Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Manolito

Familiar Face
I just ordered a Schott Perfecto 125 (ou 115? ou 615 ?) in black, second hand at my exact 38 size for 250 €. It is in very good condition, except a few sign of wear here and there. I think it is a 125 as it was the most popular reference in France in the late 80s/early 90s, when this jacket was hugely popular. Here, it even seems like it has kept its greasy leather texture. And on the details pictures, the irregularities of the leather look more like Schott Naked Cowhide (class 100) than Schott Steerhide (class 600).

125.jpeg

This kind of Perfecto was immensely popular among teenagers in France in the late 80s early 90s and you can find tons of them second handed from France on Vinted, even more frequently than the classic 618.

Most of them in very good condition, which is a testimony of the durability of the made in USA Schott Leather jackets, as they are very often more than 20-30 years old !

One of the reason of its popularity was that it was worn by the actor Thierry Lhermite in the french movie "Les ripoux", a comedy about two corrupted policemen in Paris. He wore during a good half of the movie and the jacket is almost a character of the movie. The movie was a huge success, more than 5 000 000 admissions in its time.

You even can see the scene when he buys it, and in the movie, you can clearly see the white and yellow perfecto label when it is taken from the rack. It is clearly a 125 as it has the peculiar greasy leather shiny look.

RIPOUX 1.jpg

445800-les-ripoux-thierry-lhermitte-et-580x0-1.jpg

gettyimages-947965522-2048x2048.jpg

Last edited:

Poltung

New in Town
I bought this used Izumiya's house brand "High Notch" leather jacket recently.
It is the "Catoosa", as seen in Cordva_No's IG post:

Size 38, Horsehide teacore. Half-belt and multi panel back with a steep slanted chest pocket. Not exactly sure of the kind of jacket it is made/reproduced after or inspired by.
I'll probably get it this week.

Edit 1: Typo and link fix

Edit 2: If anyone has more information and photos on the "Catoosa" model or on High-Notch/Izumiya that hasn't been said in @Canuck Panda 's thread, I'm all ears :)

Attachments

• 10.PNG
    10.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 44
  • 9.PNG
    9.PNG
    2.6 MB · Views: 39
  • 8.PNG
    8.PNG
    2.1 MB · Views: 41
  • 7.PNG
    7.PNG
    2.6 MB · Views: 47
  • 6.PNG
    6.PNG
    2.2 MB · Views: 41
  • 5.PNG
    5.PNG
    2.1 MB · Views: 52
  • 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 50
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 50
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    2.2 MB · Views: 54
  • 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:

ojaw

A-List Customer
Not sure where to ask this, but since most of the experts seem to spend some time around here…

I’m thinking about a trucker style jacket in roughout.

Currently in the running are:

- Schott Duke
- Iron Heart 49J
- The Shop Vancouver Chore Shirt x Y’2
- vintage Levis

Any opinions or additions?

Thanks all!

zebedee

One Too Many
Got a Café Racer in blackened brown Vicenza coming, along with a pair of William Lennon chukkas in black cxl. Then I'm going on a leather purchase hiatus for a year.

:)

The "directional maker" is waay too pricey!
And you need to be a size 36” max. I’ve wanted one in my size since I was in school. Just sucks. That really would be the final frontier for me. Maybe that’s why it’ll never happen. I wish a western maker would take up the genre. I couldn’t swallow the $3-4K for a South Paradiso, as cool to the nuts as they were.And my comms with ELS was so broken and f’d up I lost interest.

JackBroChill

New in Town
Not sure where to ask this, but since most of the experts seem to spend some time around here…

I’m thinking about a trucker style jacket in roughout.

Currently in the running are:

- Schott Duke
- Iron Heart 49J
- The Shop Vancouver Chore Shirt x Y’2
- vintage Levis

Any opinions or additions?

Thanks all!
The Iron Heart split-steer rough out is insane. Bordering on too heavy/thick but It's one of the best made garments I've ever encountered.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And you need to be a size 36” max. I’ve wanted one in my size since I was in school. Just sucks. That really would be the final frontier for me. Maybe that’s why it’ll never happen. I wish a western maker would take up the genre. I couldn’t swallow the $3-4K for a South Paradiso, as cool to the nuts as they were.And my comms with ELS was so broken and f’d up I lost interest.

I can help you with ELS if you want

Manolito

Familiar Face
I received my Schott 125, which happens to be a Schott 615. I can't really say how old it is. It is not from the 2010s, the main zipper is YKK (with no mention of Schott) and the sleeve zippers are Ideal.

It was in good condition, except on two points : the laces were completely destroyed (easy to replace) and the right belt loop had lost most of its black coating (a subtle coat of quality black polish has corrected it and it looks now OK, at least less noticeable).

IMG_20230507_104211_000.jpg

IMG_20230507_104228_647.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran