Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many of you were taught this in high school? Or, at home?

czack

One of the Regulars
Been there

When they here about it how long it takes, some leave, some apply and some try to get me to fill out their paper that says they applied for a job.
Ok, been there done that. Having had a few periods of "career re-evaluation time" I have had to play the apply for 3 jobs a week to keep unemployment. Not to be disrespectful, but I wanted my next move to be a good one and "faking it" while still looking is one strategy.

czack

One of the Regulars
Nobody Cares Anymore

Hey folks,

I learned about interviewing in high school and we were told "shirt and tie." As it was said earlier I don't think you can really be overdressed for an interview in a suit, it shows respect. Also, as to workplace attire, criticizing someone's appearance can open a sexual harassment case especially if the boss is male and the employee is female. But having seen jogging suits in church, shorts at a wedding, and ripped jeans at a funeral the notion of DRESSING APPROPIATELY FOR THE OCCASION is going the way of the dodo.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
When I was in college and interviewed for my summer jobs; Gillig Bus assembly line worker, or my first job at 18 at UPS, I dressed in khaki's, buttoned down shirt because it was for a blue collar job and I didn't want to be over dressed for a job where I'd have to be lowering bus frames onto axles' or installing radiators. :D When I got out of college and went for interviews in white collar occupations then I dressed in suit and tie.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Trust me on this

LizzieMaine said:
Beef Patty Lady (hey, what a great online handle) sounds like she must've been an Atkins Diet fan. I'd hate to imagine what else she carried around in her purse...

Lettuce, cheese, eggs and breath mints (carb-free).

:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran