Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

AHP91

Practically Family
My size? Calling dibs :)
Duly noted. It's probably about a 40/42 (will look at actual measurements if I come closer to moving it). I actually had a couple other people inquire about the jacket before it even showed up at my doorstep, but will definitely keep this in mind

Poltung

New in Town
Just bought an early "kindof A-2 style" Grais (40-50s?) in seemingly heavy Front Quarter Horsehide.
Wind flap, quilted lining, size 40, with the cargo pockets and handwarmers because I like'em.
Small hole in the left sleeve rib that I intend to have repaired.
Planning to use it as my cold weather beater jacket, which I will probably have custom patched and maybe even painted with nose-art in the future.

Pretty good condition considering the age and price, 130 euros total shipped from Japan to France. Will post review and fit pics as soon as I get it.
Also if any of you have the name of the zipper, I'm quite interested :)

Attachments

• Grais 1.PNG
    Grais 1.PNG
    994.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Grais 9.PNG
    Grais 9.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 49
  • Grais 8.PNG
    Grais 8.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 46
  • Grais 7.PNG
    Grais 7.PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 47
  • Grais 6.PNG
    Grais 6.PNG
    4.1 MB · Views: 49
  • Grais 5.PNG
    Grais 5.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
  • Grais 4.PNG
    Grais 4.PNG
    2.9 MB · Views: 35
  • Grais 3.PNG
    Grais 3.PNG
    2.1 MB · Views: 45
  • Grais 2.PNG
    Grais 2.PNG
    853.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Just bought an early "kindoff A-2 style" Grais (40-50s?) in seemingly heavy Front Quarter Horsehide.
Wind flap, quilted lining, size 40, with the cargo pockets and handwarmers because I like'em.
Planning to use it as my cold weather beater jacket, which I will probably have custom patched and maybe even painted with nose-art in the future.

Pretty good condition considering the age and price, 130 euros total shipped from Japan to France. Will post review and fit pics as soon as I get it.
Conmar zippers are good.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Just bought an early "kindof A-2 style" Grais (40-50s?) in seemingly heavy Front Quarter Horsehide.

Looks good!!

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
IMG_9068.jpeg

I don’t love how it fits me (short sleeves and boxy shoulders) but damn this is cool. First thought was to flip it but now I’m thinking that I’ll hold on to it for a while and see how it breaks in. If the shoulders relax it will make a big difference.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 523184

I don’t love how it fits me (short sleeves and boxy shoulders) but damn this is cool. First thought was to flip it but now I’m thinking that I’ll hold on to it for a while and see how it breaks in. If the shoulders relax it will make a big difference.

Yes, way cool! So much in fact, that it justifies compromising on the less-than-ideal fit. Fingers crossed on the shoulders sagging a bit. You may well gain half an inch sleeve length there.
Actually I didn’t notice sleeves at all at first, as the eyes were drawn to the black and white contrast.

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
View attachment 523184

I really dig it on you. The short length will work both zipped and unzipped. And most of your jackets have sleeves on the shorter side anyway, don't see too much difference on this jacket. The shoulders and body will relax and make it feel more natural.

View attachment 523184

Your concerns aside, that still looks amazing imo. You sell this and I will book a transatlantic flight, knock on your door, and introduce you to the back of my hand lol. Rare jacket too. Keep it!

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
View attachment 523184

Wow! I didn't even notice your misgiving about the fit. It looks so good it transcends fit. And it is not bad fitting at all, just a few details that are easily glossed over with such visual impact.

Your concerns aside, that still looks amazing imo. You sell this and I will book a transatlantic flight, knock on your door, and introduce you to the back of my hand lol. Rare jacket too. Keep it!

I will be there as well if that were to haapen.

@torfjord , you would better not sell it otherwise you will have an angry mob of forum members knocking at your door to have a few words with you lol

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice. I have not found any information about this label. Not sure if they were a maker or a label used by another bay area maker. Sierra do not come up that often. The few I've seen are fine looking jackets. I have one I'm very fond of. Thanks for sharing this one.
Thank you. Couldnt resist. Have been interested in a square pocket jacket but do not want one with elastic waist.

This is the first Sierra I've seen without elastic. Hercules didn't have the elastic sides either. Pennys and Sportclad did. All the Sierra jackets I've seen previously had elastic which is why I didn't buy Terry's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ