Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

newtojackets

Practically Family
Found this jacket for sale recently, and thought it looked quite cool. Very different from all the other jackets in my collection, and definitely more flashy than I'm used to. I'm cautiously optimistic about this
s-l1600.jpg

TLW '90

Practically Family
Scored this blanket lined Big Smith on Ebay for $25 +shipping.
The picture makes it seem a little dirty, but I think that's just the lighting.
s-l400 (27).jpg

I set a max bid of $35 the other day and forgot about it, with 6 others watching I didn't expect to get it but nobody else bid and I won it for the starting price.

I haven't had a corduroy collar denim jacket since I was 6, but I remember that being my favorite at the time so I'll be glad to have another.

Edward

Bartender
Found this jacket for sale recently, and thought it looked quite cool. Very different from all the other jackets in my collection, and definitely more flashy than I'm used to. I'm cautiously optimistic about this
View attachment 485876

Puts me in mind of Akira and similar anime. Obviously a bit of a nod to racing leathers here - the colours, the logos. That's the Yamaha 'tuning forks' logo on the shoulders (they founded as a musical instruments company, and they were making pianos for fifty odd years before they turned out their first motorcycle). The design is very typical of a popular mc jacket style here in the UK in the 70s through 90s. From around the time that Lewis introduced the Super Monza in 1978 right up to the early-mid nineties when a much more padded style (and also armoured textiles) started to become a new norm, if you saw a guy on a bike, chances were very high indeed he'd be wearing some variation of this general style. Brighter colours also became popular from the 70s and through the eighties. Lewis pushed 'blaze orange' in particular in 1978. This sort of thing was often marketed as a "safety" feature. Be interesting to see who made it and where. A lot of jackets with Japanese related mc brands reference on them cropped up in the UK in this period. This of course reflects the real death of the British motorcycle industry itself, and the rise in Japanese bikes being seen on the road in the UK from the early-mid 70s onwards.

newtojackets

Practically Family
Puts me in mind of Akira and similar anime. Obviously a bit of a nod to racing leathers here - the colours, the logos. That's the Yamaha 'tuning forks' logo on the shoulders (they founded as a musical instruments company, and they were making pianos for fifty odd years before they turned out their first motorcycle). The design is very typical of a popular mc jacket style here in the UK in the 70s through 90s. From around the time that Lewis introduced the Super Monza in 1978 right up to the early-mid nineties when a much more padded style (and also armoured textiles) started to become a new norm, if you saw a guy on a bike, chances were very high indeed he'd be wearing some variation of this general style. Brighter colours also became popular from the 70s and through the eighties. Lewis pushed 'blaze orange' in particular in 1978. This sort of thing was often marketed as a "safety" feature. Be interesting to see who made it and where. A lot of jackets with Japanese related mc brands reference on them cropped up in the UK in this period. This of course reflects the real death of the British motorcycle industry itself, and the rise in Japanese bikes being seen on the road in the UK from the early-mid 70s onwards.
Really insightful, much more than my ‘it looks cool’ haha. This is indeed a British-made jacket from that era from a brand called ‘Interstate’. Supposedly it was a custom-made piece for someone who was actually a bike racer.

I’ll be sure to share more details when I have the jacket on hand!

jadub

A-List Customer
I have this coming in. My limited experience makes everything feel like a gamble, is it authentic, am I missing important information that would make it undesirable, did I pay too much etc. Anyway, it’s a field leathers in Badalassi. Could be great I hope.
This arrived yesterday. I’ll post some pics tomorrow I hope. Here is a low grade bathroom pic for now. I’m still on the fence about keeping it. I think it may be a little long and I’d want to take it in around the torso. The question is, does it join my little club.
FD9F9EF6-E307-4A5F-B0D6-4CE82EBDC2B4.jpeg
91D25E3B-B8F5-45C5-83CA-AB131766BDB0.jpeg

Daniel Veit

One of the Regulars
I would lift this burden off your shoulders..
If it would fit me, that is. Maybe I missed the post with the measurements

jadub

A-List Customer
The front drop is a bit beak like and sticks out past my belly. I’ve lost 7 lbs recently. Had I not I probably would love the extra belly space. It’s definitely in the keeper category but there is still lingering doubt as to whether or not I’m the keeper. His craftsmanship is amazing as I think everyone here says. Also love the Badalassi.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
The front drop is a bit beak like and sticks out past my belly. I’ve lost 7 lbs recently. Had I not I probably would love the extra belly space. It’s definitely in the keeper category but there is still lingering doubt as to whether or not I’m the keeper. His craftsmanship is amazing as I think everyone here says. Also love the Badalassi.
I vote keeper. Beautiful fit, beautiful jacket, beautiful hide. The front drop is part of the style, I think I saw similar on Freewheelers racer jackets. The zipper should start out a bit higher in this style though.

MichaelRhB

One of the Regulars
I think taking in the torso is only going to make the 'beak' stick out farther. IMOO, material might have to be taken from the front of the jacket on both sides of the zipper in an inverted V cut to get this beak to sit properly flush on you.

Sounds like major work to me. But I've been wrong before.

This arrived yesterday. I’ll post some pics tomorrow I hope. Here is a low grade bathroom pic for now. I’m still on the fence about keeping it. I think it may be a little long and I’d want to take it in around the torso. The question is, does it join my little club. View attachment 485966 View attachment 485967
Gorgeous color....The fit looks ok but honestly maybe a bit of an odd pattern? It does look a bit bulbous through the torso, which is not what a halfbelt should do....Either way I would not alter. Love or sell.

Edward

Bartender
Really insightful, much more than my ‘it looks cool’ haha. This is indeed a British-made jacket from that era from a brand called ‘Interstate’. Supposedly it was a custom-made piece for someone who was actually a bike racer.

I’ll be sure to share more details when I have the jacket on hand!

I have an inkling I've heard of that one - thought there were legion British motorcycle leather brand names back in the day, most of them long since disappeared, typically by the turn of the 90s. Be interesting to hear more once you have it in hand.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
officially put the deposit down on the CXL natural HH route 66 from Aero. Nothing against thurston bros but Holly was super helpful with my first jacket and really nailed what I wanted, so I see no need for the fit jacket. Unfortunately it probably wont be cold when I get it but still looking forward to it. This is my one last big purchase (for a while), since the missus and I are about to have a big move in more ways than one

Well then: congrats on what is sure to be a great jacket AND on the big move (in every way)!

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
This arrived yesterday. I’ll post some pics tomorrow I hope. Here is a low grade bathroom pic for now. I’m still on the fence about keeping it. I think it may be a little long and I’d want to take it in around the torso. The question is, does it join my little club. View attachment 485966 View attachment 485967

Fits a bit like mine. Greg may have struggled a bit with patterns in his early days. Zipped-up, mine had a bit of a „beak“ too, but it eased with wear as the large front-panels got more drape. Worn open, it’s a killer jacket.

32E1BFE4-E31D-44CF-B411-173340E84C7C.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ