Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
I just picked up this beauty from an antique store today. I think it’s a Sears Hercules but I can’t read the label, and the label looks different from the ones in the great Sears MC catalog thread by @tmitchell59.

But maybe it’s a late 40s/early 50s Hercules judging by the lining and the D pocket? Conmar main zip, Talon sleeve zips. Did anyone else have this kind of lining?

I think I got a good deal, but there is one thing that’s not perfect. A lot of the snaps don’t connect to anything. See pic. They look kind of rusted out? Not a huge deal for me as the fit is pretty good and everything else looks to be in great shape. Anyway, I’m excited! My first 50s motorcycle jacket, kind of a grail for me. View attachment 580313 View attachment 580314 View attachment 580315 View attachment 580316 View attachment 580317 View attachment 580318 View attachment 580319 View attachment 580320 View attachment 580321
Beautiful jacket! Love those plaid wool lining. Your snaps are not complete. It appears from the uploaded images, the snap's stud or sockets are missing. If the eyelets and caps still usable, the job will be much easier.

Good luck with your project.
dop snaps.jpg

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
I just picked up this beauty from an antique store today. I think it’s a Sears Hercules but I can’t read the label, and the label looks different from the ones in the great Sears MC catalog thread by @tmitchell59.

But maybe it’s a late 40s/early 50s Hercules judging by the lining and the D pocket? Conmar main zip, Talon sleeve zips. Did anyone else have this kind of lining?

I think I got a good deal, but there is one thing that’s not perfect. A lot of the snaps don’t connect to anything. See pic. They look kind of rusted out? Not a huge deal for me as the fit is pretty good and everything else looks to be in great shape. Anyway, I’m excited! My first 50s motorcycle jacket, kind of a grail for me. View attachment 580313 View attachment 580314 View attachment 580315 View attachment 580316 View attachment 580317 View attachment 580318 View attachment 580319 View attachment 580320 View attachment 580321

I believe the leather tags are older than the white tags. Please remember to keep your jacket in a moth proof garment cover. I would use a nice #2 pencil to clean up the zippers and a horse hair big brush to clean the jacket nicely. Please take your time. Your jacket looks clean enough to just do a good brush clean with out the need of liquids.

horse hair.jpeg

Last edited:

hodgeko

One of the Regulars
I believe the leather tags are older than the white tags. Please remember to keep your jacket in a moth proof garment cover. I would use a nice #2 pencil to clean up the zippers and a horse hair big brush to clean the jacket nicely. Please take your time. Your jacket looks clean enough to just do a good brush clean with out the need of liquids.

View attachment 580338
Thanks, good tips!

hodgeko

One of the Regulars
Sears Hercules. l believe these were the second iteration of these jackets with the leather patch label. First ones came out in 1949 and had the white Hercules label, so maybe this one is 1950 or 1951.

Catalog page from 1949

View attachment 580330

Here’s my late 40’s Herc with the white label.

View attachment 580331
Great info! I appreciate seeing yours and the catalog page too. Thanks!

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

You have done exceedingly well on your Grail Quest, more so than we may know. These early Sears Hercules Wool lined have been a quest of mine and this jacket ask and answer several questions in the lineage of these jackets. Small and insignificant unless you own one of these jackets. Like splitting hairs in all realms of collecting.

I would have most certainly paid the amount no matter the size, and I doubt it is mine. I sold a green lined one a few years back, on here, with a one year money back guarantee. It was more than your price.

Compare them with a wool lined Buco, they are a bargain! at least to me you got a bargain on a bargain!

Hopefully the jacket will show up in the Hercules MC thread certainly has a place there.

hodgeko

One of the Regulars
You have done exceedingly well on your Grail Quest, more so than we may know. These early Sears Hercules Wool lined have been a quest of mine and this jacket ask and answer several questions in the lineage of these jackets. Small and insignificant unless you own one of these jackets. Like splitting hairs in all realms of collecting.

I would have most certainly paid the amount no matter the size, and I doubt it is mine. I sold a green lined one a few years back, on here, with a one year money back guarantee. It was more than your price.

Compare them with a wool lined Buco, they are a bargain! at least to me you got a bargain on a bargain!

Hopefully the jacket will show up in the Hercules MC thread certainly has a place there.
Thanks! I feel very lucky with this purchase now, especially with all this great info. I will definitely add it to the Hercules thread when I get some fit pics.

Last edited:

photo2u

Call Me a Cab

I got to visit my the T. Shops.

AHP91

Practically Family
Coming my way, looks to be an old open motor car driving cap. Too cool for comfort! Fit? I don't even care. Looks 1920s, sold from an estate with several other very old caps.

View attachment 573336 View attachment 573337 View attachment 573339 View attachment 573340

Hey Terry - did this cap fit you? If not, any chance you’d be willing to sell to someone who could wear it if it’s not too small? Understand if you want to keep for a collection- figured I’d ask. Thank you, hope it did actually work out for you.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Hey Terry - did this cap fit you? If not, any chance you’d be willing to sell to someone who could wear it if it’s not too small? Understand if you want to keep for a collection- figured I’d ask. Thank you, hope it did actually work out for you.
No the cap at did not fit me I did not think it would. I'm not even sure what size it is pretty small. I had forgot about it until you mentioned it. These accessories are among my favorite collector items. I will do a Write up , this Cap is definitely for the 1920s And very interesting

jchance

One of the Regulars
For my 2nd leather jacket (ever), I got a Warehouse & Co. cossack unlined deerskin. Their main principle is "the faithful reproduction of authentic vintage garments." I'm presuming the exact repro of the 1930s cossack, except in deerskin, going to give them a shot.

Warehouse & Co., though made in Japan, is still quite unknown when it comes to leather jackets. Warehouse & Co. did some collaborations for Heller's Cafe a while back, including leather jackets. Heller's Cafe also did collaborations with Himel Bros. By extrapolation, I'm assuming that Heller's Cafe's quality check passed both Warehouse & Co and Himel Bros.

Attachments

• Warehouse Cossack unlined deerskin.jpeg
    Warehouse Cossack unlined deerskin.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails