’s pattern. So it would fit identically to the HWM and 50’s HB deluxe but with a much sharper waist taper. I assume the HB deluxe and the HWM are a 40”?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ