Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 523184

I don’t love how it fits me (short sleeves and boxy shoulders) but damn this is cool. First thought was to flip it but now I’m thinking that I’ll hold on to it for a while and see how it breaks in. If the shoulders relax it will make a big difference.
You might want to wet the shoulders and wear the jacket until dry while gently tugging at the sleeves. As the shoulders conform, you might gain 1/2 to 1-in in sleeve "length", while at the same time "narrowing" the shoulders a bit.

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
Grabbed a Schott 618hh (I think) for a GREAT price on eBay. Collar looked a little funky (crinkly) in a couple of pics but the rest of it looked like it hadn’t been worn much. Easy catch and release if the era or condition aren’t quite what I’m looking for.
IMG_3008.jpeg

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
I would say thinner. I know they have to use the hole hide in making a jacket but my Collar has the Thickest of the leather that was used. I seen this before in Red Wing and Wolverine Heritage boots. And I have some of my other Schott jackets with the same condition happening.

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
Grabbed a Schott 618hh (I think) for a GREAT price on eBay. Collar looked a little funky (crinkly) in a couple of pics but the rest of it looked like it hadn’t been worn much. Easy catch and release if the era or condition aren’t quite what I’m looking for.
View attachment 524827
I looked into the cause of the wrinkling. From what I found out that usually that leather is from the under belly of the animal. So like I said they have to use the hole hide so they in your jacket decided to use it to make the Collar.

Viking752

Practically Family
View attachment 524827
I have a Schott built Black Stallion and I have wrinkling like that on the inside of my collar.

Nacho

Practically Family

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
Haha not me, that's the seller and the family. Hoping it looks alright
I like this more compact style of arm gusset. It creates some extra mobility while leaving the style of the jacket relatively intact. Some designs seem to almost overwhelm the back. Good score!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner