Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Good choice, in my opinion his pattern looks far better than FL.
I proxied Marc’s Windward for him and literally spent hours staring at it. I conditioned it and I photo’d it from every angle. Really studied it. For me Windward jackets are THE jackets. My favorite label by far and a rare survivor in my vintage carousel.

I haven’t seen any maker even come close with this pattern, other than Reg. I have pictures of his finished products but I don’t want to post them without his permission. Needless to say, when I saw them I was absolutely certain he was the guy.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
20221006_164301.jpg

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
That looks good enough to eat!! What’s the hide?
navy Vicenza. It would seem that the latest batches have good grains out the box. It also seems like Aero tweaked the stitch length/tension on this one. I didn't ask for it but it'd be a good surprise if they are changing their machine stitch set up. I am definitely taking out the measuring tape when it gets here... I think those fish eye buttons are 3/4" diameter. I counted 6 stitches, so it'd be 8 for the full inch? They used to be 6 for the whole inch.

So. Much. Wow.

That looks amazing, man. Well done!!!
Thanks man, the newsite sale and the exchange rates were very persuasive and I couldn't resist.

Spiney

One of the Regulars
navy Vicenza. It would seem that the latest batches have good grains out the box. It also seems like Aero tweaked the stitch length/tension on this one. I didn't ask for it but it'd be a good surprise if they are changing their machine stitch set up. I am definitely taking out the measuring tape when it gets here... I think those fish eye buttons are 3/4" diameter. I counted 6 stitches, so it'd be 8 for the full inch? They used to be 6 for the whole inch.

Thanks man, the newsite sale and the exchange rates were very persuasive and I couldn't resist.
Moonshiner with a fur collar ?

KcM

New in Town
Last week the SoulRevolver Lynch (brown) came in, on order is an Aero Sheene in badalassi black with antique brass hardware. I also have quite a few cowhide leather motor jackets and suits in the collection. Next year I’m hoping to get a sheene in russet badalass.

Attachments

• 895D1CFA-73EB-4549-987D-1A3E67590A4A.jpeg
    895D1CFA-73EB-4549-987D-1A3E67590A4A.jpeg
    132.3 KB · Views: 46
  • B0B4D6FD-A898-4B8F-9C75-93FA6E595A04.jpeg
    B0B4D6FD-A898-4B8F-9C75-93FA6E595A04.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 37

Schambach

Practically Family
Thank you! Not overly bulky, rather on the thinner side, not at all comparable to a Deck Jacket lining for example. But it though feels way warmer than the cotton or Tartan lining.
Thanks! I have an cxlsh original Hercules in the works, had wanted melton lining, but the folks at aero thought it would be too thick. They’ve suggested the corduroy which I’m sure would be fine as well.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I really like that they are now finishing the thin end of the pockets with a double stich that is symmetrical, it looks much better than what they used to do when i ordered mine a few years ago.
I think Greg leaving them is starting to benefit the current Aero customers now. Healthy competition is not a bad thing. Now we just have to get their small collar widened to ROW standards... Unfortunately Greg's is also running on the small collar pattern...

Thanks! I have an cxlsh original Hercules in the works, had wanted melton lining, but the folks at aero thought it would be too thick. They’ve suggested the corduroy which I’m sure would be fine as well.
Aero melton is thick. My best guess is 18 to 21 oz, like Filson jac shirt thick. The Herc is some what slim pattern and no action pleats. Corduroy is the better option on that Aero pattern.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko