Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Gypsymoth82

A-List Customer
My first Schott incoming….a little salty, but I bet she’ll clean up nicely.
405314538_7236673953029453_6654710775930913659_n.jpeg
402722720_7238356666184636_1685907263304570931_n.jpeg
405402081_7006885999404670_4980601558582306334_n.jpeg
403171615_24356704387278498_6371240005587884905_n.jpeg

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
A Wild One, but not what you think. Seattle Woolen. Out West all the way!

View attachment 576063
Man, I waffled on this but ultimately decided to pass. I'm not the collector connoisseur that you are Terry, but knowing your praise for Seattle Woolen I was tempted. Definitely wearable, but a bit too much character for me to wear on a regular basis.

Looking forward to you getting your hands on it for additional photos and your analysis.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Man, I waffled on this but ultimately decided to pass. I'm not the collector connoisseur that you are Terry, but knowing your praise for Seattle Woolen I was tempted. Definitely wearable, but a bit too much character for me to wear on a regular basis.

Looking forward to you getting your hands on it for additional photos and your analysis.
It is a collectors piece, no real utility value. This one is most likely from the late 30s with this label. It appears to have some issues with the side sewing, but the overall condition looks good.

This style has little interest I have found.

I made an offer and got it. For for me, it is a great piece of vintage clothing and a bargain.

I too am looking forward to hands on. I will do a review, I promise.

jeo

One Too Many
My first Schott incoming….a little salty, but I bet she’ll clean up nicely.
View attachment 576077 View attachment 576079 View attachment 576085 View attachment 576080
Nice! The “ribbon labels” are the best of the Perfectos.

I have both this one and the later early 60’s model with the pointed epaulette. My earlier one is a 38 so it’s a tad big. My later one is a 36 and the best fitting MC jacket I’ve ever had.

This late 50’s “ribbon label” model with the double stitched rounded epaulettes and the French seams in the back has the best Perfecto cut of all time IMO.

It has a more generous front and waist, a slightly bigger front drop and shoulders that are rotated forward very much like the cut of the Durable, which is the best MC jacket design of all time IMO both in terms of looks and in terms of functionality.

Last edited:

Gypsymoth82

A-List Customer
Nice! The “ribbon labels” are the best of the Perfectos.

I have both this one and the later early 60’s model with the pointed epaulette. My earlier one is a 38 so it’s a tad big. My later one is a 36 and the best fitting MC jacket I’ve ever had.

This late 50’s “ribbon label” model with the double stitched rounded epaulettes and the French seams in the back has the best Perfecto cut of all time IMO.

It has a more generous front, a slightly bigger front drop and shoulders that are rotated forward very much like the cut of the Durable, which is the best MC jacket design of all time IMO both in terms of looks and in terms of functionality.
@jeo thanks so much for this. I've never really been drawn to perfectos really, but this one really called my name. It's funny, I looked for a good video about early Perfectos details, and couldn't find anything.

Really appreciate the info man.

Reactions: jeo

semolina_pilchard

One of the Regulars
Copy Cat! I had a couple like this. Note they usually have a set of mismatched zipper. This looks like a crown main. This is their standard Police jacket, probably late 40s. One of this style I owned was one of the heaviest vintage jackets I've owned.

Indeed - I’ve been looking for one ever since you had the second one up for sale.

As far as I can tell, the main zipper is the original Crown, and the two outer pockets plus inside pocket are the V-Talon type. Will confirm when it shows up.

Most guys can’t measure 6” let alone one. I’m no exception. Jumped on this Schott Rancher b/c it was a whopping 1” longer:
IMG_6931.jpeg

Vs it’s hyper short predecessor:
IMG_5152.jpeg

Bottom line is that an inch means about as much to a jacket as it does your girl….

Jack shit.

No more sweating the “small” stuff.

Last edited:

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Most guys can’t measure 6” let alone one. I’m no exception. Jumped on this Schott Rancher b/c it was a whopping 1” longer:
View attachment 576394
Vs it’s hyper short predecessor:
View attachment 576395
Bottom line is that an inch means about as much to a jacket as it does your girl….

Jack shit.

No more sweating the “small” stuff.
You're not happy with the extra body length? Your new jacket looks great to me.

AHP91

Practically Family
I love the style but I do think it's a women's jacket, judging by the chin strap which is positioned on the right hand side. I'm not sure it will affect the fit though, I don't see any chest darts so it might as well be unisex.

Ah that’s a little concerning, might have to try and cancel it

mumpy

A-List Customer
I've got a Helikon M65 coming.

Every time we get hit by another weather system with a person's name I wish I had a jacket hard enough to hit back. Now I will.

Lord knows whether it'll fit. I'm expecting to have to exchange it for a smaller size.
My Helikon-Tex M65 Black Nyco just arrived, insane jacket!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy